I don't know if it's just me but using the button to lock the phone just feels a little awkward.

I'm aware that you can lock the phone when you slide to unlock and then slide down without taking your finger of the screen.

They should implement it so that that you can lock the phone when you slide up to peek in an app or on the main screen and then slide down without taking your finger off the screen

I think that this would make the experience that much more fluid. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and CDM76 like this.
    07-25-13 03:46 PM
    I'm not sure this would work. When you slide up to peek from within an app, if you release your finger at or past the 'peak' of the peek (so finger is around the middle of the screen or higher) the app gets minimized into its active frame. The only way to return to the app after the peak is to slide the finger back down without lifting it... which is exactly what you're suggesting. This would result in my phone being locked every time I peek but don't want to go through with the peek and just want to return to my app... not very great.

Anyway.. I use a holster, which locks it whenever I'm done with it.
    07-25-13 04:26 PM
    I agree there should be an easier way to lock the phone. I don't think your suggestion will work though - slide up to peek and then slide down without removing your finger. That's already used to simply reverse the peek.

A modified version of your idea could be to continue sliding up to the top bezel, where it would then show the lock screen (and be locked).

My idea is that maybe it could show the lock screen contents by sliding down from the middle when in the active frames screen. Sort of like how you can keep scrolling past the top in the hub to see your next calendar items, or like in the applications grid where you can slide down if using Balance to switch between personal and work profiles. Then you could simply do the slide up from the bottom to unlock it again and it could just take you to the active frames. This idea would be cool if the lock screen had more info/functionality (maybe closer to the notification pane of BBOS7).

Another idea would be more mundane: simply adding a lock icon on the bottom row where you see the call, search, and camera icons.
    CDM76 and Rowan M like this.
    07-25-13 04:26 PM
    Up and slight to left, slide all the way down from the top. It can and should be done.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 04:32 PM
    Actually it be cool to have a "U-turn" gesture... or more precisely an "n" shaped gesture starting from the bottom bezel then turning, making the 'n' shape, and returning to the bottom bezel.

This would kinda be like a 'reverse back' with regards to the un-lock swipe up gesture, and it can be done with the same single thumb... without having to reach all the way to the top of the screen (difficult for smaller hands).

It also kinda represents the shape of a lock... so it has that going for it... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 04:45 PM
    I forgot that gesture was already used probably because I don't use it very much. I usually just peek and then slide back to the left to get back to the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 04:48 PM
    Reverse Peek gesture maybe. Swipe up then left to lock. My Z10 cover makes it hard to lock the device, it seems like its not aligned well with the lock button lol.
    07-25-13 04:56 PM