I have had my Z10 for about a week and I am really frustrated with the amount of customization that was removed from the previous version. I was using a 9810 on 7.1 and there are so many features that have been removed on BB10

Facebook and Twitter apps have only about 30% the functions of the BBOS latest version.

Bridge is useless now

Having to sideload all android counterparts to restore features

Ringtone/Notifications are so basic, cannot even change # of times the notification plays or led color which both were in BBOS

BBM cannot turn off the stupid updates when someone changes there name etc

I have spoken to some people in Waterloo but I am not sure what to do at this point, I have been promised updates etc but seems like it is all a line.

There is some good features in BB10 but I feel like going back to the Torch, someone shed some light
    03-30-13 03:08 AM
    What I think you should keep in mind is that BB10 is not just an OS update but a largely rewritten new OS. And while I am absolutely certain that it is technically possible to integrate all the features previous BBs had - and that BB actually wants to implement those which are desired by their customers - I understand that the OS had to be ready for launch at some point. And From what I know (not being a software person) it takes a lot of time and work to develop a new OS. So they put it out now, while it is working with the features it has, to reclaim market share.

I am sure that they will carefully listen to their userbase and give back those features that are most desired. I actually imagine that something like notifications individualization is not that complicated to code. I could be wrong but I think they will likely do that soon. Just like the 30 day email sync limitation, which is something they really should have solved before publishing if you ask me. It will, in all likelyness, come.

If you look back at the first version of Apple's iOS, it did not have many of today's features. In fact, iOS was lacking a lot of things that people critic about BB10 these days, until, I think, iOS 5 or something. That was years after launching the iPhone. So while I am annoyed by the lack of customization and some other things myself, be patient and hope with me that things will come.
    03-30-13 03:23 AM