In last week or so I noticed that very often on my screen there is icon for Location services, even thou I don't use any app that needs it. And my battery life is down by 1/3 since. Few moments ago I connected my phone on charger and Location services icon turned on, not sure why, I didn't use any app.
    I have Z10STL100-2 with 10.2.0.429. I didn't had problem with sensors, but I did restart my phone when it was solved, just in case.
    Is this behavior normal? If not, what is causing it and how to stop it, because it's draining my battery?
    One of solution is to turn off Locations services completly, but then I would have to manualy turn it on everytime I want to use it.
    12-06-13 08:18 AM
    Look in the permissions for each individual app that uses Location Services - there maybe some that don't really need it if you are always in the same area.... like weather.

Problem is that many Android apps don't allow you to turn off their permission to access location services... and the Android Player does get "stuck" sometimes and an app maybe still active even if it doesn't show up.
    12-06-13 08:37 AM
    Look if you enabled location on bbm... it's in the bbm settings.

Posted via CB10
    Marko M1 likes this.
    12-06-13 08:40 AM
    It's a big drainer, always has been with BlackBerry touch devices. That battery can only handle so much. Whether you see it or not when it's on its always trying to find a connection hence the constant drain. I always have to toggle it.. which is time consuming.. it'd be nice if there was an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:50 AM
    Location in BBM was On, i turned it off, so I will see what will happen. I don't use almost none of android sideloaded apps. And I think that weather uses location service only when I start app itself.
    12-06-13 08:55 AM
    Location in BBM was On, i turned it off, so I will see what will happen. I don't use almost none of android sideloaded apps. And I think that weather uses location service only when I start app itself.
    Turning off BBM location should help. I had the same problem. I always wondered what it was used for though

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:28 AM
    Turning off BBM location should help. I had the same problem. I always wondered what it was used for though

Posted via CB10
    I think it's used for personalizing the BBM Channels you see relative to your location.
    12-06-13 09:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Tnx Bobshine, so far so good. Since bbm is only app that is always on that uses Location services.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:11 PM
    Foursquare was causing me to have the same issue with location services being on, deleted and now all ok.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:19 PM
    It's a big drainer, always has been with BlackBerry touch devices. That battery can only handle so much. Whether you see it or not when it's on its always trying to find a connection hence the constant drain. I always have to toggle it.. which is time consuming.. it'd be nice if there was an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    That's why they added this beauty in 10.2.1

Location services get used often-img_00000686.png
    extisis likes this.
    12-07-13 03:24 PM