Wow this new OS 10.2.1.1925 with snap is awesome. I was a little concerned loading it on to my Z30 so I put it on the Z10 what an amazing upgrade. How is the battery life and any thing negative about this OS? Going to this for a few days to see how I like it.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:56 PM
    The battery life will make you miss your Z30. Tremendously.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:21 PM
    Yes I'm starting to see that now. Just took it off charger dropped 5% in 10 minutes of use! I forgot how horrible this thing is on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:36 PM
    If you just installed the leak, then obviously the OS has not had sufficient time to settle/index.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:39 PM
    It's simply terrible for battery life, my phone dies within 5 hours of full charge with mediocre use

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:56 PM
    Really Cool how many apps you can download right unto the Z10 no more side loading! The Google store is awesome! I'll use this for the weekend and if it's brutal on battery I will download the 10.2.1.1925 for my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:59 PM
    Get back to us on how the battery is in a few days. I loaded it a few weeks backs and initially the battery was crap but after a couple days I'm doing OK on it. It's not a z30 battery but I'm not dropping 5 points in a few seconds.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:03 PM
    Great idea trying the leak on the 10.
    I should do the sane as I have never done a leak....

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:04 PM
    The coolest option is when you swipe up the battery icon turns into a % which is amazing! Also the ton of extras added on just fine tune an already awesome OS ! Good job BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    rayzian likes this.
    01-17-14 11:12 PM
    If you just installed the leak, then obviously the OS has not had sufficient time to settle/index.

Posted via CB10
    Lol no, the battery life is just that terrible. As a chronic leak installer, I'm not talking about the transient 48 hours of higher battery usage when I said it'd make him miss his Z30. It's honestly that much of a difference and why I'm seriously considering paying full retail to get the Z30 myself.

The coolest option is when you swipe up the battery icon turns into a % which is amazing! Also the ton of extras added on just fine tune an already awesome OS ! Good job BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Lol you have no idea... you'll be very impressed with what they've packed in the 10.2.1 build series once you discover everything for yourself (or peak into the tips/tricks thread).

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:46 PM
    Great idea trying the leak on the 10.
    I should do the sane as I have never done a leak....

Posted via CB10
    Do it! 1925 Rocks!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol...i didn't even notice that one.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:50 PM
    Batter life is Amazing in my Z10. Seriously! Im on official 10.2.

The battery life will make you miss your Z30. Tremendously.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by arvind1983; 01-18-14 at 06:16 PM. Reason: mistyped 12.2 instead of 10.2
    00stryder and RedFoxOne like this.
    01-18-14 12:41 AM
    Lol no, the battery life is just that terrible. As a chronic leak installer, I'm not talking about the transient 48 hours of higher battery usage when I said it'd make him miss his Z30. It's honestly that much of a difference and why I'm seriously considering paying full retail to get the Z30 myself.
    You cannot compare the battery life between the z10 and z30...obviously the z30 will last longer with the larger battery capacity.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:54 AM
    I have both as well. I switch back and forth a lot. Since we seem to be talking about battery life alot - here is another thought. I have 3 extra batteries. It may seem strange - but I really get a sense of confidence when I can simply carry fully charged batteries in my backpack and know that I can have a full charge at any moment. What it means is, I can use every battery down to the end, because I know I can just pop another one in.

I get about 7 hrs on one. So having 3 more is overkill. But it works well for me. And every time i just pop another battery in, every iphone user is jealous. I know, because they say so.

Or, the iphone users carry their phones in those stupid mophie packs - which make their phones enormous - and hide the "incrediblly beautiful design" of the iphone. What a crock.
    FF22 and 00stryder like this.
    01-18-14 01:21 AM
    I have 3 extra batteries. It may seem strange - but I really get a sense of confidence when I can simply carry fully charged batteries in my backpack and know that I can have a full charge at any moment.
    Exactly. I personally have no issues swapping a battery and don't really understand the demand to not have to (personally) -- assuming the phone does not have a sealed in battery. Batteries are small. Boot time is very acceptable -- unlike the BBOS on the older phones.

That said I make it through a day on my Z10 on one charge and only carry my spare when I think I will be in low signal areas and need prolonged use (trade shows/conferences, and ski trips mainly).
    01-18-14 01:28 AM
    Really Cool how many apps you can download right unto the Z10 no more side loading! The Google store is awesome! I'll use this for the weekend and if it's brutal on battery I will download the 10.2.1.1925 for my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Load the new radio file for better battery life http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-4-z30-891107/

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-18-14 02:00 AM
    I can't believe all the amazing apps I found in the Google play store. This is truly amazing to have all the original apps as well as ones I could only get on my iPad. This takes the BlackBerry to a whole new level! They need to get this update out ASAP! I'm kind of loving the small size and how crisp the screen is on the Z10! Glad I kept it. This needs to be loaded on to my Z30 but I'm going to wait until the official drops for my Z30. I will use my Z10 until then.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 08:10 AM
    Batter life is Amazing in my Z10. Seriously! Im on official 12.2.
    Lol almost didn't catch that!

