Anyone know if the service indicator where the LED blinks green like it used to on BBOS is on BB10? Couldn't find it so I thought I'd ask

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 04:51 AM
    Do you have a bb10 device because that's what your sig says. But I don't think it does although I may be wrong but I believe I read the led doesn't support multiple colors. Again not sure but I think that's true
    02-07-13 05:04 AM
    Do you have a bb10 device because that's what your sig says. But I don't think it does although I may be wrong but I believe I read the led doesn't support multiple colors. Again not sure but I think that's true
    Yeah, got the Z10. Hm, I know it can do at least red and yellow, so I don't see why it couldn't do other colors. Guess I just have to wait and see.

02-07-13 05:08 AM
    Oh okay. Well can you switch it on? Or are you having trouble finding the way to switch it on? But that's good that it can do more than just red. Thanks for that info
    02-07-13 05:11 AM
    Anyone know if the service indicator where the LED blinks green like it used to on BBOS is on BB10? Couldn't find it so I thought I'd ask

Nope, I don't see a setting to turn it on. Do you really need it now days tho?
    02-07-13 06:06 AM
    Not natively but apps to enable them will not be far behind.
    02-07-13 06:07 AM
    Nope, I don't see a setting to turn it on. Do you really need it now days tho?
    Lol probably not, but I just got used to seeing it blink, it just feels weird without it haha!

Yeah, in the help manual on the phone it says the LED is yellow for low battery, red for messages and green when it's plugged in and fully charged. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be added eventually, just have to wait.

02-07-13 09:23 AM
    Not natively but apps to enable them will not be far behind.
    Define "far behind"; any specifics of details on app availability?
    02-07-13 09:31 AM
    Define "far behind"; any specifics of details on app availability?
    I don't have any but I know it's a case of supply and demand.

02-09-13 02:26 AM
    Lol probably not, but I just got used to seeing it blink, it just feels weird without it haha!

Yeah, in the help manual on the phone it says the LED is yellow for low battery, red for messages and green when it's plugged in and fully charged. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be added eventually, just have to wait.

Yep. Not available right now. Hopefully, will be soon. Thanks for your patience.
    02-09-13 03:00 AM
    So the apps will support the color? Or will it be like "color id"? Where you have to set all the colors and notifications.
    02-09-13 04:01 AM
    I really hope someone is working on some colour led apps, im lost without my colours to I what's coming in.

02-09-13 05:09 AM
    ColorID was on BlackBerry World. It didn't work. It installed properly and you could configure it, but it did nothing.
    Nice testing.
    It was removed.
    02-09-13 05:13 AM
    ColorID was on BlackBerry World. It didn't work. It installed properly and you could configure it, but it did nothing.
    Nice testing.
    It was removed.
    Yeah I saw that, I downloaded it and found the same as everyone else, that it didn't work lol.

I'm so hoping for BeBuzz

02-09-13 05:40 AM
    Hi, we released an updated version of Color ID for BB10 which is working for SMS and email. Since this is a new OS, there are some things that we currently cannot accomplish with the API's offered. It's similar to when we released Color ID on the old OS and it would only work for email, calls and SMS. Basically, we are doing the best we can with the tools we currently have. We decided to go for the free version with an in-app upgrade to unlock more than 2 contacts. That way people will be able to try it out before they commit $2.99 for the full version. Rest assured, as more features are made available, we will update the app. If you have any questions about the app, you can ask me, or post in the Color ID thread located somewhere in the Apps sub forum.

nige
    02-16-13 12:15 PM
    DEAR FRIENDS,

Normally I /we use to keep mobile on the desk board of my / our car so when ever the network signals are available, the LED light starts blinking, so i /we understand that now we contact office / home from that place.

If this LED indicators are removed as in Z10 / Q10 ?Z30 etc the we have to observe / go on seeing mobile continuously, go on Pressing keys to light display, this is practically very difficult, rather not possible while driving.

Secondly this green LED adds in the beauty of the phone and help us to locate mobile, particularly in night times in dark without disturbing other family members , so request all mobile manufacturers to keep this feature always in the phone,There are many other advantages which i/we will write next time.

I know that many of our associates have / were purchasing Blackberry only for the same reason.

Regards
    Pervez Bhesania & family & Friends
    And Staff Of AAVAN MAZDA ELEC PVT LTD
    11-18-13 07:39 AM