I'm a newbie mobile developer. I need reviewers for my first app 'iMeasureDist' to let me know what I have missed.
    App details:
    ----------------
    BlackBerry World - iMeasureDist
    it is used to measure the dimensions of objects. I've tested the app on Dev Alpha C (and indirectly on Q10) but I don't have access to Z10 and Z30 to test.

Note: I don't know how to generate Promotional Codes for the reviewers in Blackberry AppWorld, so maybe sending back the cost of the app to the reviewers through PayPal could be an option? (plus some awards )

If you are interested please let me know!
    10-02-13 04:30 AM
    (plus some awards )
    Bribery?
    10-02-13 04:45 AM
    NO of course .. this is for active reviewers who are willing to work with me privately on the app (sending me questions/feedbacks ..etc.) but for sure this is not for the reviews on the Appworld page .. for sure they can write WHAT THEY WANT!!
    10-02-13 05:11 AM
    Would love to help you test your app, you should have made it a free app for a period to check it out and learn from any possible mistakes.

It's not that I don't have the money to buy the app but for you to ask for people to buy your app with a possible refund looks suspect to me. My first thought is that you hope that people will pay the small fee and not really expect the refund and you proffit.

If this works for you I will seriously consider doing the same as you, I also dabble in app development and would love other people to sponsor my efforts.

Make it free and learn from your mistakes or charge a small fee and learn from your mistakes. I know which option I would respect and support.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2
    Mohamed Abdelsalam likes this.
    10-02-13 05:22 AM
    What is preventing me from making it free is that i've a current marketing process that is running and costing me! Actually, i was planning to send the cost in advance (yes no problem as the number of reviewers will be within my budget)

Anyway, maybe making it free for a period is the safest solution for now.. i'll try it... thanks!
    10-02-13 05:42 AM
    First, welcome to Crackberry. It is nice that a developer is supporting our platform. Second, good luck with your app. It looks interesting, not that I'm into surveying!
    10-02-13 08:41 AM
    I just read the description and have to tell you my first impressions: please consider not talking about users that use it wrong. This could be seen as an insult. Please consider having the negative reviews in the store to show the improvement and that you are not hiding anything. Please consider having a guide on the first use with those "you did it right" messages.
    A simple "look at a door, take 2 steps away, do this, now that..." example on first use could do the job perfectly.
    I didn't test it and if you already have a first use guide an all that "congratulations, you just measured the first time" stuff, feel free to ignore.

Hardest job for a developer is to make your users feel good and smart by providing a smart interface.

Good luck with your app, looks promising to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 03:14 PM
    Thank you for developing apps.
    I will follow it and your posts. I'm sure the CB nation will do what they can to support you.

I Checked out the app and it looks promising. Keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-02-13 07:06 PM
    How's the app going? I keep looking back for reviews but I only see one so far.
    10-11-13 01:00 AM
    Check out BETA: Battery and System Analyzer TRIAL in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/33697896

This dev will get my money. I got a peek at his app for just a minute and saw I wanted it, BETA is not a problem.

Perhaps look at this app and the approach taken. I'm not sure how well the app works yet but I want to see it work. I'm sure that if I got a peek at your app I'd pay for it too.

I don't mean any disrespect by being critical, I respect devs who make the effort to support BlackBerry World and will try buy their apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:40 AM
    Can't you just provide bar file to be sideloaded? To testers? Or giving to some of the testers privately.

Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:45 AM
    I'd be happy to give an honest review if it was free. You already told everyone you were a beginner at making mobile apps, so wouldn't it be logical to give users to try it out for free first? Or at least a trial version.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:59 AM
    I'm not able to change my app to be free. so I have submitted two free versions each one implements a sub-function. One of the two free apps are available now at (name: SlideMeter): https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=EG&lang=en

the other is going through the review process.
    10-29-13 11:17 AM
    I'm not able to change my app to be free. so I have submitted two free versions each one implements a sub-function. One of the two free apps are available now at (name: SlideMeter): https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=EG&lang=en

the other is going through the review process.
    I did try downloading the free one but it wants Permissions to the Internet and Device Identifying Info! Why does a measuring app require such broad, open permissions. I did not grant them and it does not load!
    10-29-13 01:21 PM
    I did try downloading the free one but it wants Permissions to the Internet and Device Identifying Info! Why does a measuring app require such broad, open permissions. I did not grant them and it does not load!
    Thank you .. the app has help button which connect to the app mobile website .. this is the link that is open by the app : SEC smart mobile apps systems
    10-29-13 02:48 PM
    Thank you .. the app has help button which connect to the app mobile website .. this is the link that is open by the app : SEC smart mobile apps systems
    And why the Device Identifying Permission. And let me say, your app is not the only one where I question why such permissions are needed. Also, I know that I'm not the only user who asks these types of questions regarding Permissions. Some people will not use any app that asks for Permissions which don't seem necessary. But, again, good luck with it and I will think about using it, too. (just last week I had my house measured for carpeting - your example!)
    10-29-13 04:53 PM