So my dad forgot his password to get into his BlackBerry. And he needs to get his passwords from the password keeper to put on his new iPhone... I have an old BlackBerry curve and I was trying to figure out if I could hard reset that phone and somehow load his information on to that phone? His SIM card won't fit into that phone. Is the password keeper linked to the SIM card or SD card?

I'm not sure what to don any ideas?

Thanks!
    06-25-19 09:20 PM
    that data is not tied to the sim at all. You will have to remember his password because you cant recover it either
    06-25-19 09:38 PM
    Yeah, I kind of thought that too :/ . I just didn't know if there was anyway I could try and log into his password keeper from another device or the computer
    06-25-19 09:49 PM
    Did you tried downloading the app on an Android and try to recover all the passwords from there? You can wipe the phone entirely, just make sure your contacts are backed up and is no sd card in the phone.

This is the link for the Android version app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...passwordkeeper
    06-26-19 12:07 AM
    So my dad forgot his password to get into his BlackBerry. And he needs to get his passwords from the password keeper to put on his new iPhone... I have an old BlackBerry curve and I was trying to figure out if I could hard reset that phone and somehow load his information on to that phone? His SIM card won't fit into that phone. Is the password keeper linked to the SIM card or SD card?

I'm not sure what to don any ideas?

Thanks!
    This is a little rough YouKnowWho. What kind of Blackberry does your dad have?

I assume there are no backups of the data anywhere? Password Keeper is caught up in normal backups so if your dad has made any they could possibly be used.

I would hold off on Myi's suggestion for the moment as, unless PK has been storing the passwords in the cloud, they would not be accessible in any case and crossing the streams between Android and BB10 when one intends to continue to use BB10 is a dangerous proposition.
    06-27-19 03:39 AM
    This is a little rough YouKnowWho. What kind of Blackberry does your dad have?

I assume there are no backups of the data anywhere? Password Keeper is caught up in normal backups so if your dad has made any they could possibly be used.

I would hold off on Myi's suggestion for the moment as, unless PK has been storing the passwords in the cloud, they would not be accessible in any case and crossing the streams between Android and BB10 when one intends to continue to use BB10 is a dangerous proposition.
    My dad's phone is a Z10. He doesn't intent to keep using that phone he was just hoping to get the passwords from it.
    06-27-19 08:58 AM
    Did you tried downloading the app on an Android and try to recover all the passwords from there? You can wipe the phone entirely, just make sure your contacts are backed up and is no sd card in the phone.

This is the link for the Android version app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...passwordkeeper
    This was one of my thoughts. But I would wipe my curve and then try to get his passwords from the "new" curve. I guess what I'm confused of too, and I know this sounds stupid, how will the "new" curve know that it's his account if it doesn't have a SIM in it. Or how will password keeper know. Does that make sense?
    06-27-19 09:00 AM
    He still has to log in, that is the issue. He HAS to know his password to either load onto another device, recover from a backup, etc. His SIM doesnt mean anything. Password keeper "knows" because you put your password, which apparently he doesnt know, lets it know
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-27-19 at 02:45 PM.
    06-27-19 09:06 AM
    Not even BlackBerry Protect can help, as you need the original device password to change the device password... and you only have a few attempts.

The Password Keeper password... your out of luck if you can't remember that, there is no recovery option and BB10's backup options for it were limited. You really needed to have exported that data. SD would only have a backup if you saved it there... now PK did allow for saving info in the "open" if you choose that option when manually exporting of the data (if he ever did that).

SIMs don't store general data other than maybe some contact info.
    06-27-19 09:56 AM
    This was one of my thoughts. But I would wipe my curve and then try to get his passwords from the "new" curve. I guess what I'm confused of too, and I know this sounds stupid, how will the "new" curve know that it's his account if it doesn't have a SIM in it. Or how will password keeper know. Does that make sense?
    I'm a little confused here YouKnowWho. How does a Curve factor into this?
    06-27-19 02:11 PM
    He still has to log in, that is the issue. He HAS to know his password to either load onto another device, recover from a backup, etc. His SIM doesnt mean anything. Password keeper "knows" because you put your password, which apparently he doesnt know, lets it know
    Yeah, I think he SOL... Oh well!
    06-27-19 04:23 PM
    Not even BlackBerry Protect can help, as you need the original device password to change the device password... and you only have a few attempts.

The Password Keeper password... your out of luck if you can't remember that, there is no recovery option and BB10's backup options for it were limited. You really needed to have exported that data. SD would only have a backup if you saved it there... now PK did allow for saving info in the "open" if you choose that option when manually exporting of the data (if he ever did that).

SIMs don't store general data other than maybe some contact info.
    He knows his password keepers password, it's just his phone password keeper he can't remember. I think he's just going to be SOL. Haha
    06-27-19 04:25 PM
    I'm a little confused here YouKnowWho. How does a Curve factor into this?
    Sorry, I just thought if I had the same operating system on my old curve could I have used anything on my old phone to load all his unreachable data from his old phone. I was just throwing stuff of there.
    06-27-19 04:26 PM
    Sorry, I just thought if I had the same operating system on my old curve could I have used anything on my old phone to load all his unreachable data from his old phone. I was just throwing stuff of there.
    Ah, got it.

Do you or your dad know whether he had Password Keeper set to back up to the cloud? I assume there are no local backups of any kind whatsoever, yes? (I mean full backups here--in other words, backups made via Link/Sachesi/whatever that have all the phone's data, including Password Keeper.)
    06-27-19 04:32 PM
    Ah, got it.

Do you or your dad know whether he had Password Keeper set to back up to the cloud? I assume there are no local backups of any kind whatsoever, yes? (I mean full backups here--in other words, backups made via Link/Sachesi/whatever that have all the phone's data, including Password Keeper.)
    I don't think he did unfortunately. Unless it did it automatically
    06-27-19 04:35 PM
    I don't think he did unfortunately. Unless it did it automatically
    Did he ever use the desktop software (Blackberry Link) with the phone? Or connect it via USB? I ask because if there is a backup that's going to be our easiest route to get these guys....
    06-27-19 04:37 PM
    I didn't think BB10's Password Keeper had any auto backup options... taught that came only with the newer Android version. I remember having to manually do a backup to a location that I had set to sync with OneDrive... key being manual export of the data.

If he did any kind of manual export and that was saved to an SD or a Document location that got synced to a PC... that's an option.

But I don't see how a LINK Backup would do anything... it's inaccessible without the device password.
    06-28-19 07:33 AM
    Did he ever use the desktop software (Blackberry Link) with the phone? Or connect it via USB? I ask because if there is a backup that's going to be our easiest route to get these guys....
    He didn't know, but in order to use BlackBerry link you need to type your password in. I've told him that it's not possible and he'll probably have to do the good old forgot password on his accounts haha
    07-01-19 04:41 PM
    He didn't know, but in order to use BlackBerry link you need to type your password in. I've told him that it's not possible and he'll probably have to do the good old forgot password on his accounts haha
    Hmmm.....any other BB10 devices around to use as a test to try and restore from the cloud? He could also try an Android device for that purpose, but it would have to have the Password Keeper app installed as suggested earlier in this thread.
    07-01-19 05:53 PM
    I can help you if you canot remember your password at your phone? input latest autoloader to your phone using usb cable and computer. you know how to download it autoload - STL 100-1-10.1.0.1845.exe for black berry z10
    Using an autoloader, or wiping a device, will not circumvent BlackBerry anti-theft. It will still ask for your prior BBID when you are setting it up again.
    07-06-19 08:56 AM