Been trying to resolve the issue with installing Blackberry Link to no avail , when getting the error ' Some of the installation files from the previous version could not be removed. Make sure that no other application is using these files . ' Tried everything from a restart , deleting all RIM folders from the HDD including the registry , extracting the zip and running the exe , nothing has corrected this error , I have seen others with the issue and no solution to it yet besides one guy who did a complete OS install which I'm not considering. I am running this on WIN 7
    04-26-13 03:19 PM
    Been trying to resolve the issue with installing Blackberry Link to no avail , when getting the error ' Some of the installation files from the previous version could not be removed. Make sure that no other application is using these files . ' Tried everything from a restart , deleting all RIM folders from the HDD including the registry , extracting the zip and running the exe , nothing has corrected this error , I have seen others with the issue and no solution to it yet besides one guy who did a complete OS install which I'm not considering. I am running this on WIN 7
    Change the name of the installation folder. Unhide the C:\ProgramData folder. Delete the Research In Motion folder.
    04-26-13 03:41 PM
    Change the name of the installation folder. Unhide the C:\ProgramData folder. Delete the Research In Motion folder.
    thanks for trying but I'm still getting the same error , is there a specific directory I should be changing it to , I made it to C:\Blackberry Link
    04-26-13 04:04 PM
    thanks for trying but I'm still getting the same error , is there a specific directory I should be changing it to , I made it to C:\Blackberry Link
    Any directory but the default.
    04-26-13 04:18 PM
    Any directory but the default.
    Well as you can see I changed it to a " non - default directory " , No idea what the next step would be
    04-26-13 04:19 PM
    So No one else has had this issue before?
    04-26-13 06:22 PM
    Try to remove the space on the folder name. That has worked for me in the past. In other words don't do it this way:
    C:\Blackberry Link

Do it this way:
    C:\Blackberry_Link
    04-26-13 06:26 PM
    Try to remove the space on the folder name. That has worked for me in the past. In other words don't do it this way:
    C:\Blackberry Link

Do it this way:
    C:\Blackberry_Link
    Thanks for replying ... but this hasn't resolved it either , was this the only thing you have done to correct this issue , I'm assuming you had the same exact error I am receiving , if not what other steps have you taken.
    04-26-13 07:11 PM
    Anyone else care to take a jab
    04-27-13 01:05 PM
    The first time I installed link that happened, but I was having some other pc issues as well and ended up doing a system restore (or was it recovery? ) on windows and was able to install link after.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 01:10 PM
    The first time I installed link that happened, but I was having some other pc issues as well and ended up doing a system restore (or was it recovery? ) on windows and was able to install link after.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    after some endless troubleshooting I was able to install it , shouldn't need to restore just to have it go through
    04-27-13 07:07 PM
    after some endless troubleshooting I was able to install it , shouldn't need to restore just to have it go through
    I'm glad you got it sorted out in the end, Windows can be frustrating at times. I was having issues installing the newest Link update. I ended up having to uninstall the previous version in order to install the new version.
    04-27-13 07:18 PM
    Agreed. I was restoring for other pc issues and it had happened to fix my link installation problem. Glad you got yours working.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:00 PM