I can't upgrade to the Z10 until May 1, but I've made two visits to Verizon stores lately to hopefully see one and play around with it. In both circumstances, the salesperson not only had no clue (which I expected) but challenged me to defend my interest in Blackberry. In both cases I answered with "I'm a Blackberry fan". The first person told me it was good that I couldn't upgrade until May because the Samsung S4 would be out by then and "you'll have a choice". The other questioned why I wasn't "an Android person" and would have continued to challenge if I hadn't told him he could put the Z10 down on top of my PlayBook (with my Torch and Bold sitting nearby).

What completely floors me is both stores had room to display the Z10 but didn't. The first store wouldn't even check in the back to see if they had one in stock - I watched another customer leave angry when told they didn't have any. The second store had the nerve to tell me there wasn't much interest in the Z10...well of course there isn't, stupid, if you don't display it!

As a daily reader of Crackberry, I'm well aware of the situation. This is just a vent, as despite knowing the reality it still annoys me. At this point, I'll probably just order my Z10 off Amazon or the Verizon site just so I don't have to deal with another clueless store representative. Sigh.

On the plus side, I finally got to play with a Z10 Excited for May! I just wish they'd had a white one so I could decide for sure which I want.
    phoenix55 and lotramos like this.
    04-21-13 06:33 AM
    I wonder why they hate blackberry so much.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-21-13 06:36 AM
    I believe what you experienced was sales people who are trying to sale you a phone that they have available now to make their commission.

They won't get commission if you leave the store and come back in May, if you even return to that store.

It's probably sales tactic they were taught in training.

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink, frood2012 and mscooley like this.
    04-21-13 06:38 AM
    Verizon has been pushing other platforms since legacy devices cost BlackBerry its leading position in global marketshare. I remember my brief stint at Verizon, when I bought my 9930 and went in to buy a 9370 when I was afraid the 9930 bricking would leave me without a phone. I had to emphatically state that yes, I did in fact want a BB.

BB waited much too long to wake up and to move forward and modernise its phones. That's caused carriers to give up on them. That said, I was surprised to hear all the adverts on the radio for the Z10. They're really pushing it.
    Grumblegrumble and h20work like this.
    04-21-13 06:42 AM
    When situations like this occur I think we should send an email to Vzw, you can find the email address for the CEO on the website. I sent one stating a similar experience and actually received a call back. Have switched to AT&T because they were the 1st to release the phone.
    04-21-13 06:46 AM
    Well, it doesn't only happen to BlackBerry...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ore-today.html

Sometimes I feel that Windows Phone and BlackBerry should somehow team up.

Posted via CB10
    lboogie_1971_ likes this.
    04-21-13 06:46 AM
    they were probably selling on commission and android or another phone brand were the ones theyd be paid the most for that week/month. to ,most people a phone store rep is just a job not a chance to push an under dog product to gain popularity, theyre more likely to care more about a bigger pay check that month than a personal vendetta against a phone brand. Think of it this way, if a carriers store doesnt sell many z10s all thats doing is hurting that particular store as Blackberry has already been paid for the handsets whereas the store is stuck with them and needs to resell with a profit.

the S4 will probably take that gap that the z10 could have been displayed in, Samsungs a large company and will probably pay a lot to showcase its new flagship at the front of stores/most prominent spots.

There are some phone reps who are fan boys and will push to their particular preference though but that happens with everything and i bet there are some blackberry fan boy reps that annoyingly push say an iphone user or a nokia user towards a bb they dont really want.
    04-21-13 07:14 AM
    Funny that Verizon rep said SG S4 instead of HTC One....nuff said cause obviously he wants to sell the Samsung name not the best phone for the customer.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 via Crackberry App
    sosof likes this.
    04-21-13 07:15 AM
    This is where reps need to leave there personal preferences at home its a phone for the customer not them.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-21-13 08:47 AM
    This is where reps need to leave there personal preferences at home its a phone for the customer not them.
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    cbdwolff7 likes this.
    04-21-13 08:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Would be nice to see what they can come up with.

Sent from the Mother Ship...
    04-21-13 08:54 AM
    is it valid to point out that all the posts so far sound like whining over salespeople? Complaining over tactics? Simpering ninnies have a great Sunday morning and look forward to better understanding salespeople and their temporary tactics.
    04-21-13 08:55 AM
    Just wondering but what kind of phone did that rep personally use? I always ask reps that question

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:58 AM
    I can't upgrade to the Z10 until May 1, but I've made two visits to Verizon stores lately to hopefully see one and play around with it. In both circumstances, the salesperson not only had no clue (which I expected) but challenged me to defend my interest in Blackberry. In both cases I answered with "I'm a Blackberry fan". The first person told me it was good that I couldn't upgrade until May because the Samsung S4 would be out by then and "you'll have a choice". The other questioned why I wasn't "an Android person" and would have continued to challenge if I hadn't told him he could put the Z10 down on top of my PlayBook (with my Torch and Bold sitting nearby).

