UPDATE 4/6/13: I spoke with Blackberry today and have some additional information. Reached them after 5 hours with Attglobal.net, Web.com, AT&T Wireless. I was told that their team is working on this problem and is aware that it is critical to get fixed. I was not given a release date but was told "soon."

2nd update: I was finally able to get the Gmail server to accept the BB10 email. However, this can only be temporary as my work is bound by NDA which precludes using a public email system.

3rd update: I am now corresponding with the complaint handling group at Web.com and have again asked them to contact Blackberry and work out a solution to this problem.

4th update: Problem fixed on Web.com with the AT&T 10.0.10.116 software that was rolled out today, 4/11/13. However, I have to manually override the automatic configuration on a server address. The Z10 put the incoming server as mail.<domain> and I have to change it to imap.<domain> .

I am posting a new thread as the others are quite old and there is now new information.

I see that many are having the problem that some email hosts block email sent from the Z10 because BB has a slightly different data in one field of the RFC 2822 header. (CR instead of CRLF for the programmers among you - at least from what has been posted at BB).

The reference on the BB forum to a post yesterday where the issue is explained is here:
    SMTP problem - now documented - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Below is the ticket I sent to Web.com which they have said has been escalated.

Opened on: 4/5/2013 7:45:14 PM

Issue History on Ticket:
    4/5/2013 7:45:14 PM - Online Customer:
    A now known problem exists with the new Blackberry Z10 (uses OS10 - QNX) when sending email. This is in the RFC 2822 setup and an incompatibility between configuration of the host's server and the Blackberry programming. Either Web.com and/or Blackberry must make a change before any owners of these new BB can send mail through your servers.

I past here a link to the explanation on the Blackberry support form. SMTP problem - now documented - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Please contact the Blackberry engineers and work this out. Let me know what actions you are taking.

I am not the only person having this problem with your servers and those from some other hosting companies.

I can problem images of the technical messages explaining this if you want but you have to email me to get them as I cant past here.

Please any others having this problem contribute. I have read where BB has a fix for this in early March but it was not in the update that was installed on my phone three days ago. From posts, apparently BB has known about it since February yet the went ahead and rolled out these new phones with this bug. It appears to me (an old programmer) that this is a 2 minute software change so the whole thing does not make sense.
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 04-11-13 at 04:36 PM.
    bungaboy and root like this.
    04-05-13 07:08 PM
    Thanks for this information. I'm having this problem too. Among a list of issues, but trust it will be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    BB Marissa likes this.
    04-05-13 07:15 PM
    Well , I just got this back from Web.com:

Solution History On Ticket:
    4/5/2013 8:20:24 PM - JOHN J.:
    Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for contacting us regarding blackberry phones not working.

Please contact Blackberry to resolve your issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Regards,

John J.
    Web.com Unix Systems Administrator
    04-05-13 09:47 PM
    Same for us in Spain, with Movistar. With the 10.0.9 no issue with smtp, so I chose to restore and keep the old firmware. However, whatsapp will not install witout 10.0.682 or .82, the new one, the one with the smtp issue.

Solution? Keep the faulty newer software, and install k-9 for mail management, until the issue is fixed.

Also, for the record, i am using link in two different macs. After I restored the z10, Link will not download updates anymore (it does show them, but the download progress bar stays at 0). So I have to update OTA.
    04-06-13 07:24 AM
    I've been suffering badly from this bug, I had to go back to my 9900 until this is sorted.
    04-06-13 08:44 AM
    I've been suffering badly from this bug, I had to go back to my 9900 until this is sorted.
    As was stated above, install K9 from the BBerry app site. It works perfectly.
    04-06-13 08:55 AM
    Same problem here! I have been to the Verizon store where I purchased the phone and they are of absolutely NO use. They have no training on the Z10 and knew less than I did. They escalated the problem to their tech department only to tell me that it is a BB problem and there was nothing they could do.
    I did try several work arounds to no avail. Using 2525, 25,587 port settings did not work. I tried changing the STMP setting to mail.xxxx.com from stmp.xxxx.com. Nothing has worked and I've been without email for over a week now. This problem only occurs on my Network Solutions account. My other work email is fine as is the gmail account. Network Solutions says it's a BB problem too.
    I need help!
    04-06-13 08:56 AM
    Same problem here. I've gone to using my work smtp settings until the issue is resolved.
    ATT here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by saxxman; 04-06-13 at 09:18 AM.
    04-06-13 09:05 AM
    Bell Canada Mobility has the same issues.

Hoping for a fix soon.
    04-06-13 09:11 AM
    As was stated above, install K9 from the BBerry app site. It works perfectly.
    No thank you, I need native email in the hub not a workaround.
    04-06-13 09:19 AM
    No thank you, I need native email in the hub not a workaround.
    +1 on that. We need a resolution. We all paid for a working system.

My phone was working with pop and smtp set up but it was **** getting it going. Verizon tec support was lost and not much better help with bb support either. Finally my help came from my isp tech support as far as what ports and settings to use. BUT, after a few days of it working, now my phone is dumping my email settings and telling me Not connected- Account Invalid in my system settings. ?!?
    I have 3 accounts set up. First one did it yesterday and now it is happening to another one. I am on hold on the phone with my isp as i am typing this to make sure my notes are correct before i start typing them in again.....

