What a life saver! Away on business and stuck in a boring hotel with very limited TV offerings.
    I have just fired up the Netflix app and connected via HDMI cable to the TV. Plug and play - and a total game changer for this evening and my business travel in generel

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:38 AM
    Yep, HDMI is a beautiful thing!
    03-12-14 11:41 AM
    SUper! Gonna take it along on my next trip as well.!
    03-12-14 11:41 AM
    that function is just great. I use Remote access a lot to stream over 1tb or videos ))))))
    03-12-14 11:51 AM
    SUper! Gonna take it along on my next trip as well.!
    Do go cheap when buying the cable. Get one of the 3-4 meter ones. This will allow you to navigate Netflix from bed

Posted via CB10
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    03-12-14 12:46 PM
    Yesssss!!!!!

Trusted Member Genius
    03-12-14 02:18 PM
    Hi everybody.
    My experience with connecting my Z10 to the TV via HDMI was great too! But I had one minor issue after I unplugged it.
    I couldnt use the feature "tap to open" an email on the lock screen. I was taping it but nothing was happening. A restart fixed it.
    Can you guys check if you can use the feature "Tap to Open" after you disconnect your BB10 from your monitor/TV?

Thank you all in advance!
    03-12-14 03:25 PM
    Hi everybody.
    My experience with connecting my Z10 to the TV via HDMI was great too! But I had one minor issue after I unplugged it.
    I couldnt use the feature "tap to open" an email on the lock screen. I was taping it but nothing was happening. A restart fixed it.
    Can you guys check if you can use the feature "Tap to Open" after you disconnect your BB10 from your monitor/TV?

Thank you all in advance!
    Hey,
    I just tried and I do not have that issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:37 PM
    Hey,
    I just tried and I do not have that issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you !
    So there might be a hickup with my installation/device.
    I just installed *.2142 and I ll test it again once I go home.
    03-12-14 05:18 PM
    That hiccup happens once in a while to me with all toast notifications. Comes and goes really. Usually if I get two different notifications and I can click one, then the other one will get working again
    03-12-14 05:51 PM
    Use it all the time. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:21 PM
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but have a cable (a very short one) so have not tested the HDMI yet. Do you stream using WIFI to the hotel to? My data plan is limited so just wondered.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:39 PM
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but have a cable (a very short one) so have not tested the HDMI yet. Do you stream using WIFI to the hotel to? My data plan is limited so just wondered.

Posted via CB10
    I've watched Netflix using hotel wifi. Obviously experience is going depend on the hotel's wifi but my experience has been great.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 10:02 PM
    I've watched Netflix using hotel wifi. Obviously experience is going depend on the hotel's wifi but my experience has been great.
    Posted via CB10
    Not silly at all. You can use hotel wifi. I never do just because of security issues. I have unlimited data plus download whatever I want on trips.

HDMI Is one of my favorite features. Of course the best way to do it is to tether a PlayBook then relax on the bed using Bridge to my Z10 to review my presentation for the next day, check email, then watch a movie.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    03-12-14 10:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use hotel wifi. Last night it work out great.

Edit: auto correct

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:24 AM
    Not silly at all. You can use hotel wifi. I never do just because of security issues. I have unlimited data plus download whatever I want on trips.

HDMI Is one of my favorite features. Of course the best way to do it is to tether a PlayBook then relax on the bed using Bridge to my Z10 to review my presentation for the next day, check email, then watch a movie.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    This.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    03-13-14 01:29 AM
    Love this, both for watching Netflix and movies available online, as well as playing games!

Only option I'd like to see is a way to expand the image when using my Q10 plugged with HDMI. As it transfers the image just as is, it kind of looks smallish.

Best I've come up with is to change the image size option on the TV itself. Any other suggestions?

Posted with my awesome Q10!
    03-13-14 01:41 AM
    Cable length doesn't seem to be a problem for me... I got a Samsung VG-KBD1500 bluetooth keyboard! Remote control for most of the phone! I got it last weekend, and got my HDMI cable the week before that...

Surf on my phone from my chair on the big screen is surreal.
    03-13-14 08:22 PM
    I've never been able to get hdmi to work.. I play a video, and select "play on" and I can see the TV connection. The phone screen changes and a volume bar comes up yet the TV always shows "no connection" and sound and video only play on the phone. I tried 3 different TVs and my hdmi cable is an expensive one from best buy. Any ideas?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-13-14 09:33 PM
    I've never been able to get hdmi to work.. I play a video, and select "play on" and I can see the TV connection. The phone screen changes and a volume bar comes up yet the TV always shows "no connection" and sound and video only play on the phone. I tried 3 different TVs and my hdmi cable is an expensive one from best buy. Any ideas?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    With the hdmi cable, you don't need to use playon, instead you go into your settings and turn on the hdmi there. Then you should see the display, start your video and then it should start playing, once that happens you can hit a square in the corner and have the ability to have the movie keep playing but use the phone for other things, true multitasking!!!!!

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-13-14 10:30 PM
    Agree that the HDMI is awesome. Bought loads of the movies when they were going for 79p at Christmas - great value.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:12 AM