I have a lot of left-handed friends who do tasks like holding a phone, playing table tennis, using a computer mouse and such with their right hand. Their Leftiness seems to only be a writing thing.

A do agree though, would be a nifty thing to have in there!

Posted via CB10
    I'm a lefty, but as you noted, I do many things right-handed. I swing a baseball bat and golf club right handed, but I write and throw with my left. I can catch with both hands, but to throw a baseball while wearing a glove on my left hand like a righty I have to drop the glove first.

The one thing that gives me fits in a right-handed world is scissors. The blades want to spread when used left-handed so they won't cut cleanly.

Strangely I notice I hold my Z10 in my right hand.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:40 PM
    I am a right who often uses the phone as a lefty. Don't see the need to have codes just for lefty. Every thing works fine. Flicking makes me faster when typing left handed. I seldom use flicks when typing right handed.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    06-23-13 02:41 PM
    I am right handed but carry and use the phone in my left.

The time I use my right is for typing (both hands) and for quickly scrolling top to bottom of a page.

I did notice it is a little difficult to reach some top entries of the '...' context menu at the top right. my thumb just reaches.

I expect if the rumored A series may cause more issues for people.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon and a small turtle.
    That's the same as me, I usually operate my phone using left hand.

And I feel that the process of flow or peek to BlackBerry Hub is done easier using left hand

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:00 PM
    The op has a point though if they had a way to switch the hub and flow movement to the other side left handers would rejoice.
    06-23-13 08:24 PM
    It wouldn't make a difference, the back button will still be on the right. Outside of a smoother movement? I don't see the reason to have it.

I'm lefthanded

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:31 PM
    Meh while that would be cool option as a lefty it works just fine for me as it is.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    06-23-13 08:41 PM
    I'm right handed, and I use my Z with left hand/thumb quite often.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:44 PM
    Well, that settles it. The value of an inverted operation depends largely on how left handed you are. I'm extremely right handed and feel incredibly clumsy with the left. I was suggesting the inclusion of the back button and other OS buttons in a toggleable left hand mode. I hadn't considered the difficulties of one handed use inherent in the larger screen of the rumoured A series, perhaps that would warrant some kind of mirror mode. I do know that if i was a leftie and it was to the extent that I'm right handed, I would have problems. Could also be useful to amputees of course. Thanks for all your replies.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:16 AM
    I'm left handed and use it in my left hand. I won't pretend that it wouldn't make a difference: it would. This would be fantastic for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:23 AM
    To put it differently, I don't "peek" into the hub, it's more that I "push" into it. Try it out with your left thumb and you'll see what I mean.

Also when using those icons that come down from the right, your thumb actually blocks it.

Obviously this varies by user, but this is my experience, and others who I've spoken to.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:26 AM
    I am right handed but I can use the z10 in my left hand with ease

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:28 AM
    Works fine for me.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-24-13 05:46 AM
    Interesting thread. I'm also a lefty. Extreme lefty I would say. I use mouse with my left hand. I just can't use it with my right hand. Left click, right click is easily adapted though. I write with left hand. I often struggle with fork and spoon. But I just feel very much confident with my left hand compare to my right one.

After reading this thread, I noticed, I usually like to hold / operate my phone with my left hand. I’m using 9810. For opening up the slider, My left hand does swift movements while with my right hand, I feel awkward. But I really observed what OP means to say when I tried couple of things with my both hands. For example – after dropping top menu, if I wish to select to turn on wi-fi, its easy with right hand. On browser when I’m using multiple tabs, its easy to reach tab switcher which is on extreme upper right with use of right hand. Interestingly, I never had any problems operating with my left hand but after reading this thread, and after using my phone with my right hand, I realized OP has a valid point. Though with smaller screen like 9810’s won’t make much difference but for bigger screens, I’m sure I would be happier if I get this option.

