Question to the lucky owners of z10. How is the sound quality when listening music in z10? I have a playbook and to me the music comes out kind of "metalic". It's not a problem with the earphones, I have good ones. Is it good, regular or awesome in the z10? Also if someone can recommend me a good app for my pb with preset and manual equalizers would be great. Thanks!
    03-16-13 04:44 PM
    I find the z10 has a pretty decent sound. Would not call it awesome but as far as phones and mp3 players and the like, it does the job. Can't help you with the app part, sorry, don't really bother with eq's on tablets or phones, only on my PA system when drumming. Good luck.
    03-16-13 05:01 PM
    Music sounds really good if listened to via headphones (quality ones). Comparable to iPhone and standard laptop sound cards. Listening to music via built in speakers is not very good, mainly because the speaker can't handle high levels of loudness. So if you are a 16 year old who wants to walk down the street with gangster rap coming from their phones speakers, pick something else. Preferably a job. If you just like good music via headphones or a connection to good external speakers via jack, Z10 is apparently as good as and iPhone or such.

The music app is good, a lot like the iPhone one, I didn't find an equaliser yet but I think it' has a good sound, not too base heavy, just right. For a phone.
    jasonvan9 likes this.
    03-16-13 05:09 PM
    I have Bose QC15s, and the sound quality on the Z10 is better on my Z10 than it was on my Nexus 4, and a 5th gen iPod Touch. Not sure how it would compare to other manufacturer's phones though.

Oh, and the music app is one of the best I've used. It's visually very beautiful, but aside from aesthetics, it's the most responsive music app I've ever used on any platform. Next/Previous is literally instantaneous.
    03-16-13 05:12 PM
    I use Bose AE2 and MIE2i. Both sound great as described above, at least comparable to iPhone 4/5 and a Lenovo X1 Carbon sound card.
    03-16-13 05:20 PM
    ... So if you are a 16 year old who wants to walk down the street with gangster rap coming from their phones speakers, pick something else. Preferably a job.
    Haha! Made my day!
    03-16-13 07:11 PM
    thanks for the insights...
    03-16-13 10:02 PM
    To me it is ok, but both Android and Z10 owners can install Neutron. This is not a user friendly app but if you work with it, it will astound you. You should have some good headphones btw.
    03-16-13 10:08 PM
    For the PlayBook, as noted above, Neutron MP (the PB name) has an EQ and presets. This is the only app I've come across that allows adjustment to Bluetooth volume too. It's very "extensive" in it's abilities.
    03-17-13 08:36 AM