03-11-14 10:55 PM
96 1234
tools
    this is where YOU have to say screw all this and just update it yourself its easy just takes some time once you do it its a breeze and well worth it then you can really stick it to the carrier and what not once you can get other apps on your phone know what i mean
    03-11-14 01:54 PM
    what blackberry should do is post on their own website ways to update without waiting for your carrier to put it out
    03-11-14 01:55 PM
    Petitions don't work, Justin Bieber is still here..

Posted via telegraph
    Canada won the gold medal in hockey that was part of the deal. Lol... but then US also lost the bronze so you keep Ted Cruze too.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    dalight13 and Azensun like this.
    03-11-14 02:05 PM
    what blackberry should do is post on their own website ways to update without waiting for your carrier to put it out
    Likely that violates their carrier contracts. Can't do it.
    03-11-14 02:19 PM
    Likely that violates their carrier contracts. Can't do it.
    Yeah, blackberry signs contracts to be supported by carriers. Apple make carriers sign contracts with them to provide apple products to them..

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    damien kupuku likes this.
    03-11-14 02:24 PM
    Bakron1, these people here just do not get it. 95% of BBRY users do not use SACHESI or whatever shi method they are preaching about.

Why would an average users go through ALL THE HOOPS just to get SW update? 1. install sachesi, 2. locate OS, 3. connect USB to phone. 4. click here and there. WHY? these ppl here just do not get it, that is why BBRY is losing markets.

let me ask you, is it easier to do OTA with 2 clicks? Or going Sachesi method?

It seems like only bakron1 and me understand the situation. the point of this post is NOT SACHESI. Want a new OS? Just go Sachesi. WTF! Please explain that to average business men and see what they say. Then ask them which phone to buy, a Samsung, an Apple, or a BBRY? even with a much superior OS (BB10), people want convenience

To further explain it to the Sachesi folks, here is an analogy

Lets say you want to withdraw money from the bank, there are two banks in town that you can pick from
    1st bank is telling you to go to ATM to get the money out just by using your ATM.
    2nd bank says that there is no ATM for you. If you want to get your money out, fill out a form, wait in line, go to the teller, show some ID, then you can withdraw $20.

Which bank would you pick to do business with? It's the same official bank note of $20, right?

No wonder the business men out there are making money, and only you guys spending time doing sachesi...

As I expected, many people here are blindly defending BBRY without seeing the whole situation. Even the CB team understand it. Only the Sachesi people do not get it...

http://crackberry.com/open-letter-bl...ur-own-destiny

The average consumer which is 99% of the market doesn't have a clue what Sachesi or Side Loading is and just want an official OTA update like the competition already has.

I keep preaching this, but no one seems to grasp the concept that Blackberry has to be better at product support and customer service then the competition if they expect folks to switch platforms???

Why is this so hard to figure out? The other smartphone makers already have and that's why they possess 97% percent of the market here????

Sent from using CB Forum App
    Last edited by gameson; 03-11-14 at 02:40 PM.
    03-11-14 02:25 PM
    i wonder what every one say if they World outside of the U.S did not receive the 10.2 update, without the leak, and they had to wait on their carrier to release the update, not talking about the phone has is unlock, but the ones who went through a carrier and they carrier didn't release the update and there was not developer to leak a off brand OS 10.2.. I wonder the World would feel like we the US does... Yes we blame carrier because that whose has to release it, i believe the form says BLACKBERRY release to the WORLD excluded US. IJS.. What would the world do without the leaks
    03-11-14 02:32 PM
    No I ******* get it.... but in the mean time... Sachesi is the only option.... if you want to wait months and months for something to happen go ahead.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 02:32 PM
    The average consumer which is 99% of the market doesn't have a clue what Sachesi or Side Loading is and just want an official OTA update like the competition already has.

I keep preaching this, but no one seems to grasp the concept that Blackberry has to be better at product support and customer service then the competition if they expect folks to switch platforms???

Why is this so hard to figure out? The other smartphone makers already have and that's why they possess 97% percent of the market here????

I'd say the average consumer wouldn't know that an update is out there. Look at how long old versions of android were still on existing phones for so long. That number changed only because people upgraded over time. Most never bothered to update even when one was available.

Now, at the same time, the average consumer wants things to be as easy and simple as possible. Give them easy access to the apps they want and they are happy. Make them work for it, and it's a lost sale. The whole side-loading business for BB10 was supposed to be temporary. - it's why you have to dig into settings to put the thing in development mode - as BlackBerry expected more apps to fill into BB World soon after initial release of BB10.

That didn't happen, so we got direct APK loading in the meantime. That helps a bit. But BlackBerry will need to go further and be more upfront with android compatibility. They need to provide something like Snap out of the box. Or, work with Amazon if they can't make a deal with Google.

