Hi,

I am having issues with keeping my album artwork in my music app. I buy my music from iTunes and transfer it to my phone via wireless transfer to my sd card. All is well I vet my album art work and all until I re boot my phone. Once I re boot my phone I lose about 75% of the art work. Does anybody have any idea what can cause this?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:35 AM
    I had it where one day after transferring music from my laptop to my Z10, it did this:
    Losing music album artwork upon phone reboot-img_00000242.png

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:59 AM
    The latest OS (1762) on my Z10 has fixed my album art issues. On the precious OS only about 50% of the artwork was displaying. I used Link to sync music.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:28 PM
    Only half of my album art shows on 10.1 where it worked flawlessly on 10.0 firmware (as long as I had a folder.jpg in the album folder). Not it just won't work. What the fudge is all the album art trouble about.
    05-13-13 04:54 PM
    -close music app
    -open up file manager app
    -navigate to your music folder
    -find an instance of a file named folder.jpg
    -delete it
    -open up the music app and wait a couple of minutes
    -album art should start populating

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:01 PM
    I make sure my files are all tagged, in folders and with an accompanying folder.jpg file. If that still doesn't work, then I back up, reformat the SD and copy everything back.
    05-13-13 05:02 PM
    I've had absolutely no problems with album artworks since I got my Z10 including the latest leak 10.1.0.1762, but I keep my music in a perfect order, so I can just give you a few tips that might help:

- check your ID3 tags, especially whether all fields are filled, i.e. if only Artist title is filled, but Album artist is empty, you can get the Unknown artist error

- include artwork as a folder.jpg file in every album folder, if it is a double-CD album be sure to add it into both subfolders (i.e. CD1, CD2), not into the main folder. I got used to renaming album cover as folder.jpg since was dealing with such problems on my old Bold 9700 and I keep this system even in my computer.

Hope it helps a bit
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 05-13-13 at 07:07 PM.
    05-13-13 06:50 PM
    I managed to fix it yesterday. Not without trouble though. Only one thing worked for me.

I downloaded mp3tag and used that to add the album art to the mp3 files. Then I had to delete all "folder.jpg" files from each album. After that I had to delete the albums from the device and transfer them over again. If I didn't do that the album art would not show up even though everything was properly done.

The stock player is very picky when it comes to album art. Very inconsistent. Some folders actually still have folder.jpg in them but works just fine. For those that did not, I had to do the above.

Finally.

Attachment 161349
    05-14-13 02:57 AM
    Yeah I have just moved 5gb of music over from iTunes using BlackBerry Link and almost no album artwork is there.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:28 PM