What completely floors me is both stores had room to display the Z10 but didn't. The first store wouldn't even check in the back to see if they had one in stock - I watched another customer leave angry when told they didn't have any. The second store had the nerve to tell me there wasn't much interest in the Z10...well of course there isn't, stupid, if you don't display it!

As a daily reader of Crackberry, I'm well aware of the situation. This is just a vent, as despite knowing the reality it still annoys me. At this point, I'll probably just order my Z10 off Amazon or the Verizon site just so I don't have to deal with another clueless store representative. Sigh.

On the plus side, I finally got to play with a Z10 Excited for May! I just wish they'd had a white one so I could decide for sure which I want.
    Better answer would have gone like this when challenged about your BB interest:

"If I have to explain, you probably wouldn't understand".

I find that usually works in all situations and shuts the ignorant ones up for good...as well as pissing 'em off!
    Drayk, eephus1, imz and 3 others like this.
    04-21-13 08:59 AM
    ^ lol perfect response..

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:13 AM
    The stores are not the only problem. I contacted 2 app developers (my favorite apps I had on Torch) to ask them when they planned to offer their app for Z10.
    Their answer? "We are waiting to see if BB/Z10 will succeed before we invest time in development.
    I have moved on an am exploring other substitutes with little success. Will keep going back to bug them.
    Same thing with a leather case maker I have been using for years.
    Many seem to have adopt a wait and see approach!
    It's a shame.
    Z10 rocks!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:16 AM
    I'm so happy with my Z10 and I think that the sales people are a bit overwhelmed by the new OS ,eventually when they hv to renew thier personal contracts they will come around.Most of thier piers hv other phones and it will take time for the tide to turn,the phone is so good and fun to use many people will buy one. Rome wasn't built in a day.BB has finally a phone to compete and will succeed they hv to fine tune going forward
    04-21-13 09:35 AM

Sounds like you need to call Verizon and report the retailer. As I am sure it's the same in the US as it is in Canada, store owners have to put up tens of thousands, basically their lives savings, to become a retailer for a carrier. So carriers love to hear which stores aren't pushing their product correctly, and who knows the retailer that you were dealing with may already have several strikes against them that your complaint would simply result in their firing by Verizon.
    04-21-13 09:41 AM
    I went to rogers said gimme a z10, the guy said which color and got it. If anyone had done anything but gone to the back and got my device I wouldn't stand for it. You are the customer and you buy what you want.

Posted via CB10
    Drayk likes this.
    04-21-13 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, an alliance. They could start with a mapping/nav alliance to compete against Google.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-21-13 09:45 AM

04-21-13 09:47 AM
    If you find a black one at a great price, buy it and get a white carbon fiber skin from Phantom Skinz. It's awesome and comes with 2 screen protectors.
    04-21-13 09:49 AM
    I'm on AT&T and have a pretty good relationship with the sales ppl there. I bagg on them all the time about the lack of Z10 love.
    I agree with qbnkelt .... RIM, now BBRY waited too long to get back in the game. The Z10 is a contender. It's going to take a while for this rig to catch on and for BBRY to catch up.....for the public perception to change. I believe in my heart they will chatch on and the perception will change. I also think it's going to take a fair amount of Z10 users to flaunt our devices to help spread the work....
    I tell my employees all the time...."it takes a long time to build a great reputation. It takes a fraction of that time to ruin it"
    BBSpring likes this.
    04-21-13 09:53 AM
    Funny that Verizon rep said SG S4 instead of HTC One....nuff said cause obviously he wants to sell the Samsung name not the best phone for the customer.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 via Crackberry App
    Verizon hasn't officially announced that they will carry the HTC One.
    04-21-13 09:58 AM
    Every carrier has had that problem. Usually because it's young kids who work in the stores.

Telus had a few stores in Toronto that had employees trying to almost refuse purchase of a Z10 to customers when it first came out. They were untrained and didn't know the product.

Hopefully things brighten up over the next few weeks and the US carriers get their butts into the game. Imagine how boring life would be if everyone on the planet had to wear a Nike shoe in either black or white
    04-21-13 10:11 AM
39 12