I think that what some forum members can't understand is that if you're on this forum, then you're likely not an average consumer. So looking up ways around the carriers to get newer OSs shouldn't be that hard to do or understand given enough time to read up on it.

I respect that some simply don't want to load an "unofficial" OS. They can, but chose not to. I don't understand it, but I respect it. Some can't run the autoloader because they are on Macs, but the latest OS can be had via Sachesi which has a Mac version.

As to the idea that not getting timely updates hurts BlackBerry in the U.S.? BlackBerry has bigger issues in the U.S. beyond the update thing that no one outside these specialty forums even knows about.

When my co-works chide me about my Z10 (I'm in an office full of iPhone and Android users), they say "dude, no one uses a BlackBerry anymore". Not "dude, that BlackBerry doesn't get OS updates".

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:42 PM
    Believe it ir not it's not BlackBerry's fault. It's the carriers. The carriers (mainly US) are willfully holding back to the update to frustrate the BlackBerry users. It's sinister the way that they are going about this. Any thing they can do to bring down BlackBerry they'll try. It's their way of making BlackBerry look bad inciting uproars all over the Internet. It I could get wifi calling with another carrier other than tmobile I'd leave them. Maybe BlackBerry should buyout some small wireless provider in the US and start own service exclusive to BB only then BB phone users would have to be treated like **** anymore.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-11-14 02:48 PM
    The average consumers DO know about SW update. They get a blurb notification. What happen in Android world is that the OEMs choose NOT to update and force consumers to get newest HW (devices) if they want the latest OS. It's business strategy, and it's OK

As for BBRY, even if you have money to buy the latest and greatest HW, you will still not getting the latest OS.

Saying that BBRY has a bigger issue beyond update is wrong. OS update is part of this issue of why BBRY does not get market share as I explained it using the bank analogy in my previous post. It is not a separate issue, it's PART of the issue of not gaining customers

I'd say the average consumer wouldn't know that an update is out there. Look at how long old versions of android were still on existing phones for so long. That number changed only because people upgraded over time. Most never bothered to update even when one was available.

Now, at the same time, the average consumer wants things to be as easy and simple as possible. Give them easy access to the apps they want and they are happy. Make them work for it, and it's a lost sale. The whole side-loading business for BB10 was supposed to be temporary. - it's why you have to dig into settings to put the thing in development mode - as BlackBerry expected more apps to fill into BB World soon after initial release of BB10.

That didn't happen, so we got direct APK loading in the meantime. That helps a bit. But BlackBerry will need to go further and be more upfront with android compatibility. They need to provide something like Snap out of the box. Or, work with Amazon if they can't make a deal with Google.

I think that what some forum members can't understand is that if you're on this forum, then you're likely not an average consumer. So looking up ways around the carriers to get newer OSs shouldn't be that hard to do or understand given enough time to read up on it.

I respect that some simply don't want to load an "unofficial" OS. They can, but chose not to. I don't understand it, but I respect it. Some can't run the autoloader because they are on Macs, but the latest OS can be had via Sachesi which has a Mac version.

As to the idea that not getting timely updates hurts BlackBerry in the U.S.? BlackBerry has bigger issues in the U.S. beyond the update thing that no one outside these specialty forums even knows about.

When my co-works chide me about my Z10 (I'm in an office full of iPhone and Android users), they say "dude, no one uses a BlackBerry anymore". Not "dude, that BlackBerry doesn't get OS updates".

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:55 PM
    Canada won the gold medal in hockey that was part of the deal. Lol... but then US also lost the bronze so you keep Ted Cruze too.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Lol. Horrible deal. I'm going to drown my sorrows in big macs, super-sized coco-cola, and buy a hover round now.

Posted via telegraph
    BlackBerry will forever need to market their products as something different than the rest. For this reason they ought to actually start offering something that's different. Right now if you pick up the newest BB10 device available, everything about it is an experience people have had and grew tired of years ago. BlackBerry should truly be doing updates themselves, BBM should be an all around messaging client and not a singular service, why not compete directly with hangouts by adding jabber support directly in BBM? Along with text messaging. I have friends that simply won't use BBM because hangouts is combining multiple services for them and they prefer that. The hub is a different service, but it's completely under utilized. This entire experience needs to be streamlined. Carrier purchases and updates are old and boring, start offering cheap devices directly to anyone in the world, that you update yourself, maybe even offer an EAS email service with web options and management (non BES cloud services) combine multiple messaging functions into your prize messaging app and then you have something that's unique. Long way to go here. Apple users have to deal with constant headaches from people on other platforms not having imessage, why not offer the same type of service that will be available to all platforms? they could easily do this on their own platform and on android (i'm not sure apple allows sms to go anywhere except default sms client).
    As much as I try to be faithful to the Blackberry brand, I am slowly getting to the point where if someone and I personally don't care who it is i.e. Carriers and/or Blackberry.

