Until the recent update, link was working fine. Thankfully I haven't updated it on my one laptop in order to restore my z10. After updating to the latest blackberry link on the main computer, it starts fine and will wait- so no time issues when it crashes, I can leave it on all night if I wish. I have removed it including all the user settings and re installed it with a fresh download from BlackBerry's website.

Th issue occurs when I plug in the Z10, it reads the phone and sd card, maps them to the computer and then without warning crashes.

Has anyone encountered this or have a work around? I would really like to back up the phone, but I don't even get a chance to do a back up before it crashes.

Or at the very least, has anyone got the previous version of bb link that I could download?

Many thanks in advanced.
    04-30-13 06:18 PM
    uhhhh.... what OS are you running on your computer?

Are you installing Link from an admin account?

Do you have all of the latest updates (assuming you are using a winders operating system)

Might help if more info was provided.....just say'in
    04-30-13 06:36 PM
    uhhhh.... what OS are you running on your computer?
    Windows 7 64bit

Are you installing Link from an admin account?
    Yes, it was working just fine until the update.

Do you have all of the latest updates (assuming you are using a winders operating system)
    Yes sir.
    04-30-13 06:47 PM
    OK, my recommendation.

COMPLETELY uninstall BB Link. I recommend using something like this and have it wipe it ALL from your system, including all registry entries, etc.. BTW, I use this software myself, and have for a long time, with Win7x64 with NO issues what-so-ever (if you happen to be the nervous type like me ).

Reboot.

Insure ALL remaining traces of Link are GONE, as in vaporized..... LOL

Reinstall Link (in an admin account, etc., etc.). Might help making REAL sure it's an admin account.

Reboot

Try again and report back. All I got right now. Hope this helps or get's us a step closer. Although I am not sure this matters, make sure that you have the Microsoft .Net framework installed (version 3.5, or later). I have seen loads of weirdness when it isn't. If you are updated via MS updates, you probably have it already, but...... never know.
    04-30-13 06:57 PM
    OK, my recommendation.

COMPLETELY uninstall BB Link. I recommend using something like this and have it wipe it ALL from your system, including all registry entries, etc.. BTW, I use this software myself, and have for a long time, with Win7x64 with NO issues what-so-ever (if you happen to be the nervous type like me ).

Reboot.

Insure ALL remaining traces of Link are GONE, as in vaporized..... LOL

Reinstall Link (in an admin account, etc., etc.). Might help making REAL sure it's an admin account.

Reboot

Try again and report back. All I got right now. Hope this helps or get's us a step closer. Although I am not sure this matters, make sure that you have the Microsoft .Net framework installed (version 3.5, or later). I have seen loads of weirdness when it isn't. If you are updated via MS updates, you probably have it already, but...... never know.
    Many thanks for the revo recommendation. After uninstalling, it went through and cleaned out the rest. currently I am repairing net framework 4 and will report back shortly.
    05-01-13 01:51 PM
    nice. Let's see what happens.

IF we still have an issue, we'll tackle it then. As indicated before, my Win7x64 experience has been pretty flawless and all is working as designed. maybe this will do the trick.
    05-01-13 01:53 PM
    Fingers Crossed!, Just going to download and install link now from BB site.
    05-01-13 02:35 PM
    Unfortunately the same thing happend.
    05-01-13 04:56 PM
    Unfortunately the same thing happend.
    This might sound silly but, are you installing it off your device and then updating it? If so, don't. Go download it from the BB website and install it from there.
    05-01-13 04:59 PM
    No sir, I down loaded it directly from blackberrys website.
    05-01-13 05:18 PM
    My problem with BlackBerry Link was related to having BlackBerry desktop manager at the same time. So I deleted the latter and BlackBerry Link works fine now.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:33 PM
    I deleted my desktop Manager when I upgraded to the Z10. But ty for your suggestion friend.
    05-01-13 06:06 PM
    I have just restored the phone to factory settings and the same thing happens on the computer with the issue with Link
    05-01-13 07:08 PM
    wow....

I have been running link with DM without issues.....

damn....

OK, some more suggestion: one of them may sound silly....

Different USB cable? (don't laugh, I have seen weirder things happen)

Different USB PORT on the computer?

Reinstall/update USB drivers

Reinstall/update BB Device drivers....

Try a different computer

Trying to narrow this down....

running out of ideas......damn......I'll keep thinking....
    05-01-13 09:15 PM
    You may want to check out this post... here

Try flushing your DNS as well.... this post has the instructions in it
    05-03-13 08:08 AM
    Sorry I got called out of town for work. Just catching up on posts now.
    05-06-13 09:00 PM
    Interestingly, Link crashes almost immediately after the DNS flush now. Lol
    05-06-13 09:08 PM
    Sorry I got called out of town for work. Just catching up on posts now.
    Hey there. I've been having an issue with the new Link. It would start to open and then crash immediately. No amount of installs and uninstalls would work. So I tried running updates on windows and that failed. Noticed that my product ID in system properties was gone. So after talking to BlackBerry and Microsoft, I learnt important files in windows were gone and had to reinstall Windows/. Works fine now. You should check to see if Windows has any issues.
    05-06-13 09:10 PM
    And closes even faster with the latest! Wow a HUUUUUUGE improvement BBRY! Thanks a lot!
    05-09-13 10:59 PM
    Mine started crashing after today's update. Blackberry Blink....
    05-10-13 09:22 AM
    Blackberry Blink...I have stripped and reloaded BB Link, NET Framework, etc. to no avail. Has anyone found the fix/solution to this crash problem?
    09-07-13 10:57 AM