I currently have hosting and email for several domains with GoDaddy. The unwillingness of GoDaddy to fix, much less acknowledge, the lack of IMAP push is causing me to look elsewhere for my email hosting needs.

Can anyone recommend email hosts that support push IMAP that works on BB 10 devices?

Thanks!
    09-12-13 10:24 AM
    Not real sure what you are wanting - free accounts like @gmail.com or @outlook.com.

Or a hosting service that will host your domain email accounts? If that is the case... both Google and MS have online hosting - starting at around $4 per user per month that allows you to move you domain email to their servers. They both utilize "Active Sync" type technology, so you set up your device just like they were using an Exchange Server. Thus you have two-way syncing of email, contacts, calendars, task. Actually works better than IMAP.
    09-12-13 10:42 AM
    I'd go with a GMail solution. We just moved our lake association from a free webmail provider (Datapipe) to Google. Easy, fast, and instant push.
    09-12-13 10:44 AM
    Not real sure what you are wanting - free accounts like @gmail.com or @outlook.com.

Or a hosting service that will host your domain email accounts? If that is the case... both Google and MS have online hosting - starting at around $4 per user per month that allows you to move you domain email to their servers. They both utilize "Active Sync" type technology, so you set up your device just like they were using an Exchange Server. Thus you have two-way syncing of email, contacts, calendars, task. Actually works better than IMAP.
    Thanks for the response. I have domain names and email addresses associated with those domain names that I want hosted - I don't want a gmail.com or outlook.com address. I will check into the Google and MS EAS solutions, but $4/month adds up quickly with the multiple email addresses I need to handle. EAS is nice, but I just need push IMAP so that I can get near instant delivery of emails to the BB10 devices. Thanks!
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 09-12-13 at 11:35 AM.
    09-12-13 11:10 AM
    I currently have hosting and email for several domains with GoDaddy. The unwillingness of GoDaddy to fix, much less acknowledge, the lack of IMAP push is causing me to look elsewhere for my email hosting needs.

Can anyone recommend email hosts that support push IMAP that works on BB 10 devices?

Thanks!
    I don't know about Go Daddy as I live in AUS however from the forum I was advised that Go Daddy is piggybacked by Yahoo which has NO IMAP push for some silly reason.

Better off you switch to the cPanel based email e.g. Digital Pacific or Syrahost. They do support IMAP idle for Push IMAP.

I'm also looking to switch my email domain from Yahoo to one of them too, just got no time as yet...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:32 PM
    Thanks for the response. I have domain names and email addresses associated with those domain names that I want hosted - I don't want a gmail.com or outlook.com address. I will check into the Google and MS EAS solutions, but $4/month adds up quickly with the multiple email addresses I need to handle. EAS is nice, but I just need push IMAP so that I can get near instant delivery of emails to the BB10 devices. Thanks!
    While the email provider that I use for my personal email account is likely not available to you but you can try registering , they use Zimbra and my account is configured as an IMAP with IDLE enabled on your email server. Messages arrive on my BlackBerry Z10 within a few seconds of hitting the server.

http://www.ncf.ca/ncf/registration/

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-12-13 09:10 PM
    I'd go with a GMail solution. We just moved our lake association from a free webmail provider (Datapipe) to Google. Easy, fast, and instant push.
    And Google data mining does not worry you or your lake association?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-12-13 09:12 PM
    Hofstra,

Did you find a solution? I am also on godaddy and still using a 9930 because of the lack of push imap by godaddy. Did you find an alternative?

Thanks!
    10-17-13 06:59 PM
    I have emails with cidhosting.net. You can email them sales@cid-systems.com

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 09:22 PM