Hi, under another topic, i posted saying that in 10.2 I'd like to see a lefthand option whereby the operation of the Z10 was reversed for left handed users. This strikes me as essential and obvious for an update and i feel it should have been baked in from the beginning. Being right handed myself, i don't know if I'm wrong in suggesting this or even if it is useful so i would love to hear the opinion of any lefties and whether they would find it helpful for the one handed operation that we righties take for granted. I don't mean reversing the keyboard layout or reversing pictures etc, just the peek and swipe gesture and some buttons in apps. Particularly games. This should be an option in the initial setup of the device and should be able to be turned off should the need arise.

Posted via CB10
    thebest1BB likes this.
    06-23-13 06:36 AM
    I have a lot of left-handed friends who do tasks like holding a phone, playing table tennis, using a computer mouse and such with their right hand. Their Leftiness seems to only be a writing thing.

A do agree though, would be a nifty thing to have in there!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:52 AM
    I agree, this is important.

Posted via Z10
    06-23-13 07:54 AM
    I'm a lefty--I thought it 'was' designed for left handed users. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:59 AM
    I'm a lefty--I thought it 'was' designed for left handed users. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    Try using your right hand. You will see how much better the peek gesture or the back button accessibility is.

Posted via Z10
    06-23-13 08:10 AM
    im left handed and have no problems... its not rocket science, or brain surgery... no need to rewrite code to change one gesture for the .5% that may actually use it....
    06-23-13 08:22 AM
    im left handed and have no problems... its not rocket science, or brain surgery... no need to rewrite code to change one gesture for the .5% that may actually use it....
    Like I say, I'm right handed so my suggestion was based on how I'd feel if the phone was reversed for me out of the box. I can imagine it not feeling as natural as it does now.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:44 AM
    I'm left handed and use my Z10 in either hand, but yes predominantly in my left. I see no difference in use and don't find either hand easier.
    I guess us lefties are just a lot smarter than the rest of you

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-23-13 09:17 AM
    I'm left handed and use my Z with my right hand no problem most lefties can use both hands anyway.

Posted via CB10
    abaddon1 likes this.
    06-23-13 09:42 AM
    I'd like a left hand mode so that if any of my friends get a BlackBerry 10 phone I can go into their settings while they aren't looking and switch it just to mess with them

Posted via CB10
    amp323 and bbfan1040 like this.
    06-23-13 09:56 AM
    Even though using it right handed is slightly easier, I can say for me it works well with either hand.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 09:57 AM
    I'm a lefty and I honestly don't think I've ever held my phone in my left hand. Just like a mouse it's something I guess I have just adapted to.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-23-13 10:00 AM
    Hi, under another topic, i posted saying that in 10.2 I'd like to see a lefthand option whereby the operation of the Z10 was reversed for left handed users. This strikes me as essential and obvious for an update and i feel it should have been baked in from the beginning. Being right handed myself, i don't know if I'm wrong in suggesting this or even if it is useful so i would love to hear the opinion of any lefties and whether they would find it helpful for the one handed operation that we righties take for granted. I don't mean reversing the keyboard layout or reversing pictures etc, just the peek and swipe gesture and some buttons in apps. Particularly games. This should be an option in the initial setup of the device and should be able to be turned off should the need arise.

Posted via CB10
    Nah don't matter am right handed but for some reason only use my left hand since it more comfortable

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    The only problem I have is I can't type properly when I charging the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:07 AM
    I'm left handed and use my Z10 in either hand, but yes predominantly in my left. I see no difference in use and don't find either hand easier.
    I guess us lefties are just a lot smarter than the rest of you

Posted via CB10
    I'm a lefty too, but mostly only for writing. I use the phone with either hand. There is no awkwardness or learning curve.

I saw a t-shirt that said: "When God made the world he made a few perfect people, and the rest are right- handed."

