Is there a comprehensive list of new features on verizon's new update? Does it differ from other 10.2 updates? I like the new call screen but don't like the limited options when changing the wallpaper size. I can't pinch to zoom the original image. Now there are borders to contend with.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 10:20 AM
    Also, is it true that android apps are downloadable directly from Google play store without the need of apk files?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 10:22 AM
    If you have a Google Play account you can download apps. The apps are apk files which you then install. If you don't have a Google account with a registered android devise, there are other app stores to get you what you need. Plenty of threads for those, here is one such link http://forums.crackberry.com/android...stores-873637/
    01-25-14 11:38 AM
    Also, is it true that android apps are downloadable directly from Google play store without the need of apk files?

Posted via CB10
    No that's not true. You must install the apk but now you can do it directly from your phone instead of converting and sideloading from your computer.

I've never used the app Snap, found on this website, but from what I understand it can grab apks for you and then install. Look into it, you may need a previous Google play account or set something up, not sure.

I have installed the 1Mobile app store on my Z10, can search for and install apps directly from there. You can do the same with the Amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 11:51 AM
    I found that shutter sound isn't made when taking a picture; settings is on vibrate or silent. Also, when volume is increased or decreased when playing a media file like on YouTube it appears at the top and not in the middle of the screen like before. Before it would prevent you from seeing the image that was playing completely.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 11:58 AM
    I found that shutter sound isn't made when taking a picture; settings is on vibrate or silent. Also, when volume is increased or decreased when playing a media file like on YouTube it appears at the top and not in the middle of the screen like before. Before it would prevent you from seeing the image that was playing completely.

Posted via CB10
    Yup exactly, plus you can pinch to see all unread emails in the hub or pinch to see priority hub. You can define this in the options.

You can set your phone to delete emails on the server if you delete from your phone. Or just delete from device.

Contact groupings

Can reorganize the list in the hub, also the drop down setting menus is expanded with as many features as you want to define.

And a lot more

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:13 PM