I'm pretty fed up with AT&T not pushing out the 10.2 update. Now there are vulnerabilities with 10.1... who has class action experience?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:50 AM
    Just install the OS update using sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    04-10-14 02:03 AM
    Good luck with that. See: AT&T vs. Concepcion. You gave up your rights to a class action lawsuit and now you must deal with AT&T through arbitration or via small claims court. It's in the contract that nobody ever reads.

It's something AT&T has had in place since their TDMA days, then through Cingular and back to AT&T and now any long-standing and ultimately resolved cases have set precedent.

Best you could really hope for is they let out of whatever contract you may have with no ETF. In related news, I know far to much about the inner workings of AT&T then I care to admit.
    04-10-14 02:04 AM
    Exactly, the contract has an arbitration clause. No getting around it as an individual. I've experienced arbitration as a plaintiff against a former employer and it was a real pain. No jury just some retired judge etc. that presides over your case after you having to pick one from a pool. You hope your first pick will not be knocked out in the elimination process. If you get a bad one you're screwed. It can be a very costly endeavor as you have to pay usually hundreds of dollars an hour to the arbitrator. You have to be careful to pick arbitrators that are pro consumer for your side as opposed to a pro business type. When investigating the pool of arbitrators It is difficult to discern. In my case a pro employee was what was needed obviously . I settled only after two year battle!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 04:07 AM
    Apparently someone didn't read the fine print in their contract before signing it.
    04-10-14 05:11 AM
    The only way you are going to get an entity like at&t into a class action suit is if they violate a law, and that's generally speaking. (Like anti-trust laws etc.) Suing them over not giving you something they never promised they'd give you is going to be tough. And, your damages? With T-mo is was more difficult because loading a leak would have killed WFC. But with at&t, you have a lot of options.
    04-10-14 08:32 AM
    Thanks all. I love my Z10 and I've never side loaded anything so I'm leery of doing so.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:18 AM
    I am with AT&T but I refuse to be held captive by their refusal to update an OS. I periodically tweet @ATTCustomerCare about the 10.2.1 update. I did so yesterday and for the first time they responded that they are testing it, and I will be the first to know. I told them I have been running it for months, a number of different variants, and everything works fine. Just release it. No response to my second tweet. Surprise, surprise.

It is very easy to download and use 10.2.1. Plenty of threads on how to use the autoloader or the Sachesi method in the BB10 leaks thread.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-10-14 09:28 AM
    I'm pretty fed up with AT&T not pushing out the 10.2 update. Now there are vulnerabilities with 10.1... who has class action experience?

Posted via CB10
    I think anyone who loves their carrier, is probably so fed up with the last one, that the new seems great...lol I consider myself a novice but I can sideload OS's pretty easily, the instructions are very useful on CB. That being said if you read the vulnerability article no instances have been reported and seems like a lot of things have to lineup at once for it to happen making it unlikely. Also try the BB link without the sim card to get official OS, just back up first. Read up on that one never tried for myself.
    04-10-14 09:31 AM
    No excuse for AT&T not releasing 10.2.1 but the vulnerability isn't a big deal for almost everyone. Just keep Dev mode off.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:24 AM
    I am with AT&T but I refuse to be held captive by their refusal to update an OS. I periodically tweet @ATTCustomerCare about the 10.2.1 update. I did so yesterday and for the first time they responded that they are testing it, and I will be the first to know. I told them I have been running it for months, a number of different variants, and everything works fine. Just release it. No response to my second tweet. Surprise, surprise.

It is very easy to download and use 10.2.1. Plenty of threads on how to use the autoloader or the Sachesi method in the BB10 leaks thread.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    And do you know what the status of their testing is? How many faults have been found? How many fixes are they waiting from BlackBerry? Do you really think they're gonna release it on their multi billion dollar network because you reckon it's OK? They'll release it according to their priority schedule when they are happy it is fit for purpose...
    04-10-14 10:32 AM
    like everyone else :-)
    04-10-14 10:36 AM
    At least once a week I twitter and Facebook them and so far on FB I have never gotten a single response except for a request for me to take a survey about their Facebook. I gave them 1 out of 10 for every area of the survey. On Twitter I have gotten a few response that they are testing and when i write back concerning that response then never do a follow up. I too used Sachesi some time ago after getting tired of their lies. In some ways I feel they are worst than T-Mobile because they hide behind the "we are testing" comment so the customer does not know the truth as to what is happening internally. At least T-M did release one 10.2.1 update while they were at the same time encouraging everyone to leave BB. I almost would rather be with a carrier I know for sure where they stand than be with one that maybe feels the same as T-M but are hiding their true feelings.
    04-10-14 10:38 AM
    At least once a week I twitter and Facebook them and so far on FB I have never gotten a single response except for a request for me to take a survey about their Facebook. I gave them 1 out of 10 for every area of the survey. On Twitter I have gotten a few response that they are testing and when i write back concerning that response then never do a follow up. I too used Sachesi some time ago after getting tired of their lies. In some ways I feel they are worst than T-Mobile because they hide behind the "we are testing" comment so the customer does not know the truth as to what is happening internally. At least T-M did release one 10.2.1 update while they were at the same time encouraging everyone to leave BB. I almost would rather be with a carrier I know for sure where they stand than be with one that maybe feels the same as T-M but are hiding their true feelings.
    What evidence do you have they are lying?
    04-10-14 10:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hilarious... lol
    04-10-14 10:43 AM
    Op, I can confirm through my AT&T Account manager that the reason 10.2.1 was delayed to a flaw in the OS. The Mute button didn't function. We cant blame the carriers all the time. Coding takes time when you are dealing with different radio stacks. Personally I would of been pssied if I muted my phone and I was yelling at my boss... if anything good catch by AT&T
    Last edited by MidnightSociety; 04-10-14 at 01:19 PM.
    04-10-14 10:47 AM
    common sense, you don't test from last summer to this spring and not do at least one update. Maybe a third world carrier might have problems testing that takes months and months but no U.S. carrier with the technology they have would not be able to at least release one update during all of these months. If they really were testing and were not able to do any releases then common sense would make you think they would communicate to their customers concerning the problem they were having. 10 months of silence to me speaks loudly. I have been told by their C.S.R. people that Blackberry is the one that releases updates, we don't. I have been told that they are waiting on Blackberry to release. Then I am transferred to some one else and they say it is being tested and it shows that it will be released this Saturday (that was back in early March), I will call you to make sure you got the update. I have had several contradictions from their employees. I could ask you what evidence do you have that they are not lying? I have lost all confidence in them concerning BB phones
    04-10-14 10:49 AM
    No excuse for AT&T not releasing 10.2.1...

