Been watching YouTube on the latest phones and I got attracted to small bezels...Am sure that small bezels are the way to attract peoples I know that bb10 can't because it uses them but look at the Q10 they are very small from bottom and right and left .....
    Look at the LG G2 it looks so beautiful....

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    08-30-13 08:10 PM
    Fetishist? G2 looks like your every day Android phone. As in, boring.
    Last edited by scrannel; 08-31-13 at 12:57 AM.
    08-30-13 08:16 PM
    I agree the bezel is way to big on the Z10 and am very glad its smalled on the Z30
    08-30-13 08:18 PM
    I wish the side bezels on the Z10 were just a little bit bigger. Helps a lot with landscape apps.
    DFalbru21 likes this.
    08-30-13 08:20 PM
    Interesting - I actually appreciate the bezel on the z10 as it serves to frame the screen, providing a separation from distracting surroundings. Much easier to focus on the screen image.

Same goes with TV but if you have a plain wall you can go with a thin bezel.

To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 08:28 PM
    Yeah I actually like it with the bezel on the z10 adds a nice grip to it too

Posted via CB10
    mbilloo likes this.
    08-30-13 08:44 PM
    Yeah bezel size is whats holding the Z10 sales back! lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-30-13 08:50 PM
    Been watching YouTube on the latest phones and I got attracted to small bezels...Am sure that small bezels are the way to attract peoples I know that bb10 can't because it uses them but look at the Q10 they are very small from bottom and right and left .....
    Look at the LG G2 it looks so beautiful....

Posted via CB10
    They do look nice. I recently purchased a Motorola RAZR i and it has an almost edge to edge display as well. This is a phone in a smaller body compared to the Z10 in everyway. Width, height, and even thickness. Yet the screen is 4.3", and it has a 2000mah battery. the size is more like an iphone 5 really. I am in the camp wishing the Z10 has smaller bezels. 4.2" in a RAZR i body.

While using Google apps on the RAZR i, I had no issues swiping from the edge of the screen to get to the menu drawer at all despite the small bezel.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:00 PM
    If the bezels were smaller on the sides, how would you be able to swipe up to minimise an app and go back to the home screen while the app is in landscape mode?

I would imagine the top bezel can be made smaller by moving the senors and camera to where the ear piece is, similar placement to HTC One, and move the power button to the side, below the volume buttons. The bottom bezel can be smaller too if the logo wasn't so big.
    08-30-13 11:16 PM
    As long as there is a bezel software can detect when only a portion of your finger is touching the screen, say detect a half circle at screen edge.
    08-30-13 11:34 PM
    No bezel, no workie...gesture based phone...remember?

Trusted Member
    08-31-13 06:26 AM
    Well am not saying that because of the bezels it didn't sell well. Am just saying it's one of the features this people are looking for.
    Look at the Q10 bezels look how thing the bottom is equal to sides...

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:28 AM
    No bezel, no workie...gesture based phone...remember?

Trusted Member
    It doesn't have to really be outside of the screen. It can perhaps have a few column of pixel within the display that will detect the gesture much like how iOS and android does it. Then with the use of a glass that curves around into the sides, not only will it give a sense of a smaller bezel, it could help with the gestures too. There are definitely ways to get around to fit a smaller bezel. The Z30 uses smaller bezels too.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:58 AM