Someone better step up to the plate and tell us folks here in the USA that they are in charge and will continue to support us.

Or I am afraid myself along with the remaining loyal user base they have left will just fade away to another platform who will!!!

03-11-14 03:15 PM
    I got the latest oficial 10.2.1 on my z10 when batman was still robin

Posted using BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    03-11-14 03:15 PM
    I am already on that phase where I m slowly moving to iPhone because of lack of BBRY support. Unless there is a dramatic change in how it works, Z10 surely is my last BBRY phone even though it's more superior OS, but I feel like getting ignored.

As much as I try to be faithful to the Blackberry brand, I am slowly getting to the point where if someone and I personally don't care who it is i.e. Carriers and/or Blackberry.

Someone better step up to the plate and tell us folks here in the USA that they are in charge and will continue to support us.

Or I am afraid myself along with the remaining loyal user base they have left will just fade away to another platform who will!!!

03-11-14 03:21 PM
    I am already on that phase where I m slowly moving to iPhone because of lack of BBRY support. Unless there is a dramatic change in how it works, Z10 surely is my last BBRY phone even though it's more superior OS, but I feel like getting ignored.
    Yes, getting 0 updates or status from carriers about your not-so-old device makes it feel dated and end of life'd. blame the carriers if you want, BlackBerry needs to address this themselves or it's just going to be over for them.
    03-11-14 03:37 PM
    Yeah, blackberry signs contracts to be supported by carriers. Apple make carriers sign contracts with them to provide apple products to them..

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    Yes Apple negotiated tough and put itself in the drivers seat. That's the benefit of being top dog once earned.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 03:40 PM
    Bakron1, these people here just do not get it. 95% of BBRY users do not use SACHESI or whatever shi method they are preaching about.
    Actually I think we all know it would be better for everyone if BlackBerry directly released the updates. But some posters throw a fit about it while ignoring the ease of installing leaks, etc. So if they really want the OS then it takes less effort to learn Sachesi or the autoloader method than to rant on here over and over.

Now if someone's just wanting to rant, well then... keep ranting.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 03:44 PM
    Carriers do what is most profitable when it comes to support priorities and resources. Low sales of a specific model/brand in proportion to others leads to slower support efforts - mostly affecting OS updates but also energy at sales level to "push" model x or y. That solidifies negative perceptions and reinforces a downward sale/support cycle. Being a niche phone enthusiast is worth the hassle for some, for others not. I just figure it comes with the turf. Chen can't change OS update cycles from carriers for BB's, those days are long gone. But he can do a lot of other things right, which he has done a pretty good job of thus far. I still think the "plan" is setting it up for sale.
    03-11-14 04:01 PM
    ^sell the company ? They've already attempted to do that.... they aren't going that route...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 04:05 PM
    It's funny how ppl are quick to jump, "it's not bbry's fault" blame blah blah blah.... it is bbry's fault they won't go the route apple went and bypass this carrier approval rubbish. I've been using BlackBerry's since the days of OS4.3 and always loaded the latest os whatever the source and I've never once had a network connectivity issue. So there's no point to the "carrier approval" delays imo. But that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    03-11-14 04:19 PM
    Yes, getting 0 updates or status from carriers about your not-so-old device makes it feel dated and end of life'd. blame the carriers if you want, BlackBerry needs to address this themselves or it's just going to be over for them.
    That's all I am asking is for the issue to be addressed. I seems like the carriers here in the USA want nothing to do with the brand anymore.

As I said, I have no problem with them not wanting to and as a business person myself, I understand it's about making a profit if your going to carry someone's product.

I would just wish someone would tell us (I don't care who it is) what they have planned for the future? Instead of leaving us here to die on the vine.

03-11-14 04:22 PM
    It's funny how ppl are quick to jump, "it's not bbry's fault" blame blah blah blah.... it is bbry's fault they won't go the route apple went and bypass this carrier approval rubbish. I've been using BlackBerry's since the days of OS4.3 and always loaded the latest os whatever the source and I've never once had a network connectivity issue. So there's no point to the "carrier approval" delays imo. But that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Why wait for the carriers to not actually test anything but rather to get around to half heartedly testing it.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-11-14 04:25 PM
    hahahahaha, what a joke! I am a BB loyalist since Bold 9700,I was sick of BB.
    I love Z10,OMG!! for sure, Z10 is my last BB phone ever.

Newest and latest OS is my thing, I only do official OS.
    When your balls drop you will understand that all the leaks are official. They all come from Blackberry, officially. Nothing to be afraid of. However, it sounds like you have found that iOS meets your expectations. Good luck to you.
    03-11-14 04:33 PM
96 1234