I'm sure I've seen people mention this, but I fund the SEND on the return key too easy to hit in error. I also find both the period and comma hard to hit. I know they are the same size as the letter keys, but they are between larger keys which I think throws me off a bit. My suggestion is to shrink the spacebar a bit and make the comma and period keys bigger. Anyone agree?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:46 AM
    I'm typing this on my z10 and don't have that issue. It all comes down to finger size and the keyboard is perfect for me. Sorry you are having this issue

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:57 AM
    I see what you're saying but I don't agree. I like how it is. Works for me

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:07 AM
    I used to type perfect. But lately I find myself hitting the delete button instead of send. But it only deletes one letter I'm not too worried

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:38 AM
    I used to type perfect. But lately I find myself hitting the delete button instead of send. But it only deletes one letter I'm not too worried

Posted via CB10
    Same here but I'm slowly getting used to it...
    04-25-13 10:42 AM
    The only issues I have with the keyboard is apostrophe, I use it more than a comma. they could swap those or make a gesture like a swipe across the keyboard to the right would be handy.
    oh also the auto correct on the spacebar. I find that I'm accidently changing words. currently the auto correct is touching the space bar while leave it as is requires a swipe up from the spacebar. sometimes I want my words spelled the way I spell it. that needs to be swapped too so that it is consistent with the swiping up on all other letters..
    04-25-13 10:49 AM
    Actually make the swipe from left to right for the comma and make the comma key an apostrophe

via CB10 on ZED10
    04-25-13 04:31 PM
    I don't find it that much of a problem maybe soon the phone will learn you keep making that mistake and change the heat sensors location.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-25-13 10:35 PM
    The only issues I have with the keyboard is apostrophe, I use it more than a comma. they could swap those or make a gesture like a swipe across the keyboard to the right would be handy.
    oh also the auto correct on the spacebar. I find that I'm accidently changing words. currently the auto correct is touching the space bar while leave it as is requires a swipe up from the spacebar. sometimes I want my words spelled the way I spell it. that needs to be swapped too so that it is consistent with the swiping up on all other letters..
    There should be definitely be more customization allowed.
    A work around is that if you're using apostrophes to type things like "It's" or "that's". Then just type it without the apostrophe and it will autocorrect for you. Also, to quickly change to the symbol screen, instead of taping the "?123" symbol, just swipe your finger down on the keyboard. That should change to symbol view for 1 character entry which is in my opinion very convenient and so the apostrophe or the question mark are okay.
    The problem is that personally use the underscore "_" a lot and it's annoying that it's hidden on the second page of symbols. So I have to swipe down twice, or tap the "?123", then tap the "&%" button.
    They should allow us to move symbols and letters around.
    04-25-13 10:46 PM
    When I use to have my iPhone the send key being beside the text would drive me crazy because it was so far away. I love the current position of the send key on the z10

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:49 PM
    Actually I the idea with the auto correct on the space bar is to allow someone to type really fast and pressing the space bar would "Select" the corrected word so that the person won't have to stop and choose of flick. I don't use much the flick when I type with two thumbs

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:52 PM
    There should be definitely be more customization allowed.
    A work around is that if you're using apostrophes to type things like "It's" or "that's". Then just type it without the apostrophe and it will autocorrect for you. Also, to quickly change to the symbol screen, instead of taping the "?123" symbol, just swipe your finger down on the keyboard. That should change to symbol view for 1 character entry which is in my opinion very convenient and so the apostrophe or the question mark are okay.
    The problem is that personally use the underscore "_" a lot and it's annoying that it's hidden on the second page of symbols. So I have to swipe down twice, or tap the "?123", then tap the "&%" button.
    They should allow us to move symbols and letters around.
    Use the auto complete function! You can replace some letters with underscore... so you won't have to go to the symbols sections so often

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:04 PM
    Send placement right next to the erase button is ******* annoying
    04-25-13 11:04 PM
    I don't find it that much of a problem maybe soon the phone will learn you keep making that mistake and change the heat sensors location.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    Prior to the release of the Z10, I recall watching a demonstration video where the guy mentioned this feature on the keyboard. Once I got the Z10 and had a few moments where I was accidentally sending incomplete texts, it had me wondering whether it was the Z10 that had this feature and would eventually learn the placement of fingers, along with the the mistake that had been corrected and adjust to it. Unfortunately, I don't recall which phone was in the video, as it was awhile. I think it was either the Z10 or Lumia, as those were the only 2 phones to be introduced, at the time.

When I first got the phone, I actually sent a person one message, which was sent in about 6 separate text, because, as a preferred one hand user, I kept hitting send, before I could finish my message.

Hopefully, a later version of the of the OS will implement Suretype from the legacy OS, for us one handers, as it was much more efficient when using one hand, with fewer and bigger keys. I did submit a request to BB to include it as a feature, in addition to adding a bumper zone to the Send key.

Maybe, replacing the comma and period keys, with swappable/customizable keys, might be a good idea,,
    04-25-13 11:05 PM
    I read the other day that they're some improvements coming to the keyboard in the upcoming update. . One of them had to do with the send key. If I remember it correctly, the send key will be smaller.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 11:21 PM