Hey everyone!

Last night I noticed the location indicator turned on. I figured it was due to Twitter being open. Well, after closing Twitter and having it closed for about 10 minutes the indicator was still on.

I rebooted the device and after a few minutes it came back on. I thought that it'd be temporary so I left it like that and figured it'd go away by the morning. That was at 11 PM last night.

Now at 8:30 AM and another reboot, location is still turned on with no apps open. I haven't even opened Twitter or any other app that has permission to access location since the reboot.

How do I resolve this issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:36 AM
    I've noticed the location does hang open after closing apps like twitter and map apps. Have you tried turning all location services off in your settings? Maybe turn off reboot and see what happens then. If not maybe you need to reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-03-13 07:39 AM
    Update: The issue has been resolved. It was Poynt. Almost instantly after un installing the did the indicator finally turn off.

Posted via CB10
    outlib likes this.
    05-03-13 07:40 AM
    Thanks for this, I noticed the same and wondered why it was showing all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:00 AM
    This is one of the many reasons I do not install android apps. They don't play by the native rules and continue to drain resources in the background since they don't actually close when you close the active frame.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:16 AM
    Strangely enough, after I opened Poynt and set up Settings (miles vs km; Fahrenheit vs Celsius; etc) and then exited the app, the location indicator turned off and doesn't display constantly anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:19 AM
    Yikes! I like Poynt but find this unacceptable. Any way to keep the app but turn off tracking when not in use?
    05-04-13 08:22 AM
    Strangely enough, after I opened Poynt and set up Settings (miles vs km; Fahrenheit vs Celsius; etc) and then exited the app, the location indicator turned off and doesn't display constantly anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I tried that and it didn't work. Even after a reboot and not opening Poynt it was using location services. That's what was really bizarre!

I'm extremely weary of Android apps. They don't behave the same as native apps. I recently discovered that even after uninstalling them files can remain in the file system (I deleted Waze and found files for it even after deletion).

The only three I use are Songza, YouVersion's Bible, and Amazon Kindle. I used to have more but deleted them due to battery concerns.

I would advise everyone to be a bit careful when installing Android apps. Not all are rogue, by any means, but for the lack of having a way to monitor resource and power usage we should exhibit our own discretion.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:29 AM
    Agreed, totally. Had to delete Poynt because after a random reboot (sigh) the location indicator was back on. Too bad, I really like Poynt and used it a lot on my 9930.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-04-13 10:22 AM
    Agreed, totally. Had to delete Poynt because after a random reboot (sigh) the location indicator was back on. Too bad, I really like Poynt and used it a lot on my 9930.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's a shame. Spotcast is good but not quite the same.

Hopefully we get a native Poynt app soon!
    05-04-13 10:53 AM