Thanks OP for lovely thread.
    06-24-13 12:13 PM
    It kinda feels awkward at first but you get used to it, but it would be a nice feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 12:42 PM
    I'm a Righty but find myself holding my Z10 with my left hand from time to time and never had problems with it - it seems quite comfortable to use with my left hand actually.
    06-24-13 01:08 PM
    I'm right handed and honestly, I find the peak and flow works better with my left hand. With my right hand I tend to start too far over on the right side to get that good L shape. With my left thumb, it's perfect. And apparently now that you mention it I guess I'm a phone lefty. Phone goes in left pocket, keys in right. So when I do a quick phone check its always left hand.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 01:15 PM
    I'm also left handed and have no problem using the Z10. Never even considered it an issue.
    06-24-13 01:22 PM
    Im lefthanded.and i use my phon just fine but i also see when i want to look in the hub toswipe up and to the right is a bit of a problem twont openall thewa way unless i bring my thumb all he way to the left of my screen ndWh en iuse my right hand i haveno no problemat all Soit should be able to Switch sides
    06-24-13 01:32 PM
    That's impossible. The left hand covers most of the right hand menu such as on the browser. It's impossible to know what most tabs are saying without tilting the phone consecutively. I can confirm it's very awkward using a left hand vs the right hand. It takes longer to enter certain menus as well with the left hand. Stop talking out of your ***. These menus were designed with right handed people in mind.
    Ok, I just had to try this... both right and left hand, and clicking every menu item in the browser. What are you talking about. I could find nothing I did that covered anything, not on the menu that pops out the right, or the one that pops from the left, or top. How are you holding your phone??? Grasping it from the front?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 01:36 PM
    Like most of the world's tasks that aren't left-hand friendly I've learned to manage but think it would be a welcome addition.

Posted via CB10
    anon5814103 likes this.
    06-24-13 03:35 PM
    I'm a left handed person but I can draw better CAD using my right hand in the mouse. :-P

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 04:06 PM
    Yes, it's how you hold the phone. Using the left hand through the menus like a normal human being blocks some of the menus. Using your left hand like a freaking moron works better. So you're right it's how you use it.

It's no bull$hit. Show me a picture of your left hand on the browser highlight menus without them being blocked and I'll gladly eat my words. Till then, don't bother me.
    I just tested it and it even doesn't play a role which hand or which menu I use, I'm able to shore up my thumb at any given time and I can see the entire display and I can also reach any corner of it with that thumb. So what's the deal? That you can't see button B the moment you press button A or what? OMG.

EDIT:

Okay so now I got what you mean

So I'm looking at a picture in the browser and I want to save it, using the phone with the left hand. I press and hold the picture, the right-handed context-menu pops up, with icons only, not expanded. To see what each icon means, I have to press and hold one of them and now I can slide up and down on them, expanding the one I'm currently touching. So in THIS particular case, depending on how I hold the phone, my sliding thumb covers the highlighted expanded buttons. OKAY. But honestly how is this such a big deal? It's really the only thing that is somehow awkward when using the phone with the left. Just two suggestions on this: You'll get to know what the icons mean over time, expanding them isn't necessary to use the phone. Secondly, you can just tab the blank space on the bar between the last icon at the bottom and the second-last icon on the bar (the one with the three vertical stripes) and the whole bar with all buttons will expand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by --TommesJay--; 06-27-13 at 04:07 AM.
    06-27-13 03:51 AM
    after being a righty for 20 some years, I hurt my arm in an accident about 10 years ago. Been a lefty ever since. You get used to it. I have zero issues using the Z with my left hand. And really at this point, I wouldnt want things to change on the UI.
    06-27-13 06:01 AM
    I'm right handed myself. Use my mouse with right, write with right, shoot hockey left, baseball left, Z10 LEFT. Have a hard time using my right hand to maneuver through the Z10 actually.
    06-27-13 06:08 AM
    I am left handed and I have no problems using the phone. Yes my left hand may be in the way and partially blocks some things on the screen, but it hasn't been a problem for me. I am still able to read everything and use my device efficiently.

I'd prefer to not hold the device in my right hand even though I can without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:34 AM
50 12