I have installed the latest leak on an STL 004.

Almost an hour ago I submitted 2 items to Paper Karma. I then closed the app and went on about my business. Out of nowhere, I get the notification shown in the pic.

Is this new in the latest leak? I didn't think I could get Android app notifications unless it was open in at least an Active Frame.

EDIT: CB app wasn't letting me attach the screenshot, even though it said it had included it.
    04-20-13 10:00 PM
    I don't think this is anything major, I've been getting them all along from ported apps that weren't open as active frames.
    zehkaiser likes this.
    04-20-13 10:03 PM
    I believe that if you run any android app, then the runtime kicks in, and you can get notifications from android apps.

As soon as you close all android apps, the runtime turns off.

Now, assuming you weren't running an android app at the time you got the notifications, there is apparently a glitch that sometimes keeps the runtime from closing, as such it was running, and you got notifications.

This is just behavior I've noticed from earlier firmwares. Perhaps the new build does have some changes in that area.

Hopefully, it does. I would like to see it working.

Posted via TimeMachine
    04-20-13 10:11 PM
    Ironically, Android apps actually CAN run in the background.

I had a problem with ads from a game I downloaded, bombarding me with 3rd party ads once.
    I no longer roll my eyes at other users complaining about unnecessary permissions.
    04-20-13 10:15 PM
    I've seen that behavior in a bad way from King Fighter 3 both on the Z10 and on the PlayBook. Fun game but it spams you with ads for android apps you can't install anyway, even when the app is closed.
    04-20-13 10:20 PM
    I was using the PhotoBucket app to upload some pics and decided I would close it and wait until I got home on wifi. Even though I closed the app and only had BBM and Hub++ opened, it continued to upload the pics.
    04-20-13 11:21 PM
    I was using the PhotoBucket app to upload some pics and decided I would close it and wait until I got home on wifi. Even though I closed the app and only had BBM and Hub++ opened, it continued to upload the pics.
    Update that profile, with pride! You ain't got no Bold no mo'! LoL...

Apologies for semi-off-topic, but:
    How is sideloaded Photobucket app anyway?
    04-21-13 12:56 AM
    Update that profile, with pride! You ain't got no Bold no mo'! LoL...

Apologies for semi-off-topic, but:
    How is sideloaded Photobucket app anyway?
    It seems Ok. I just use it to upload photos from my phone and PB.
    04-21-13 10:42 AM
    Well, just received a text from T-Mo that I'm about to use up all my high speed data. Checked my Photobucket acct and there's several dozen videos, both old and new that uploaded while I was out. I even turned off the upload videos option and deleted vids from the queue and restarted the app. I had to log out of the app to stop it from uploading...
    04-21-13 03:47 PM
    It hast been told numerous times
    Android apps run in the background because the Android runtime never closes unless you reboot the phone or suck down the ram.
    04-21-13 03:49 PM
    I also downloaded so many tasks, notes, reminder application from Android sideloading for my business activities but only pop up show in icons ,which is not just for me, were blackberry app world as not so much variety application, so is there any chance to use a notification from Android application. If it possible suggest how to use.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:01 PM
    It seems Ok. I just use it to upload photos from my phone and PB.
    With the CB 10 app and its Attach function for posting, I have rarely missed having a Photobucket app.

I was mostly using it to upload screenshots from legacy BBOS devices and easily get the image URL with [img] tags.

On my Z10, I have also added Photobucket to my Contacts with their direct email address for uploading into my album, so composing a new email and attaching whatever I want is easy too.

This is how you CB10, son!
    04-21-13 05:33 PM
    With the CB 10 app and its Attach function for posting, I have rarely missed having a Photobucket app.

I was mostly using it to upload screenshots from legacy BBOS devices and easily get the image URL with [url] tags.

On my Z10, I have also added Photobucket to my Contacts with their direct email address for uploading into my album, so composing a new email and attaching whatever I want is easy too.

That's how YOU CB, Gramps.

I don't CB much from my phone or my PB for that matter. I also use the pictures for things besides CB. I've used the email addy for years but like the app for doing multi uploads and as something of a backup for the pics on my devices. I just switched to the new T-Mo plan, so it is the first time in years that I've been subject to a data cap (of sorts).
    04-21-13 06:30 PM
    That's how YOU CB, Gramps.
    Bah humbug!
    All these hooligans with their hippity-hoppity music and their phones with new fangled games... grumble, grumble!

Come on, I'm still in my thirties...

:'(

04-21-13 07:08 PM
    That's how YOU CB, Gramps boy.
    Come on, I'm still in my thirties...

:'(
    FIFY
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-21-13 07:26 PM
    FIFY
    * BBM hug*