I own an iPhone 5 and I kinda wanna try something different so I've been looking at the Z10. I'm deep into the apple ecosystem with apps and all that but I know how to sideload most of the apps I use anyway so it won't be a big deal.

But I have a question...

What kind of group chatting does BB have now?

When I left BB after my Storm 2 I've had an iPhone 4, Galaxy S4, and an iPhone 5 now. But I wanted to know if you guys can group chat with 2-3 other iPhone and android users without sending and receiving individual texts.
    10-02-13 05:50 PM
    If you are deep in apps and know how to sideload which is great, my recommendation is to hold out for the Z30 if you want to try the BlackBerry. Yes BBM can group chat without individual msg. And with BBM still set to go cross platform lord willing you'll enjoy your BlackBerry experience better. The Z10 is great but the Z30 is better. Just my two cents

Posted via CB10
    cruiz1022 likes this.
    10-02-13 05:59 PM
    Well I use Whatsapp for that right now. But when and if BBM comes to xplatform, you could use that also.
    10-02-13 06:00 PM
    let us know if you get passed the sales rep.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:53 PM
    To answer your question yes I do group chat for free with other platforms. Many options but i/we use whatsapp. Not my fave as id prefer bbm but it does the job.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-02-13 06:59 PM
    Lol I was shopping at BJ's wholesales club today and there's a small Verizon Retail store inside the place and they didn't have one blackberry. They had about 4-5 different droids, 2 iPhones, a couple windows phones, and the rest were tablets. And I'm aiming for the Z10 because I'm gonna be purchasing it on eBay, the Z10 is going for about $250.
    vgorous likes this.
    10-02-13 07:53 PM
    Great choice, you'll love it!
    I'm using whatsapp for my group right now but looking forward to cross platform BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:56 PM
    My Local Sam's Club don't have a single Blackberry either, they all iphones actually and a couple Android Tablets
    10-02-13 08:18 PM
    BlackBerry has finally implemented group text messaging.

On old BlackBerrys, if someone included me in a group text, I would get replies from everyone who replied to the original sender. So if I didn't know everyone's name, I would get texts from random numbers saying, "I can't make it, I work that day!" and it would continue forever haha

But on BlackBerry10, there is real group messaging, where it's like an iPhone...so it's like a chatroom. If it's a group of friends and you happen to have a picture for each of their address book entries in your phone, their pictures show up at the top of the screen, as well as their names in the chat. It's pretty cool, though I still hate group texts.
    cruiz1022 likes this.
    10-02-13 08:20 PM
    BlackBerry has finally implemented group text messaging.

On old BlackBerrys, if someone included me in a group text, I would get replies from everyone who replied to the original sender. So if I didn't know everyone's name, I would get texts from random numbers saying, "I can't make it, I work that day!" and it would continue forever haha

But on BlackBerry10, there is real group messaging, where it's like an iPhone...so it's like a chatroom. If it's a group of friends and you happen to have a picture for each of their address book entries in your phone, their pictures show up at the top of the screen, as well as their names in the chat. It's pretty cool, though I still hate group texts.

Thanks so much! This is what I wanted to know! I like the whole thread iPhone group conversations.
    10-02-13 08:35 PM
    Man, if you're deep into the Apple Eco-zone I strongly suggest you don't buy a z10.

Also, the side loaded apps that you are using on your iPhone won't work as well on the z10. For example , the Instagram app is laggy and buggy. It crashes and isn't as easy to use as the native IOS version.

I have many other apps such as The Score app, google maps and realtor app side loaded and they crash, have missing functions and lag badly. Side loaded apps generally, in my experience, do not work as well as native apps.

And if you have iCloud integration and you have a MacBook or iMac or Apple TV, you are much better off with your iPhone.

There's a reason why the z10 isn't selling well and has an unprecedented amount of returns. I made the mistake of switching from an iPhone 4s to the z10 and have been regretting it since the first few weeks.
    10-02-13 10:26 PM
    Man, if you're deep into the Apple Eco-zone I strongly suggest you don't buy a z10.

Also, the side loaded apps that you are using on your iPhone won't work as well on the z10. For example , the Instagram app is laggy and buggy. It crashes and isn't as easy to use as the native IOS version.

I have many other apps such as The Score app, google maps and realtor app side loaded and they crash, have missing functions and lag badly. Side loaded apps generally, in my experience, do not work as well as native apps.

And if you have iCloud integration and you have a MacBook or iMac or Apple TV, you are much better off with your iPhone.

There's a reason why the z10 isn't selling well and has an unprecedented amount of returns. I made the mistake of switching from an iPhone 4s to the z10 and have been regretting it since the first few weeks.
    I thought the same thing too. If u r deep into that ecosystem, why would u change?

I love my Z10 for the keyboard. Hdmi, universal USB charge port for both our Android and BlackBerry devices, removable battery (battery bundle is awesome) , expandable memory, Story Maker app, fast browser, calendar and email integration, social media and contact integration, the Hub, cool bedtime mode setting, ease of erasing words on the keyboard and I am sure many more features that I forget to list. The Amazon mp3 app that I side loaded integrates seamlessly into the native music app. It is a smooth UI and not so busy. Great call quality and I have been pleased with the battery life.

But again, if u are vested in the IOS, u might just want to stick to Apple.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-13 10:59 PM
    I just recently got the z10 and I love it my only issue us the music player. Unlike the old one I do not have the ability to play all of my songs randomly instead it just plays from a certain folder called unknown. On the previous berries there was the option to play all songs or artist or album or genres. Now there is no option to play all. When I go to play all it only plays all the songs from an album called unknown. Does anybody know how to make it like the old berries where you could just go to play all and it will play all your songs. It's real frustrating

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:44 AM
    Unknown? All my music is in albums. I hit "play all" and they all play.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:52 AM
    I thought the same thing too. If u r deep into that ecosystem, why would u change?

