I have complained to Koodo mobile since Feb 5th about this. I have no H+ in Quebec and some parts of southeast Ontario. It works everywhere else. Anyone else in Quebec having this issue? I don't use 4GLTE, which works wherever there is LTE service on my Z10. I know this is a Koodo issue. I can only get 4G LTE and 3g...nothing in between (H+).
    05-29-13 07:44 PM
    Quebec as in Quebec City? Or the whole province?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:48 PM
    All of Quebec and southeastern Ontario. Works in Sask, Maritimes, and the rest of Ontario, all places I have been in the past few months. I am guessing it works everywhere else in Canada as well.
    05-29-13 09:12 PM
    If you have a Z10, why stick to H+?

To use LTE all day, all you need is a battery bundle for all day BlackBerry fun. Switching batteries and rebooting takes a couple of minutes.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:55 PM
    You do know that H+ is technically 3G?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:29 PM
    I've seen somewhere (and experienced it) that HSPA (4G) is represented by writing 3G with an upper case G, and regular 3G with a lowercase. Weird way of implementing it, but doesn't remove the fact that we have HSPA in Quebec anyway, and LTE in main cities.

Edit: And just saying, my girlfriend has a Q10 on Koodo and it works fine. We don't get LTE here.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:14 PM
    That is extremely weird. I get H+ everywhere, even up at my cottage. LTE most of the time as well. What's your network settings like on the Z10? Did you enable HSPA+? I've never heard this complaint for Koodo before. As you can see in the pic below, I have 4GLTE on Koodo. Maybe your setting is on GSM as outlined in the pic?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 166723
    05-30-13 12:54 AM
    You do know that H+ is technically 3G?

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not. The phone will go into 3G or H+ outside of Quebec and the two are not the same. H+ is a faster version of 3g.
    05-30-13 06:39 AM
    That is extremely weird. I get H+ everywhere, even up at my cottage. LTE most of the time as well. What's your network settings like on the Z10? Did you enable HSPA+? I've never heard this complaint for Koodo before. As you can see in the pic below, I have 4GLTE on Koodo. Maybe your setting is on GSM as outlined in the pic?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 166723
    LTE is no issue, anywhere. What I posted was that in Quebec and southeast Ontario, the Z10 will not display H+, whereas everywhere else, it does. Are you in Quebec? I am set for HSPA/3G etc...not 4G LTE
    05-30-13 06:41 AM
    I'm on Koodo in Quebec. 3G is HSPA+, try running a test at speedtest.net to verify. I get around 18 mbps down, which is pretty damn good!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:39 AM
    Yeah I'm in Montreal and my cottage is just past St Sauveur. I missed the part where you get 4G, so you must not be on the GSM setting. Have you spoken to Koodo about it? This seems like a rare problem. Does it only happen on your Z10? I also had H+ on my 9700, 9320, and now Z10.

Call Koodo tech support. I'm not sure why this could be happening to you.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:40 AM
    I'm on Koodo in Quebec. 3G is HSPA+, try running a test at speedtest.net to verify. I get around 18 mbps down, which is pretty damn good!

Posted via CB10
    You are wrong - and if you read my posts above, you would realize that the two are NOT the same. There is NO way that outside of Quebec, I would see H+ on the phone and inside Quebec, 3g.

@agp101, I did call Koodo several times and they are "looking into it" or "escalating the ticket". Your phone shows H+ in Quebec??? That's strange, considering several people I know with a Z10 on Bell / Virgin and Koodo only show 3g in Quebec. Can you post a screen shot for me?
    05-31-13 06:35 AM
    You are wrong - and if you read my posts above, you would realize that the two are NOT the same. There is NO way that outside of Quebec, I would see H+ on the phone and inside Quebec, 3g.

@agp101, I did call Koodo several times and they are "looking into it" or "escalating the ticket". Your phone shows H+ in Quebec??? That's strange, considering several people I know with a Z10 on Bell / Virgin and Koodo only show 3g in Quebec. Can you post a screen shot for me?
    Sorry to say 3G = HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+

The reason it'd show 3G in one area and H+ in another is because of the cellular tower your connected to has different terminology

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:02 AM
    Koodo mobile - no H+ in Quebec-img_00000361.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:45 AM
    Personally I've never heard of this problem. Not with Bell or virgin or Koodo. I find it weird.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:46 AM
    I would say that if you can only get 3g and not 3G in Qubec, that's a phone related issue and not Koodo. I would try doing a backup and do a security wipe to see if it helps. Your support ticket is already logged in any way, so if they need to work on it and you lose your phone for a good while, you got nothing to lose to try it out.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:29 PM
    This is the 3rd phone so far, all the same. Security wipes done many times. You didn't read the thread carefully...especially where I had posted about others on Bell/ Virgin/ Telus with Z10's having the same exact issue. I would like to see anyone here with a Z10 on either Koodo/ Telus/ Bell or Virgin that can post a screenshot showing H+ while in Quebec. My bet is that no one can. The phone can display H+ as well as 3g OUTSIDE of Quebec. I see H+ all the time, outside of Quebec.

@ agp101, your photo posted shows 3g, not H+
    06-01-13 07:20 AM
    No dude... that is H+ .
    That is how Koodo displays H+. It says 3G and not 3g. Big difference. Not every carrier shows network signals in the same way. If you see 3G with that capital G, you're on H+.

If you're skeptical, just go to speedtest.net and make sure you have Flash enabled in the browser. IMO this is user error thinking people don't have h+ when in fact they do. Do a search on the subject, you'll find a thread explaining how different network types are displayed on the z10 for many different carriers in Canada and around the world.

Again, 3g is just that. 3G is H+, next up would be 4GLTE. The capital G is no coincidence.

I'm pretty sure about this, but this has been my understanding all along.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by agp101; 06-01-13 at 10:18 AM.
    06-01-13 10:08 AM
    Okay so look, what I did was go to Koodo help section and post a thread. You can follow it here:

http://community.koodomobile.com/koo...reply_12169991

It already has a couple replies, so far very positive. As I posted, I get speeds of 25 mbps when it displays H+. That is very high speed. LTE I get up to 50mbps. That's why I think you should go to speedtest.net on your Z10 to check out your speed when it says 3G. If it is over 20mbps, that's H+ speeds. If it is not, make sure you're in a good area. For example I'm at my cottage right now and it says 3G (no LTE here), and a speedtest.net test got me 5mbps, but I'm in a rural lousy area in terms of Internet speed obviously. In Montreal I get the speeds mentioned above. So maybe run the speedtest.net in a good area and check your speed out. FYI though, downtown Montreal gets slow speeds all around, so for a good test you want to make sure you're in a metropolitan, but not anywhere really crowded. 3G only gets me 13mbps downtown and LTE around 25mbps compared to 25 and 50mbps, respectively.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:31 AM