Post here if the Z10 is your daily driver. The last one standing will achieve Crackberry immortality!

I will keep the list of documented Z10 primary users here, so we can see which one is the last one standing!

List as of 11-8-2017 (5-6 people so far):

Me
    My wife
    rarsen's wife
    RUFINUS JOSEPH
    Bchull
    joeldf's son (WiFi only, so probably doesn't count!)
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 11-06-17 at 09:36 AM.
    FF22 and Gustavo Conte like this.
    11-04-17 03:34 PM
    (as I sneak in...)

I still have my Z30 feeding Blend to my various computers. A year or so ago, when its battery failed and I took it in for repair, I fired up the Z10 to temporarily serve it its stead.
    11-04-17 04:04 PM
    Post here if the Z10 is your daily driver. The last to post will be famous forever!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Yeah what a great daily driver with a max of 3 hours battery use!!! (Note sarcasm)
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    11-04-17 04:17 PM
    Yeah what a great daily driver with a max of 3 hours battery use!!! (Note sarcasm)
    The battery life is a legit issue. It doesn't affect me in my routine, but it's absolutely a deal-breaker for many.

11-04-17 04:23 PM
    I use the Passport, but the wife is continuing using my previous Z-10 on a daily basis, She is not a heavy user, but still lots of mileage yet to get on that Z-10. And I also continue using the Z-10 as an easily accessible calculator while the Passport is used for various business tasks, when working from the home office.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-04-17 05:41 PM
    Don't forget that awful cramped keyboard, and you got 3hours out of that battery??lucky man.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 05:47 PM
    Don't forget that awful cramped keyboard, and you got 3hours out of that battery??lucky man.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I love the keyboard in portrait mode. That's the main reason I have kept it so long! Short travel distance speeds my typing. I am faster on the Z10 in portrait mode than any keyboard virtual or physical, on any other phone I've used. I still prefer a PKB for precision editing, however.

11-04-17 06:59 PM
    I should mention that my wife gave up her iPhone 5 for my original Z10 in early 2015. I told her I was getting her an iPhone 6, and she asked me why I got to use the "good" phone and made her use an iPhone! She continues to refuse any suggestion of switching back to iPhone or getting an Android. I offer every few months and she threatens to leave me if I take her Z10 away.

Like me, she is on a PC most of the time and just uses her phone to stay in touch with people via voice, text and email. She is a heavy Facebook user, but likes not having it on her phone. Her attitude is that, if it's not worth posting after a few hours, it isn't worth posting at all.

mundo472 likes this.
    11-04-17 07:11 PM
    I am still using the Z10 as my daily driver. It still functions great in 2017.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and mundo472 like this.
    11-04-17 10:28 PM
    Z10 is still great I dont know why blackberry choose to switch to android and dump this bb10...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 10:34 PM
    LOL. I love the keyboard in portrait mode. That's the main reason I have kept it so long! Short travel distance speeds my typing. I am faster on the Z10 in portrait mode than any keyboard virtual or physical, on any other phone I've used. I still prefer a PKB for precision editing, however.

Hats off to you,i never did like the keyboard for me it was the worst one I've ever used,i much preferred the pkb on the q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 02:00 AM
    Z10 is still great I dont know why blackberry choose to switch to android and dump this bb10...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's a mystery.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 06:11 AM
    Actually its not a mystery at all.
    They were losing money on BB10 at an unprecedented rate. So they had to let it go.
    No business is going to continue losing money right?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 07:49 AM
    Actually its not a mystery at all.
    They were losing money on BB10 at an unprecedented rate. So they had to let it go.
    No business is going to continue losing money right?

Posted via CB10
    I was being sarcastic.

Posted via CB10
    BD_BB_8520 and Wmsi like this.
    11-05-17 07:56 AM
    I was being sarcastic.

Posted via CB10
    Ah my bad!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 07:57 AM
    Ah my bad!

Posted via CB10
    I should have added an emoji or "rolling eyes" or something of that nature.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 08:13 AM
    Yeah your bad....something like I'M BEING SARCASTIC after every thing you post should do it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 08:35 PM
    Blackberry's Z10 demand miscalculation was one of the worst I've ever seen. I would love to know what information they used to build that demand model!

In any case, at least it's worked out for those of us who like the device, as we have no shortage of cheap screens and batteries, as well as replacement units.

11-05-17 08:43 PM
    Yeah your bad....something like I'M BEING SARCASTIC after every thing you post should do it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, my 3,000+ posts shouldn't give me away.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 09:21 PM
    Yes, my 3,000+ posts shouldn't give me away.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 04:29 AM
    So far we have the following FIVE users:

Me
    My wife
    rarsen's wife
    RUFINUS JOSEPH
    Bchull

Anyone else?
    11-06-17 08:13 AM
    My 8 year old son.

The SIM is inactive, and I've disabled the mobile network so it doesn't even try. Strictly working off wi-fi. He uses it to look up his favorite shows and animal related stuff. Makes lists of is favorite shows and songs. I've removed most things he doesn't need, but I also keep it updated (loaded the last OS that just came out).

He only plays with it about 15 to 30 minutes a day. But ever since I disabled the mobile network on it, battery life jumped from a previous 8-10 hours on a charge when I was using it, now to almost 2 days.

And that's on the now 4 year old original battery.
    11-06-17 08:24 AM
    Awesome. My 7 year old daughter also loves the Z10. She uses it almost exclusively for simple native games and YouTube on long car rides. She also LOVES using BBM to message family members, which she can do securely without a mobile number. She's going to inherit mine IF I ever stop using it. She keeps telling me to please start using the KEYone full time so she can have a phone.
    11-06-17 08:30 AM
    Blackberry's Z10 demand miscalculation was one of the worst I've ever seen. I would love to know what information they used to build that demand model!

In any case, at least it's worked out for those of us who like the device, as we have no shortage of cheap screens and batteries, as well as replacement units.

If BB10 had been bug free, and if it had had Instagram like we were told it would at launch and they had put a 3,000mAh battery in the Z10.... the demand model might have been right, based on where BBOS sales where even then, and the overall size of the BlackBerry userbase.

But being that they had the PlayBook as an example of unfinished software, overpriced hardware, and lack of developer support just two years earlier.... it does make you wonder what they were thinking.
    11-06-17 08:34 AM
    I'm actually back to one. Z10 was my first BB10 device. I've used them all except the Q10 and Leap. After breaking my SIM card reader by absent mindedly thinking that it was a good place to store an empty Sim adapter, it had been a Wi-Fi only device but still got used regularly.

Found a great deal on eBay ($57 Canadian for a near mint condition device, spare battery, and an Otterbox Defender still in original packaging) and I couldn't resist. Been back to it for a while now and pretty satisfied. It's just such a perfect size and for me and, when it comes to a mobile device, that is no small deciding factor. I do miss the physical keyboard but these days I spend more time at my laptop for longer emails. What does it for me is the size and feel of the device. And that virtual keyboard is best in class.

What many people think of as the worst thing about this device (the battery), can arguably be a strength in disguise. With the battery charging bundle (basically an external charger), you literally NEVER have to plug your device in. OK, so you have to power down and you lose a couple of minutes from that to when the device is fully back up and running and settled but I would much rather trade a few minutes for a battery swap than needing to tether my device to a wall for an hour or more.

For those who use the Z10 as a daily driver, this accessory is a must-have in my opinion!
    11-06-17 08:35 AM
116 123 ...