You cannot compare the battery life between the z10 and z30...obviously the z30 will last longer with the larger battery capacity.

Posted via CB10
    Only... this is a thread the OP made to describe his experience going from one to the other, and subsequently loading the 10.2.1 leak onto it (i.e. the Z10). I responded by saying that the battery life on the Z10 - with 10.2.1 loaded AND coming directly from using a Z30 - will make him miss his Z30 tremendously.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Z10 and was an early adopter (well, as "early" as you can be in the US). I Pre-ordered two devices from Verizon the morning that they made them available. At the same time, despite the removable battery, the Z10 leaves a lot to be desired in terms of lasting through the day on the latest leak, even with only modest usage (the screen seems to be the culprit even when the brightness is dropped to zero like mine currently is).

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:06 AM
    Lol almost didn't catch that!

Only... this is a thread the OP made to describe his experience going from one to the other, and subsequently loading the 10.2.1 leak onto it (i.e. the Z10). I responded by saying that the battery life on the Z10 - with 10.2.1 loaded AND coming directly from using a Z30 - will make him miss his Z30 tremendously.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Z10 and was an early adopter (well, as "early" as you can be in the US). I Pre-ordered two devices from Verizon the morning that they made them available. At the same time, despite the removable battery, the Z10 leaves a lot to be desired in terms of lasting through the day on the latest leak, even with only modest usage (the screen seems to be the culprit even when the brightness is dropped to zero like mine currently is).

Posted via CB10
    So very true! Call a spade a spade. The Z10 battery life is deplorable! I took it off the charger this morning around 7:30 browsed a bit did some surfing hit the gym for 2 hours listening to music with a bit of BBM and texting and two phone calls it's now 11:55 and my battery is at 62% that's brutal. I've hardly used it. I'm a very heavy user on my Z30 during the business day. Anyway it's known and no use flogging a dead horse. I'm just glad I put the leak on! Wow as I was typing this I had an incoming phone call. I LOVE the new call screen swipe left or right not up or down! This OS is the bees knees!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-18-14 11:00 AM
    So very true! Call a spade a spade. The Z10 battery life is deplorable! I took it off the charger this morning around 7:30 browsed a bit did some surfing hit the gym for 2 hours listening to music with a bit of BBM and texting and two phone calls it's now 11:55 and my battery is at 62% that's brutal. I've hardly used it. I'm a very heavy user on my Z30 during the business day. Anyway it's known and no use flogging a dead horse. I'm just glad I put the leak on! Wow as I was typing this I had an incoming phone call. I LOVE the new call screen swipe left or right not up or down! This OS is the bees knees!

Posted via CB10

I'm not much of a fan of the new call screen, but to each their own. Glad you're enjoying the OS though, it's fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:09 AM
    When I installed 1925 my battery went through the floor. Really bad. I don't use it at work cuz I have a works bb, it just sits there but it just drains down to 20% on its own. Last week I tried turning to 2g only and that made a huge difference! This sometimes happens when in a bad reception area but I normally get good H at 4 bars so no sure why the drain.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:33 AM
    When I installed 1925 my battery went through the floor. Really bad. I don't use it at work cuz I have a works bb, it just sits there but it just drains down to 20% on its own. Last week I tried turning to 2g only and that made a huge difference! This sometimes happens when in a bad reception area but I normally get good H at 4 bars so no sure why the drain.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the radio is very efficient, to be honest. I was very disappointed when I learned that they didn't get the Paratek radios into the Z10 or Q10 as I suspect that changing reception quality significantly impacts the Z10 battery. Despite that though, the biggest drain on .1925 for me continues to be the display.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand this 'settle' or 'index' time required nonsense.

As soon as you re boot, and the phone is loaded, indexing is complete.

Your phone doesn't mysteriously index or settle anything. It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 02:45 PM
    I don't understand this 'settle' or 'index' time required nonsense.

As soon as you re boot, and the phone is loaded, indexing is complete.

Your phone doesn't mysteriously index or settle anything. It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure about that? I'm only asking because we've been told by the very people who have provided said OS leaks that such is the case. On top of that, any software that actively retrieves, stores, and organizes vast amounts of data - inherently dependent upon the number/types of accounts that are being synced - is going to impose a significant burden on the cpu and indirectly on power usage. This applies to any OS or program and not just BB10.

So I'm not sure where you're getting your information from...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 04:15 PM
31 12