So I was trying to be a good customer and have AT&T unlock my phone for me so I can get a SIM from Canada to then give myself the 10.2 upgrade, needless to say they said I couldn't because I was still under contract with them. (I guess I'll have to go the "normal" route and unlock my phone)

But then I asked about why isn't that we haven't gotten 10.2 when the rest of the world has already gotten it? And she said this" Any updates that go through the wireless device is pushed through the blackberry server and
    If the fcc hasnít approved the upgrade yet then BB will say AT&T is the problem. If itís a carrier update then weíll release it, but if itís a software update that comes from the manufacturer then you all will wait for BB to release it.
    So theyíre saying that the FCC and BB are the problem not the carrier."

Is this the common understanding amongst the crackberry community or no?
    12-05-13 02:29 PM
    Interesting. FCC has to approve carrier updates for phone OSes?
    12-05-13 02:33 PM
    I feel like that's not a very accurate statement as AT&T does test the os and load bloatware on it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:36 PM
    Lol BS

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-05-13 02:37 PM
    I spoke to AT&T at length when I was first waiting for them to push a 10.1 update. The lady I spoke with at AT&T put me on hold while she called the customer rep at Blackberry. Blackberry told her, while I was listening, that they were working on getting the update out and that it was expected soon. So, your information would tend to fit with my prior experience. I, however, gave up waiting on AT&T and opted to load leaks from the CrackBerry web site. I have never been sorry that I went that route. I am now using 10.2.1.1055 (a leak) and could not be happier. It has some great new features that I find very useful and decent battery life including, but not limited to, an updated camera with face focus and a nifty quick settings menu that has never been seen on any earlier release. I highly recommend it.
    12-05-13 02:43 PM
    So I was trying to be a good customer and have AT&T unlock my phone for me so I can get a SIM from Canada to then give myself the 10.2 upgrade, needless to say they said I couldn't because I was still under contract with them. (I guess I'll have to go the "normal" route and unlock my phone)

But then I asked about why isn't that we haven't gotten 10.2 when the rest of the world has already gotten it? And she said this" Any updates that go through the wireless device is pushed through the blackberry server and
    If the fcc hasn’t approved the upgrade yet then BB will say AT&T is the problem. If it’s a carrier update then we’ll release it, but if it’s a software update that comes from the manufacturer then you all will wait for BB to release it.
    So they’re saying that the FCC and BB are the problem not the carrier."

Is this the common understanding amongst the crackberry community or no?
    Have you looked into Sachesi? You can basically use it (as I understnad it) to get the update from another carrier without the need for unlocking and different SIM cards. Smarter folk than I can direct you to the appropriate thread(s) I'm sure if you are interested.
    anthonygmcdonald likes this.
    12-05-13 03:16 PM
    Have you looked into Sachesi? You can basically use it (as I understnad it) to get the update from another carrier without the need for unlocking and different SIM cards. Smarter folk than I can direct you to the appropriate thread(s) I'm sure if you are interested.
    On AT&T here. Sachesi was easy to do.

Posted via CB10
    anthonygmcdonald likes this.
    12-05-13 07:54 PM
    12-05-13 08:09 PM
    They're passing the buck.

Welcome to PTCRB

What's this website?
    Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:58 AM