Posted via CB10
    The problem with this statement, or initiating a class action or arbitration, is that you have no proof of this.
    04-10-14 10:50 AM
    Op, I can confirm through my AT&T Account manager that the reason 10.2.1 was delayed to a flaw in the OS. The Mute button didn't function. We cant blame the carriers all the time. Coding takes time when you are dealing with different radio stacks. Personally I would of been mpssied if I musted my phone and it *** was I was yelling at my boss... if anything good catch by AT&T
    If this was true why have not not at least released 10.2.0 so that the customers could use updated apps found in BB World?
    04-10-14 10:52 AM
    If this was true why have not not at least released 10.2.0 so that the customers could use updated apps found in BB World?
    Because they thought 10.2.1 would be ready for the 3/10 launch. I have over 70,000 connected BBOS and BES 10 devices under me. I meet with cell carriers and BBRY weekly.
    04-10-14 10:56 AM
    common sense, you don't test from last summer to this spring and not do at least one update. Maybe a third world carrier might have problems testing that takes months and months but no U.S. carrier with the technology they have would not be able to at least release one update during all of these months. If they really were testing and were not able to do any releases then common sense would make you think they would communicate to their customers concerning the problem they were having. 10 months of silence to me speaks loudly. I have been told by their C.S.R. people that Blackberry is the one that releases updates, we don't. I have been told that they are waiting on Blackberry to release. Then I am transferred to some one else and they say it is being tested and it shows that it will be released this Saturday (that was back in early March), I will call you to make sure you got the update. I have had several contradictions from their employees. I could ask you what evidence do you have that they are not lying? I have lost all confidence in them concerning BB phones
    You accuse someone of lying so the onus is on you to prove it.
    You have no idea how many bugs were found, how long bbry took to fix them, when retests were scheduled etc. I know for a fact at&t have the most extensive testing of all the carriers.
    04-10-14 10:57 AM
    So extensive they skipped over 10.2...smh

? Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 on ATT ?
    04-10-14 12:53 PM
    You really cannot claim any damage and therefore have no claim against AT&T and this is irrespective of the need to arbitrate disputes mentioned by others. If you really feel that passionate about getting 10.2, pick one of the available autoloader files from the Crackberry forum, download it to your computer and then install it onto your phone. That is what I have done and I too am on the AT&T network. I suggest builds at or above 10.2.1.2234. They seem to work the best. Enjoy!
    04-10-14 01:14 PM
    So extensive they skipped over 10.2...smh

? Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 on ATT ?
    Correct only because they thought that 10.2.1 was going to be there on time.
    04-10-14 01:18 PM
    And do you know what the status of their testing is? How many faults have been found? How many fixes are they waiting from BlackBerry? Do you really think they're gonna release it on their multi billion dollar network because you reckon it's OK? They'll release it according to their priority schedule when they are happy it is fit for purpose...
    Do you really think that BlackBerry doesn't know how to build an OS that will work on their system? Do you really think it takes months and months and months for them to "test" when it has been released by all, let me repeat, all the main carriers in the USA? Do you really think they need to test what has already been working and they know it works? Lord love a duck! They have had the OS but are just dragging their feet. Why does it take AT&T longer to test and release than it does Verizon to test and release on their multi-billion network?

The lack of release is a clear indication of the lack of support that AT&T really gives to their BlackBerry customers. The ideal would be, going forward, to negotiate a deal that lets BlackBerry release the OS updates direct. They really do know how to make the OS work for each carrier. I have run Vodaphone, Verizon, and a plethora of other carriers' 10.2.1 updates on my AT&T phone with no issues. I am not the only one.

Do I expect them to do something because I say so...nope. But I can still poke them and razz them and prod them as a long time customer to try to move them for the benefit of others who don't know how to update without it being the official AT&T one. They can not release 10.2.1 from now until the end of time, it doesn't affect me. It does reduce the BlackBerry experience of others.

by the way, I am running the T-Mobile update on my phone. The mute button works fine.
    Last edited by newcollector; 04-10-14 at 02:38 PM.
    rcab likes this.
    04-10-14 02:19 PM
30 12