I love my Z10 for the keyboard. Hdmi, universal USB charge port for both our Android and BlackBerry devices, removable battery (battery bundle is awesome) , expandable memory, Story Maker app, fast browser, calendar and email integration, social media and contact integration, the Hub, cool bedtime mode setting, ease of erasing words on the keyboard and I am sure many more features that I forget to list. The Amazon mp3 app that I side loaded integrates seamlessly into the native music app. It is a smooth UI and not so busy. Great call quality and I have been pleased with the battery life.

But again, if u are vested in the IOS, u might just want to stick to Apple.

not sure why you felt the need to list off the number of features the z10 has. We all know that many smartphones have great features. I'm sure a windows phone enthusiast could list off a page of features for those as well.

The bottom line is how it works. And for me the z10 doesn't fit as well as the iPhone did. I end up using my iPad at home almost exclusively now because of this. I will switch back to iPhone 5s in feb when I am eligible for an upgrade.

I just wanted to warn the OP that if he is 'Deep into the Apple ecozone' he may want to rethink a z10. IMO
    10-03-13 08:25 AM
    Get it. Learn the keyboard. The no home button is great just because of switching from apps to apps. The peek is also nice when you are composing a message and reading off another.

I honestly get a lot of compliments of the phone looks.

I love waking the phone up just by swiping up.

All TV's have hdmi, so you can connect to one.

The UI of the phone is fast. Get some native apps, branded "built for BlackBerry", abd you'll see that BlackBerry got the ui right.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:43 AM
    I listen to a lot of music. What's great is, when I hear a song I like from 8tracks, I do a screenshot to save the name and title of the track. Then later I can go into the browser, go to google, search for the mp3, and I can download it right into my phone.
    (I tried that with an iPhone, and you cant, but this is a big thing for me)

Looking to get a Z10....Question..-img_00001202.png

When you use the keyboard, you can flick down to switch from letters to special characters, and you can flick left, to quickly delete the whole word.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:54 AM
    Well I understand all the shortcomings of apps on a blackberry but I figured the side loading would be decent enough to have Instagram, Snapchat, and maybe Vine but either way this is why I would be buying the Z10 off contract, if I don't like it I'll just go back to my iPhone and cut my losses.

I have another question. My iPhone and S4 had/have a hotspot feature that let's me connect to my iPad or laptop whenever I'm on the road or at work. Does the BB have the wifi hotspot tethering?

I also bought into the hype way back when and have a playbook that I'd be able to bridge with. I like trying different phones and platforms whenever I can afford it, and I just wanna give blackberry a shot cause I haven't had one since the Storm 2.
    10-03-13 09:10 AM
    Looking to get a Z10....Question..-img_00001203.png

Posted via CB10
    cruiz1022 likes this.
    10-03-13 09:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001203.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	207355

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. Plus right now my iPhone is 16GB and 16GB only lol. I have a 64GB SD card just sitting in my house waiting to be used :-(
    10-03-13 09:15 AM
    Lol I was shopping at BJ's wholesales club today and there's a small Verizon Retail store inside the place and they didn't have one blackberry. They had about 4-5 different droids, 2 iPhones, a couple windows phones, and the rest were tablets. And I'm aiming for the Z10 because I'm gonna be purchasing it on eBay, the Z10 is going for about $250.
    Just got a z10 off ebay. Paid just a little over $200. I am loving this thing.

I'm using Google chat and whatsapp at the moment. I'm ready for BBM to go live on the other platforms. Or I will talk my wife into getting a z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:37 AM
    Just got a z10 off ebay. Paid just a little over $200. I am loving this thing.

I'm using Google chat and whatsapp at the moment. I'm ready for BBM to go live on the other platforms. Or I will talk my wife into getting a z10.

Posted via CB10
    Get your wife a z10 so you guys can bbm video and what not.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:19 AM
    not sure why you felt the need to list off the number of features the z10 has. We all know that many smartphones have great features. I'm sure a windows phone enthusiast could list off a page of features for those as well.

The bottom line is how it works. And for me the z10 doesn't fit as well as the iPhone did. I end up using my iPad at home almost exclusively now because of this. I will switch back to iPhone 5s in feb when I am eligible for an upgrade.

I just wanted to warn the OP that if he is 'Deep into the Apple ecozone' he may want to rethink a z10. IMO
    Relax. I just freaking love my keyboard. I am on board with u. All good.

10-05-13 10:28 PM
    Dang, OP, you sound just like me. I like trying new platforms and devices. I love my Z10 and I've had every iPhone except the 5S. I still have my iPhone 5, though. However, I plan to eventually get the Nexus 5 around XMas since I loved my N4. Good luck. Sideloading apps helped a lot. The Z10 is underrated, IMO.
    10-06-13 03:45 AM
    I listen to a lot of music. What's great is, when I hear a song I like from 8tracks, I do a screenshot to save the name and title of the track. Then later I can go into the browser, go to google, search for the mp3, and I can download it right into my phone.
    (I tried that with an iPhone, and you cant, but this is a big thing for me)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001202.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	207354

When you use the keyboard, you can flick down to switch from letters to special characters, and you can flick left, to quickly delete the whole word.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I didn't know that the flicking of the keyboard would do that....must be logged the manual but too lazy to read. Thanks for the tips.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:58 AM
26 12