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:13 AM
    That's impossible. The left hand covers most of the right hand menu such as on the browser. It's impossible to know what most tabs are saying without tilting the phone consecutively. I can confirm it's very awkward using a left hand vs the right hand. It takes longer to enter certain menus as well with the left hand. Stop talking out of your ***. These menus were designed with right handed people in mind.
    UND_OSU likes this.
    06-23-13 10:16 AM
    Lefties are known for exceptional adaptation in a right handed world. You will be fine after awhile.

I speak as a proud southpaw

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    06-23-13 10:35 AM
    That's impossible. The left hand covers most of the right hand menu such as on the browser. It's impossible to know what most tabs are saying without tilting the phone consecutively. I can confirm it's very awkward using a left hand vs the right hand. It takes longer to enter certain menus as well with the left hand. Stop talking out of your ***. These menus were designed with right handed people in mind.
    Stop talking Bullsh. I AM righthanded and I use the phone with my left hand most of the time, while holding a cigarette or a cup of coffee with my right hand for example. It works fine, I can't find anything awkward here. And as you said the left hand would cover menus, I also don't see my right hand covering the right placed context menus. I think it's a question of how exactly you hold the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:49 AM
    I'm left handed and thought about your suggestions BEFORE BlackBerry 10 was released. I was thinking that the UI might pose a problem for left handed people such as myself.

I can only speak for myself but I can tell you that I have had absolutely no issues with my Z10's interface.

Like a lot of left handed people, I used to think that I was almost ambidextrous. That was until I broke left hand. Let me tell you that I learned the hard way that there are many,many things I had trouble doing with only my right hand. As you can imagine that included many personal maintenance functions including eating and associated bodily functions!

So I'm really, really left handed. And the Z10's UI works great for me. No issues whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:13 AM
    I'm left handed and I use all my phones with my right. It feels awkward using my left hand. The only time that I use my left hand is when im two hand typing, even then I use my right hand more.
    06-23-13 11:13 AM
    I am right handed but carry and use the phone in my left.

The time I use my right is for typing (both hands) and for quickly scrolling top to bottom of a page.

I did notice it is a little difficult to reach some top entries of the '...' context menu at the top right. my thumb just reaches.

I expect if the rumored A series may cause more issues for people.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon and a small turtle.
    06-23-13 11:14 AM
    I am right handed but carry and use the phone in my left.

The time I use my right is for typing (both hands) and for quickly scrolling top to bottom of a page.

I did notice it is a little difficult to reach some top entries of the '...' context menu at the top right. my thumb just reaches.

I expect if the rumored A series may cause more issues for people.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon and a small turtle.

Reaching the top entities would also happen with the next hand also

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:26 PM
    Stop talking Bullsh. I AM righthanded and I use the phone with my left hand most of the time, while holding a cigarette or a cup of coffee with my right hand for example. It works fine, I can't find anything awkward here. And as you said the left hand would cover menus, I also don't see my right hand covering the right placed context menus. I think it's a question of how exactly you hold the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's how you hold the phone. Using the left hand through the menus like a normal human being blocks some of the menus. Using your left hand like a freaking moron works better. So you're right it's how you use it.

It's no bull$hit. Show me a picture of your left hand on the browser highlight menus without them being blocked and I'll gladly eat my words. Till then, don't bother me.
    06-23-13 02:20 PM
    Yes, it's how you hold the phone. Using the left hand through the menus like a normal human being blocks some of the menus. Using your left hand like a freaking moron works better. So you're right it's how you use it.

It's no bull$hit. Show me a picture of your left hand on the browser highlight menus without them being blocked and I'll gladly eat my words. Till then, don't bother me.
    You could try using your right hand to hold and left hand to operate or adapt using your phone with right hand. No point holding and using with your left like a moron until bb decides to make us lefties happy by giving us the option to toggle for left hand use.

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    06-23-13 02:30 PM
    I'm a lefty too. I don't feel that BB10 needs to cater to the left handed, but it should be noted that the sinistral are estimated to be about 10-11% of the general population.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:31 PM
50 12