Heyho,

I just installed Bebuzz and was playing around a bit. When I was trying to chose different colors for all my incoming messages (whatsapp, text, email, ...) I noticed that the colors White and Yellow are blinking like a mix of two colors.

So, Yellow is more a half red and half yellow (side by side). And the white is a half Magenta half white. However, green, blue, red etc for example are clear and unambiguous.

I also noticed it when the battery drops below 10%... The color then is blinking in 50 %red right beside 50 % yellow. Is it supposed to be totally yellow?

I am not sure if all these things are normal. But this seems pretty weird since it is just for the colors White and Yellow.

Hope you guys can help me!

IFall

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by iFall; 05-26-13 at 01:57 AM.
    05-26-13 01:44 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Please take a moment to fill the rest of your profile, that info is useful when troubleshooting!

So, I'm 99% sure you're fine. My 9780 used to do very similar things when I used BeBuzz in it.
    05-26-13 03:06 PM
    It's in the apis that they are allowed to use. I asked about this why the white colours were an off white and the developer mentioned that. Check the Be Buzz Pro thread in the app forum section.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-26-13 03:10 PM
    Heyho,

I just installed Bebuzz and was playing around a bit. When I was trying to chose different colors for all my incoming messages (whatsapp, text, email, ...) I noticed that the colors White and Yellow are blinking like a mix of two colors.

So, Yellow is more a half red and half yellow (side by side). And the white is a half Magenta half white. However, green, blue, red etc for example are clear and unambiguous.

I also noticed it when the battery drops below 10%... The color then is blinking in 50 %red right beside 50 % yellow. Is it supposed to be totally yellow?

I am not sure if all these things are normal. But this seems pretty weird since it is just for the colors White and Yellow.

Hope you guys can help me!

IFall

Posted via CB10
    Heyho dude,

Nothing's wrong with your LED color, as if I'm not mistaken BlackBerry's notification LED bulb consists of red, blue, green, and yellow. Such bulbs enables the LED to show many colors, but if you look at some colors which are combination of few bulbs emitting together, you can notice that it's not perfectly the exact color you want.

For example when the battery gets lower than 10% it supposed to show 'orange' LED, which is a combination of red and yellow. Thus what you'll see from close distance is red and yellow emitting together. Hope that answered your question. Enjoy your Z10!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:17 PM
    Hey!

Thanks for your quick replies. I watched some videos of BeBuzz on a Bold and on this device all the colors are totally clear. Orange is totally orange. And white is a pure white. I cannot see why a next model (Z10) should handle these colors differently.

I do not think that this is something with BeBuzz because as I said, as soon as the battery drops below 10% the LED is not orange but clearly half red and half yellow (with a "clear cut" in the middle).

When your battery drops below 10%, do you guys get a clear orange?
    05-26-13 04:42 PM
    It depends on the angle you're looking at your phone. Look straight on and the two lights blend together, angle your phone and you'll start seeing the colors separately

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is how it always has worked the only difference being the led on the older Blackberry's has an opaque layer on top which helps blend the colours where as the z10 is just glass on top and you can look directly at the different leds

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is how it always has worked the only difference being the led on the older Blackberry's has an opaque layer on top which helps blend the colours where as the z10 is just glass on top and you can look directly at the different leds

Posted via CB10
    It was exactly the same on my 9900

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:16 PM
    I've got to be honest, not being a legacy BlackBerry user I don't understand the whole LED bit. However it's clear that it is a very big deal for the legacy crew.

It would be nice if BlackBerry created a small "lamp test" tool where you do something like press a coloured dot and the LED lights up accordingly for as long as you press it. Would help the legacy crew manage their colour expectations and also just test that all is well.

Maybe us BlackBerry newbies might learn the experience of the much praised virtues of the legacy LED notification system through this?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:25 PM
    I've got to be honest, not being a legacy BlackBerry user I don't understand the whole LED bit. However it's clear that it is a very big deal for the legacy crew.

It would be nice if BlackBerry created a small "lamp test" tool where you do something like press a coloured dot and the LED lights up accordingly for as long as you press it. Would help the legacy crew manage their colour expectations and also just test that all is well.

Maybe us BlackBerry newbies might learn the experience of the much praised virtues of the legacy LED notification system through this?

Posted via CB10

In my opinion, the basic LED function of a Blackberry is just right. Or let's say almost. I think it makes sense to have one color for communication related notification (red) and then some others that express an important function/status (blue for bluetooth, ...).
    Disco-LED-blinking, every contact a different LED-color, LED-blinking in the French flag, ... ,... (all the things that apps like BeBuzz could enable) are exaggerated. But since I have my Z10, another small change with respect to the LED came into my mind:

Wouldn't it be cool to have all notification in one color (the typical red for example). So, Texts, Emails, Whatsapp, BBM, ... are blinking red.
    And on the other side, every call with a white blinking LED for example. So, Skype, calls, BBM calls etc would appear with a white LED.

(That is somehow my background story why I played with BeBuzz and why I noticed these small "LED issues" on my Z10.)
    I think that'd be a cool thing. Differentiating incoming calls from incoming texts - directly build in in BB10.

But yeah, just food for thought ...
    05-27-13 01:51 AM
    In buzz app there is many color configurations solid white, yellow, red and so forth.

There is also the option of mixed colors yellow/red and so forth.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:58 AM