What is the purpose of the local calendar on the z10 when it does not have an option to sync to any of the other calendars that are loaded onto the z10? Great, now there is an appointment which does not show up anywhere else if you mistakenly select local when entering the event.
    The local calendar is even causing Blackberry Travel problems. When I insert a new appointment on the z10 it automatically selects the calendar that I selected as default in the settings / accounts / set defaults yet BlackBerry Travel only puts the appointments into the local calendar which does not do anything nor appear anywhere else! No option in Blackberry Travel to select a different calendar or to use the default.
    04-12-13 11:25 AM
    The local calendar is very useful for those who don't want to sync their calendar, or who don't have any accounts that support calendars.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:31 PM
    Even though you can set the event to "Private", the event still is sent to a server. Some people who have notes on their event might not want those notes sent to a server even if they have set it to private.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:25 PM
    On a similar line of thought ................

I don't think there is a way to "SYNC" any "Local" contacts .................... and there is no way to "Link" them to other "Accounts" (at least no way I have found).
    04-12-13 03:23 PM
    I use local calendar as a replacement for multiple alarms. I simply do not want all those reminders on my playbook and computer as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:59 PM
    Okay, local calendar and contacts could be handy for "Secret" items that you want only on your z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:38 PM