Ever since getting in on the 200 dollar Z10 ( and waiting for shipping) I've been trying to read up on the new ecosystem, but I only opened it on Christmas. I am coming from an unlocked Nokia 521 on T-Mobile. I liked WP8 ( I have no loyalty to any OS and have used everything but an iPhone so far) but the 521 is a good low end phone but no LTE.

So far I've installed bblink and have updated the OS to 10.1.0.4200 and the Tmobile my account apps and WiFi calling ( which does not yet work due to an error in 911 and when I try to correct it it says it can't make changes)

I'm still super green at it but have two questions:

Before updating I got into the 25 days and downloaded the game that is like jetpack joyride ( can't remember the name) but I can't find it after the OS update, is it linked to my account so that if I find it in BBworld it will still be free to reload?

Before getting onto the Z10 I was lucky enough to get the Xbox music pass for 30 bucks.
    It looks like there is no native Xbox music app for blackberry, there is one for iOS and android so I might get to get it by loading the apk ( baby steps). But you can stream from a browser from a PC, but it does not seem to work with the blackberry browser.

I'm not opposed to using the simless 521 as a standalone music player but if I could get it on the Z10 it would be so much better ( one device vs 2). Has anyone who is on 10.2.xxx gotten the Xbox music apk to work?

I looked for these answers before posting but its still pretty new so its a little overwhelming. If these answers are readily available, I'm sorry and will try better with the inevitable questions to come.

Happy boxing day to everyone!
    12-26-13 11:57 AM
    Welcome to the BB10 world. I can't answer #2 but any BBWorld download is tied to your BBW ID as such you should be able to re-download any previous purchase (free of paid$).
    12-26-13 12:13 PM
    Ever since getting in on the 200 dollar Z10 ( and waiting for shipping) I've been trying to read up on the new ecosystem, but I only opened it on Christmas. I am coming from an unlocked Nokia 521 on T-Mobile. I liked WP8 ( I have no loyalty to any OS and have used everything but an iPhone so far) but the 521 is a good low end phone but no LTE.

So far I've installed bblink and have updated the OS to 10.1.0.4200 and the Tmobile my account apps and WiFi calling ( which does not yet work due to an error in 911 and when I try to correct it it says it can't make changes)

I'm still super green at it but have two questions:

Before updating I got into the 25 days and downloaded the game that is like jetpack joyride ( can't remember the name) but I can't find it after the OS update, is it linked to my account so that if I find it in BBworld it will still be free to reload?

Before getting onto the Z10 I was lucky enough to get the Xbox music pass for 30 bucks.
    It looks like there is no native Xbox music app for blackberry, there is one for iOS and android so I might get to get it by loading the apk ( baby steps). But you can stream from a browser from a PC, but it does not seem to work with the blackberry browser.

I'm not opposed to using the simless 521 as a standalone music player but if I could get it on the Z10 it would be so much better ( one device vs 2). Has anyone who is on 10.2.xxx gotten the Xbox music apk to work?

I looked for these answers before posting but its still pretty new so its a little overwhelming. If these answers are readily available, I'm sorry and will try better with the inevitable questions to come.

Happy boxing day to everyone!
    To answer your first question, any app/game you download in bb app world is then tied to your bb id, and will stay linked until you "un-link" it from within app world. So any game you got for free during the giveaways will be there in app world for you to download again for free.

As for your second question on the xbox music app, I verified that it successfully installed and started up on my z10, I couldn't get past the first step since i do not have a music pass, but since I got that far i can only assume it would work for you.

Oh and welcome to the forums!!
    12-26-13 12:14 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-os-102-update-right-now

Try this to get 10.2 has great updates to the os. Check out the threads to sideload which should fix the xbox app problem.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-26-13 12:33 PM
    Thanks I suspect I'll get there just not sure how soon. Based on my ignorance it looks like the 10.2.xxx leaks kill wife calling from T-Mobile. If I had to decide between wifi calling and Xbox music, that's a tough call. I can probably lug 2 devices for a while.

As for the first question about the kiwi game, I did find it (felt like an *****).
    12-26-13 12:42 PM
    Thanks I suspect I'll get there just not sure how soon. Based on my ignorance it looks like the 10.2.xxx leaks kill wife calling from T-Mobile. If I had to decide between wifi calling and Xbox music, that's a tough call. I can probably lug 2 devices for a while.

As for the first question about the kiwi game, I did find it (felt like an *****).

long time lurker from first time poster-img_20132454.png

Way to keep it

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-26-13 12:57 PM
    Well that settles it then. I'm not opposed to loading leaks but I'm gonna go stock for a while to establish a baseline first ( a couple of weeks tops). If I can get LTE/WiFi calling/ Xbox music on an unlocked no contract phone that has NFC that's pretty neat.

Thanks for everyone's responses so far.
    12-26-13 01:17 PM

You probably ought to stay away from leaks or T-Mobile. I'm pretty sure your wife won't appreciate being killed ;-D

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:40 PM
    Stupid auto correct, I thought I had fixed it. Sorry.
    12-26-13 04:43 PM
    You probably ought to stay away from leaks or T-Mobile. I'm pretty sure your wife won't appreciate being killed ;-D
    Good one. I'm pretty sure it's a typing mistake, though.
    12-26-13 04:50 PM
    Of course it was a typo. I'm just trying to interject a little humor.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 06:25 PM