06-21-13 12:20 PM
    So according to this, even the AT&T update today would still have phones reboot since it's 2006?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 12:24 PM
    yes it's been known for a while that all 2xxx builds have fixed the rebooting issue,
    06-21-13 12:37 PM
    So according to this, even the AT&T update today would still have phones reboot since it's 2006?

Posted via CB10
    No 2006 is software version, it OS version I believe is 2054 or something like that
    LewLew23 likes this.
    06-21-13 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I assume the OS for software release is above 2050 (ie my 10.0.9.422 software release has an OS of 10.0.9.2743). Someone from AT&T should verify.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    06-21-13 12:42 PM
    Oh whoops my bad. Thanks guys

At first I wasn't annoyed at the reboots because it would be maybe once overnight. But now it's like 5 times a day. Bring on the 2050!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 12:44 PM
    It hasn't happened to mine since I upgraded to 10.1. I'm with Tmobile.
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    06-21-13 12:54 PM
    Release 2006 is OS 2025. Do not fear, it has fixed it dead on for me!

Either the 2050 statement is a precaution, a generalization, or adds additional fixes to the "other", seemingly more rare cause of random reboots.

I have seen only one person mention one reboot on 2025.

~STV
    06-22-13 04:35 AM
    first of all i do not have the random reboot problem... but for those who do this is an incomplete solution... bb is telling them update OS to version 2050 or later... but where is the link to the OS update... how is one suppose to get that or higher update, and when is that update going to be released by bb and then ultimately pushed by the carriers... those who have this issue want an immediate solution... it's the same as saying we know the problem, we are working on the cure, it will be in a future OS update of 2050 and above so keep waiting...
    bb needs to put a link there for the official os release based on either carrier or region... so that users get an instant fix, or at least say that go install a leaked OS 2050 or higher... till the official OS is available :-)
    06-23-13 04:01 AM
    first of all i do not have the random reboot problem... but for those who do this is an incomplete solution... bb is telling them update OS to version 2050 or later... but where is the link to the OS update... how is one suppose to get that or higher update, and when is that update going to be released by bb and then ultimately pushed by the carriers... those who have this issue want an immediate solution... it's the same as saying we know the problem, we are working on the cure, it will be in a future OS update of 2050 and above so keep waiting...
    bb needs to put a link there for the official os release based on either carrier or region... so that users get an instant fix, or at least say that go install a leaked OS 2050 or higher... till the official OS is available :-)
    BlackBerry have already pushed the update and had done when they released the note I think, it's up to carriers to then test it and push it to your device (as you said), they're the reason that the reboots haven't been fixed yet. It's a shame but I actually quite like how they make sure everything is working before sending it to the user, it helps prevent future problems

In the meantime you can always install one of the leaks from the forums without having to wait for the carriers (but do so at your own risk of course)

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-23-13 04:09 AM
    It is complete as far as BB is concerned. Now it is up to the carrier to test and distribute. You may think otherwise, however that is not relevant. It would be great if incremental updates were possible but BB has not gotten that far just yet. They still think the only way to update is full OS. They never heard of CyanogenMOD apparently.
    06-23-13 04:13 AM
    actually quite like how they make sure everything is working before sending it to the user, it helps prevent future problems
    Eh...no it freakin' doesn't lol.

~STV
    wtz11 likes this.
    06-23-13 05:49 AM
    Eh...no it freakin' doesn't lol.

~STV
    Well it's supposed to. A lot of the time it doesn't, but it keeps us on the edge of our seats. Perfection is boring

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:42 AM
    Late posting to this thead.... but that is just awesome that this issue is fixed!! Was worried it was a hardware issue, but looks like it is software.

Now when is this update coming? My girlfriend gets this issue here and there. Was never a deal breaker, but was not fun.
    06-26-13 06:30 PM
    Late posting to this thead.... but that is just awesome that this issue is fixed!! Was worried it was a hardware issue, but looks like it is software.

Now when is this update coming? My girlfriend gets this issue here and there. Was never a deal breaker, but was not fun.
    You do not have to wait for your carrier to release 10.1. Go to the BB10 OS leak section of this thread. There is a thread that is titled something like 10.1.0.2354 and Autoloader. Very easy to do. Works great.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    lsf222 likes this.
    06-26-13 06:51 PM
    You do not have to wait for your carrier to release 10.1. Go to the BB10 OS leak section of this thread. There is a thread that is titled something like 10.1.0.2354 and Autoloader. Very easy to do. Works great.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Shouldn't have to use leaks...
    06-26-13 07:13 PM
    Shouldn't have to use leaks...
    No one said you have to use a leak. You just need to make a choice. Use a leak or wait for your carrier to approve an update to fix what others are already using to fix their errors.

Your choice.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:24 PM
    There are a lot if theories about the reboot, but I think (based upon an accident) that the reboot is the result of the cpu temp reaching the end of its threshold before triggering a reboot.

Earlier this week, while ironing some shirts, I accidently placed one of the shirts on top of the phone. When the morning radio show I was listening to stopped playing, my first thought wad that I lost my connection as its been awhile since I've had a reboot. I proceeded to lift up the shirt that covered the phone and saw a wave of steam go across the phone as I lifted the shirt.... low and behold, I had lost my connection because my phone is going through a reboot.

I think that later OS releases reduce the frequency of reboots by doing a better job of managing the CPU temp and processes resulting from software or hardware that causes the temp to rise compared to earlier releases.

No daggers please as I realize that my theory is based upon an unscientific event. Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:27 PM
    There are a lot if theories about the reboot, but I think (based upon an accident) that the reboot is the result of the cpu temp reaching the end of its threshold before triggering a reboot.

Earlier this week, while ironing some shirts, I accidently placed one of the shirts on top of the phone. When the morning radio show I was listening to stopped playing, my first thought wad that I lost my connection as its been awhile since I've had a reboot. I proceeded to lift up the shirt that covered the phone and saw a wave of steam go across the phone as I lifted the shirt.... low and behold, I had lost my connection because my phone is going through a reboot.

I think that later OS releases reduce the frequency of reboots by doing a better job of managing the CPU temp and processes resulting from software or hardware that causes the temp to rise compared to earlier releases.

No daggers please as I realize that my theory is based upon an unscientific event. Z10

Posted via CB10
    You are probably right. Most of my reboots happen when my Z10 is charging and it reaches it's full charge, at which point it starts to get a little hot.
    06-26-13 07:34 PM
    Nice info..thx

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:08 PM
    Never rebooted. Never had an leaked os, always waited for carrier release. And no android ports - they make the phone unstable.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:15 PM
    I never had a random reboot since March 26th. Sideloaded apps and everything.

T-Mobile

Posted via that thing
    06-29-13 10:26 PM