Can't bloody wait to test out how my z10 copes got it especially to be one of the first ready for it. Just so you Americans know, iPhone 5 won't work on Vodafone or O2 4G which is a massive blow. (Although that problem is rectified with the 5S). Anyway with 4G my thirst for Vine will probably intensify.
    08-26-13 09:00 PM
    My lady and I will be in London the first half of September. I'm really hoping for 4G (LTE) so we can BBM Vid Chat with family in the states. I also want to transfer photos directly home via HotSpot. I'm planning to get a pretty fat data block on my SIM when I get there. Which carrier do you recommend? My model is STL100-3.
    08-26-13 09:07 PM
    My lady and I will be in London the first half of September. I'm really hoping for 4G (LTE) so we can BBM Vid Chat with family in the states. I also want to transfer photos directly home via HotSpot. I'm planning to get a pretty fat data block on my SIM when I get there. Which carrier do you recommend? My model is STL100-3.
    hard to tell at the moment but EE (was T-Mobile/Orange) have had a head start for 10 months with the 1800/2100. They've been advertising heavily "it'll make your smartphone faster". They haven't been able to reach the whole of the country in that time despite their promises. Vodafone and BT appear to be in the best position in my opinion. O2 is not far behind. I highly doubt BT do go back in to the mobile market because they sold their Cellnet to Telefonica 12 years ago, but they are developing a dongle so people with Broadband can switch to 4g when they lose line broadband, which should help the rural areas to get faster speeds.

Both Vodafone and O2 bought a share of the 800/900 spectrum which was used for the television transmitters which although carries less data, is much more stronger at travelling over longer distances. Previously 3G has never been able to get in to indoors, but I am hopeful 4g will have 99% indoor coverage with Vodafone. You're lucky to get 3G outside let alone indoors.

I would personally avoid EE with a bargepole unless you are unfortunate to have an iPhone 5 which won't work on O2 or Vodafone
    MRswag and jrohland like this.
    08-26-13 09:26 PM
    BB z10 and Q10 is working pretty well in singapore here under 4G/LTE coverage
    08-26-13 10:55 PM
    Thanks Acvdm. My friend in London is on Vodafone so I was going to try them first. The first week we are traveling the southern coast from Dover to Cornwall to Wales and back. The second week is all in London area. I'm more concerned with coverage the second week. Oh, and I'm concerned about driving on the wrong side of the car.
    08-27-13 12:59 PM
    Thanks Acvdm. My friend in London is on Vodafone so I was going to try them first. The first week we are traveling the southern coast from Dover to Cornwall to Wales and back. The second week is all in London area. I'm more concerned with coverage the second week. Oh, and I'm concerned about driving on the wrong side of the car.
    BT is a Vodafone MVNO. So the same network. For 4G coverage, you should go with Vodafone or O2. Both launching on the same day and same sites... for which there is a reason..

EE does have a head start, and will probably be cheaper. However, I notice you've got an STL100/3 and if memory serves me right from when I was on the dev team for that device, it doesn't work on the EU LTE bands. I'll need to double check.
    08-27-13 01:05 PM
    BT is a Vodafone MVNO. So the same network. For 4G coverage, you should go with Vodafone or O2. Both launching on the same day and same sites... for which there is a reason..

EE does have a head start, and will probably be cheaper. However, I notice you've got an STL100/3 and if memory serves me right from when I was on the dev team for that device, it doesn't work on the EU LTE bands. I'll need to double check.
    I wasn't sure I'd get anything beyond GSM when outside Wi-Fi range. If I get 4G I'll be stoked. If not, c'est la vie.
    08-27-13 01:10 PM
    I wasn't sure I'd get anything beyond GSM when outside Wi-Fi range. If I get 4G I'll be stoked. If not, c'est la vie.
    You'd get that, and HSPA

4G LTE was supposed to be a open Interoperable GSM standard.. hasn't gone to plan as US, EU and APAC have in the most part have different frequency support
    08-27-13 01:15 PM
    You'd get that, and HSPA

4G LTE was supposed to be a open Interoperable GSM standard.. hasn't gone to plan as US, EU and APAC have in the most part have different frequency support
    Currently using the vodafone HSPA on my z10 as a hotspot for my ipad. 3mbps. Never ever had Internet this fast as I'm in a rural notspot. By comparison the line broadband has been 512kbps for 7 years. So excited to see what 4g can do, just a shame I haven't got the data package to use it well enough!
    08-27-13 05:53 PM
    The good news is that I've had fantastic success with BBM video chat over 3G.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    08-27-13 08:10 PM
    I'll report on how the STL100-3 works on my sojourn around southern England and eastern Wales.
    08-28-13 05:48 AM
    Just upgraded and it is a nice improvement. Coverage is decent where I live and travel and am getting around 20 MBit.

We will see how it will behave since I just have it for 30 minutes

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:29 PM
    Best to get is unlimited data from three. It is fast enough and just 15 a month..... used to get between 3 and 7 MBit up and down.....

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    09-05-13 12:31 PM