Every time I open setting I either get an all black screen or a all white screen for about 10 seconds. I thought it was an Os issue but I'm on my 3Rd Os and it still does it. Anyone have this issue? This is still my first device and I wanna keep it that way.
    I hate refurbished junk and I hate the whole backup and restore system. It's the worst I've ever seen. Takes way too long and backs up useless info

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:37 PM
    Same problem...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:38 PM
    By the way once I open the settings it opens with no issues after it loads. If I don't go into my settings for over 4-5 hrs it does this

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:39 PM
    Every time I open setting I either get an all black screen or a all white screen for about 10 seconds. I thought it was an Os issue but I'm on my 3Rd Os and it still does it. Anyone have this issue? This is still my first device and I wanna keep it that way.
    I hate refurbished junk and I hate the whole backup and restore system. It's the worst I've ever seen. Takes way too long and backs up useless info

Posted via CB10
    Same problem. However, I noticed this only happens when I am heavily using my Z10. It loads up immediately most of the time especially when my active frames are closed.
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    05-04-13 12:40 PM
    Same problem...

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't this bad on launch day. It was only a 2-3 second delay. But now it's up to 10 seconds. And I'm just afraid that eventually this problem will make my phone crash after trying for soo long. Might Call Verizon and fight for a new device. There's no reason why I should receive a refurbished phone when I just bought this new a month ago

Posted via CB10
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    05-04-13 12:42 PM
    Same problem. However, I noticed this only happens when I am heavily using my Z10. It loads up immediately most of the time especially when my active frames are closed.
    See mine is the opposite. If I let the BlackBerry sit around it does it. Heavy use it will open and close without lag or white screen. This is honestly the only bug that's bugging me. Everything else works fine

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:43 PM
    See mine is the opposite. If I let the BlackBerry sit around it does it. Heavy use it will open and close without lag or white screen. This is honestly the only bug that's bugging me. Everything else works fine

Posted via CB10
    very strange. When last did you reboot your device?
    05-04-13 12:46 PM
    Its because, as its been mentioned quite a few times here that the settings are made in Adobe air rather than native cascades. God only knows why they did that but even mine is laggy as well and im running a non 10.1 OS.
    05-04-13 12:47 PM
    very strange. When last did you reboot your device?
    I don't reboot at all. I've tried in the past the reboot to fix the issue but it doesn't work. My reboot info is unavailable because it hasn't rebooted or been turned off since I loaded a new leak last week

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:59 PM
    Its because, as its been mentioned quite a few times here that the settings are made in Adobe air rather than native cascades. God only knows why they did that but even mine is laggy as well and im running a non 10.1 OS.
    So what's the verdict? Can this be fixed or am I screwed with a broken phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:00 PM
    I heard that the settings menu was written in adobe air and its different from the rest of the os, and thats why it makes it slow.

I dont know if it its true though

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I mean its not a deal breaker mate, its just a bit laggy for all of us not just you, maybe in an update soon they change it who knows. It bothers me yeah but its not like im not going to return my z10 beacuse of it

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:21 PM
    I mean its not a deal breaker mate, its just a bit laggy for all of us not just you, maybe in an update soon they change it who knows. It bothers me yeah but its not like im not going to return my z10 beacuse of it

Posted via CB10
    I'm not returning it either. I've dealt with BlackBerry for years so I'm used to it. I haven't had a single BlackBerry that actually worked without issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 02:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dont know if it can be fixed by BB, either they could try and speed it up or re-develop it in Cascades. Its the same with the phone app, pretty laggy i find but i dont see it as broken or anything??.

Anyhow i thought a few weeks back you were going to get a q10 as your thread stated as you couldnt get on with the z10 keyboard??

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-q10-797997/
    05-04-13 02:23 PM
    I am also concerned because this seems to be getting worse. It wasn't noticeable at first, but it is now an issue.

I am afraid that this is an omen of some sort...

Most of my phone 'issues' have been minor, and only had to reboot once since I got it, over a month ago. I was excited to see that I did not have to do the daily reboots, just because, that I had to do with my torch.

Should I get back into that habit?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 02:30 PM
    Dont know if it can be fixed by BB, either they could try and speed it up or re-develop it in Cascades. Its the same with the phone app, pretty laggy i find but i dont see it as broken or anything??.

Anyhow i thought a few weeks back you were going to get a q10 as your thread stated as you couldnt get on with the z10 keyboard??

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-q10-797997/
    Yea so? Are you the Crackberry stalker of the day? I'm glad you don't see an issue with the 10 second load time. Nope not broken at all lmao. And yes the Z10 keyboard sucks with the predictions and yes I will be getting the Q10 eventually. Now what was the point of this again?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:12 PM
    I am also concerned because this seems to be getting worse. It wasn't noticeable at first, but it is now an issue.

I am afraid that this is an omen of some sort...

Most of my phone 'issues' have been minor, and only had to reboot once since I got it, over a month ago. I was excited to see that I did not have to do the daily reboots, just because, that I had to do with my torch.

Should I get back into that habit?

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid a "BlackBerry battery pull" won't fix it. Hey well at least it's not as big of a screw up like the BlackBerry storm

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:15 PM
    Mine opens immediately it only happend in the oldest os but even in the old os it opens after 1Second

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:16 PM
    Mine opens right away. Never had an issue with lag. I'm running latest official Os from att.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:24 PM
    LOL @ crackberry stalker. People don't let you slide for anything on this site. Haha
    My screen lags a little too, but not ten seconds. I laughed to myself when you mentioned the laggy phone, because I get the feeling that the actual phone on the Z10 was an afterthought and not much effort was really put into it.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    05-04-13 03:27 PM
    Don't know what to tell you, mine opens instantly and always has.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    05-04-13 03:32 PM
    Yea so? Are you the Crackberry stalker of the day? I'm glad you don't see an issue with the 10 second load time. Nope not broken at all lmao. And yes the Z10 keyboard sucks with the predictions and yes I will be getting the Q10 eventually. Now what was the point of this again?

Posted via CB10
    Nah i got better things to do than to stalk you...10 sec load time, stay off the drugs dude...no wonder you are getting 10 sec delay LMAO. Time slows down when your high as a kite.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 04:23 PM
    Nah i got better things to do than to stalk you...10 sec load time, stay off the drugs dude...no wonder you are getting 10 sec delay LMAO. Time slows down when your high as a kite.

Posted via CB10
    Stay off the drugs? Let me guess your an admin?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 04:37 PM
    I'm on the latest official AT&T version but I have never had a lag. The settings screen opens instantaneous for me. Ten seconds is way too long.
    05-04-13 08:04 PM
    When loading the settings, while it is loading it is verifying the Blackberry ID account on the Blackberry server for your phone. Once you open it, the re-opening will usually be fairly fast. This is because the account info the software requires has been locally cached on the phone.

Be patient...

When doing backups, the backup files are strongly encrypted. This takes time and it is for your protection. Blackberry uses strong encryption, and this can take more time to be accomplished.

Some years ago I had a different phone as a second phone. When I backed it up, I was able to load the backup file in to debug utility that I was using for troubleshooting systems. I could then convert the HEX to ASCII code. In between the control characters I was able to read the content. There is no way I can do this with a Blackberry phone files.
    05-04-13 08:35 PM