I feel crazy asking this but can't seem to search on the right criteria on CB or on Google... so in lock screen when notification is received its obvious on the left hand gutter hub where the notification icon and badge overlay is present...

What I can't seem to figure out is how to directly access the hub without swiping up to unlock the device.... sort of like the camera tap and hold feature (still wish it was quicker but separate conversation)

Is there really not a way to directly access the hub from lock screen? So instead of unlock with swipe then swipe up and right... why not one L inverted gesture to directly access hub from lock screen??? possible or am I crazy?!!?
    05-06-13 05:28 PM
    Unfortunately not. As of right now, the notifications on the lock screen are simply icons that tell you that you have something to attend to. The only thing you can do is lock your device while in the Hub (I know, this is a really stupid workaround).

Hopefully these are expanded upon in the next major update to BB10 (like BB11). Some great and creative posters have devised some really great ideas on how to improve upon lock screen notifications, though!
    05-06-13 05:36 PM
    This is one of my biggest issues with my Z10 . Hopefully it gets added because Peek and Flow should be available from every screen...including the lock screen
    05-06-13 05:51 PM
    Peek is great feature and needs to be embedded into the lock screen no questions asked... thought this would be obvious as majority of notifications comes when the device is off... come on include this into BlackBerry 10.2!!!
    05-07-13 01:16 PM
    Yeah I find it annoying to first have to unlock and then enter the hub. It goes against the flow this system has.
    05-07-13 01:25 PM
    So basically you wanna go around the security BlackBerry has placed on purpose? What if you lost your phone? Would you like the person who finds it to be able to read all your messages, emails, and social site notifications? Not to mention they would then have the ability to send messages using your accounts. I think the way it is now is perfect. I don't ever wanna lose my phone but I feel safe if I ever do that no one will be able to snoop through my things.
    05-07-13 02:21 PM
    So basically you wanna go around the security BlackBerry has placed on purpose? What if you lost your phone? Would you like the person who finds it to be able to read all your messages, emails, and social site notifications? Not to mention they would then have the ability to send messages using your accounts. I think the way it is now is perfect. I don't ever wanna lose my phone but I feel safe if I ever do that no one will be able to snoop through my things.
    What security? Do you call a simple swipe up security and no one can figure out how to unlock our phones? Yes it's called lockscreen but it's hardly locked if you don't password protect your device.
    05-07-13 02:26 PM
    The only purpose a lock screen serves is to prevent unwanted presses, taps, and swipes while the phone is in your pocket or holster. For actual security, you should use a password.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 03:54 PM
    Just swipe up to unlock and let go then right to get into the hub. No need to swipe up and right once you're unlocked.
    05-07-13 05:03 PM
    Just swipe up to unlock and let go then right to get into the hub. No need to swipe up and right once you're unlocked.
    Unless your screen turned off in a app

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:30 PM
    What security? Do you call a simple swipe up security and no one can figure out how to unlock our phones? Yes it's called lockscreen but it's hardly locked if you don't password protect your device.
    That's exactly what I meant. No need to PMS all over.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 07:37 PM
    I'd actually like to just do the upside down L gesture from the lock screen to go directly to the Hub. Err, if that's not what you guys are talking about. It saves a few seconds, especially if you did have the phone lock out in an app.

On top of that, I'd like the gesture to unlock the phone have a shorter drag distance to unlock. And gave the animation be quicker, or just take it off.

I think that's one if the awesome features of the z10, not having to use a hard button to wake the device. Might as well rake advantage of it as much as possible!
    05-08-13 04:37 PM