Another odd error on theZ10:

Since a few days (during which I have not installed any new apps) my LED randomly does not notify me of new Emails anymore. When this happened first, only a battery pull could fix it. It worked for a day. Now it has happened again, new Emails are shown on lock screen as icons with asterisk but the LED is not blinking.

That is really odd since apparently the LED itself is not broken and still turned on in all settings. I have no app that would manipulate LED or notification functions like HUB++ or something.

Any ideas what's wrong there?
    03-24-13 08:01 AM
    I have the same issue not only with email, but with sms, BBM and so forth. Never had that issue on my previous blackberries. I am guessing it's a software update, as both my Z10 have the same problem so I am just waiting for the update to see if this gets resolved.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:31 PM
    Me three. Hmmmm I wonder what's up
    03-24-13 03:45 PM
    Besides the fast that this is rather annoying, I find it interesting that this error shows up weeks after I bought the device, without me changing usage or doing anything that should be able to trigger such. Likewise, the random reboot error did not happen to me at first, it came after a while, not from the first days on.

I did another battery pull after my first post today,which fixed the issue when I tested it. Hours later the LED did not notify me again. I made a full backup via Link and reinstalled from this same backup. Now LED works again but I am very cautious to call the issue solved. We will have to see whether or not it fails to work again.

How can such a significant error just happen three times within days of normal usage when it has to happened for weeks prior? I am really puzzled by this.
    03-24-13 03:58 PM
    I've only had mine since Friday, but I've noticed that the LED on it blinks for about 10 minutes (before my OCD gets the better of me and I just HAVE to see the notification..LOL!) and then just stops. I don't think it's an issue (at least on my device); my suspicion is that this is how it was built, and is intended to function.

I could be 100% wrong on this, it's just my guess based on what I've seen so far.
    03-24-13 04:26 PM
    I've only had mine since Friday, but I've noticed that the LED on it blinks for about 10 minutes (before my OCD gets the better of me and I just HAVE to see the notification..LOL!) and then just stops. I don't think it's an issue (at least on my device); my suspicion is that this is how it was built, and is intended to function.

I could be 100% wrong on this, it's just my guess based on what I've seen so far.
    Even on the older BlackBerry devices, the led would flash or blink for a max of 15 mins unless you had a 3rd party app like be buzz for instance running in the background to allow the led to flash for longer.

But seems like the z10 does the same as you just said but if u want to override that, you can use the app hub++ to do that but it must be running as an active frame. Hopefully in the future when more api's are made available to developers, then we can have alot more apps that are able to run in the background rather than having active frames.
    I've been using hub++ for the past week and have to say it's an excellent app and the dev does take on board suggestions to make the app better.

Posted via CB10
    Azensun likes this.
    03-24-13 04:37 PM
    Wow was getting nervous - I'm in the same boat.
    My bold never seemed to do this.
    Is it worth doing a battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:53 PM
    Wow was getting nervous - I'm in the same boat.
    My bold never seemed to do this.
    Is it worth doing a battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    Yep if your led has stopped working then just do a reboot ie hold the top button down until you get the restart symbol.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:55 PM