As a follow up i re-entered my pop and smtp settings that dumped and now they are working again?? No changes, the same settings as before the dump.
    Last edited by ChefJC; 04-06-13 at 10:06 AM.
    04-06-13 09:35 AM
    I am posting a new thread as the others are quite old and there is now new information.

I see that many are having the problem that some email hosts block email sent from the Z10 because BB has a slightly different data in one field of the RFC 2822 header. (CR instead of CRLF for the programmers among you - at least from what has been posted at BB).

The reference on the BB forum to a post yesterday where the issue is explained is here:
    SMTP problem - now documented - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Below is the ticket I sent to Web.com which they have said has been escalated.

Opened on: 4/5/2013 7:45:14 PM

Issue History on Ticket:
    4/5/2013 7:45:14 PM - Online Customer:
    A now known problem exists with the new Blackberry Z10 (uses OS10 - QNX) when sending email. This is in the RFC 2822 setup and an incompatibility between configuration of the host's server and the Blackberry programming. Either Web.com and/or Blackberry must make a change before any owners of these new BB can send mail through your servers.

I past here a link to the explanation on the Blackberry support form. SMTP problem - now documented - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Please contact the Blackberry engineers and work this out. Let me know what actions you are taking.

I am not the only person having this problem with your servers and those from some other hosting companies.

I can problem images of the technical messages explaining this if you want but you have to email me to get them as I cant past here.

Please any others having this problem contribute. I have read where BB has a fix for this in early March but it was not in the update that was installed on my phone three days ago. From posts, apparently BB has known about it since February yet the went ahead and rolled out these new phones with this bug. It appears to me (an old programmer) that this is a 2 minute software change so the whole thing does not make sense.
    I have numerous mail accounts with otenet.gr and yahoo.gr.
    I do not have any problems with my outgoing emails except with one time when I sent an attachment and the email got sent aprox. 26 times (I believe this problem is described on another thread).

Other than that no other problems (Vodafone Greece is my provider).
    Should I be looking somewhere to identify the problem or I just do not have it?
    Please advise.
    04-06-13 09:44 AM
    Oddly my issue is receiving; sending works fine (my account requires asmtp). And, as noted here, functionality comes and goes. Of course I would prefer to get my pop account on the Hub, on the other hand I still have to get that mail. I've talked with T-Mo and BBerry (won't bore you with those conversations) and it does look like it's going to take an update to fix.
    04-06-13 09:46 AM
    I have numerous mail accounts with otenet.gr and yahoo.gr.
    I do not have any problems with my outgoing emails except with one time when I sent an attachment and the email got sent aprox. 26 times (I believe this problem is described on another thread).

Other than that no other problems (Vodafone Greece is my provider).
    Should I be looking somewhere to identify the problem or I just do not have it?
    Please advise.
    My guess is that your provider there in Greece is just ignoring this small glitch in the Blackberry header so you are not bothered. My small understanding of this problem is that the header fields are checked by the span filters and so it depends on which one they are using and how aggressive it is.
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 04-06-13 at 12:34 PM.
    04-06-13 10:10 AM
    I can't believe no one else is having this same problem.
    04-07-13 05:16 PM
    I can't believe no one else is having this same problem.
    If you search the forum, you will see several threads discussing this in the past. Loads of people are affected and we are all waiting for the fix.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:46 PM
    I had this problem. Returned the phone and got refunded.
    Got another Z10, from another carrier.

There are other problems and concern s.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:19 PM
    I'm just about to make the switch from Telus to Rogers, in large part because I want to be with a carrier that will, should it become necessary, replace as opposed to repairing. I'm just waiting for the 30 day email issue to be fixed in 10.1 as per Clewley's tweet.

Can anyone who is with Rogers and using Gmail (not the paid version, just plain Gmail) confirm that they're having the issue described in this thread? Is there any correlation between this issue and specific carriers in Canada?

Thanks
    Last edited by mset; 04-08-13 at 12:13 AM.
    04-07-13 10:34 PM
    This is what fixed it for me:

thread
    04-08-13 11:54 AM
    Network Solutions wants an additional $9.99 per month for "mobile email" service. They even call it an “upsell” in their address:

https://www.networksolutions.com/mob...jsp?prodCode=E
    04-10-13 09:14 AM
    My POP3 (attglobal) changes on a daily basis. Today not working.
    04-10-13 10:59 AM
    I have the same problem regarding not being able to send email here in th UK on Vodafone using my 1and 1 account.

Strangely I can send small emails and respond to small ones but anything more than 1 line gets rejected.

Have been using the K9 email client since I bought the phone and hope we get a resolution soon.

Have we had any new information from BB regarding a fix?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:00 PM
    Today's AT&T update fixed my smtp problem.

FYI: Release: 10.0.10.116 Version: 10.0.10.822
    04-11-13 01:18 PM
    Today's AT&T update fixed my smtp problem.

FYI: Release: 10.0.10.116 Version: 10.0.10.822
    Fixed it for me too - BUT I for my host (Web.com) the Z10 configures the incoming server as mail.<domain> so I have to manually change it to imap.<domain> .
    04-11-13 04:32 PM
    10.0.10.690 pop3 mail was able to send before but today it won't send. Even with Wifi.
    This is bad news. As now I have to go back to iPhone 5 until BlackBerry can solve this problem

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:14 AM
43 12