Buy a Playbook charger, it is a better charger for this device.
    01-23-14 06:48 AM
    First thing to do, keep it wrapped in the factory packaging, send it back..... I jest!

Its a great phone, just open the box and marvel at what a nice solid phone it is. Then spend some time learning the gestures, won't take long to have it mastered!

Then install the 10.2.1 leak..... its a piece of cake and well worth the update!

Battery life may be your only gripe.... 2 options, but some big ungainly turtle back battery and cover thing! Or the second option read the forum for suggestion of how to eak out ever last mah of energy from the battery! I've found with tweaking you can extend the life of the battery quite a bit, still hunting the elusive 24hours though.
    01-23-14 08:04 AM
    Call your mom

Install any available official updates

Do not install leaks until you a very familiar with his it works in a stable OS

I am 6 months without a case or screen protector.

Go to the online video tutorials on the BlackBerry website.

Get tips from @blackberry and @blackberryhelp . Also there are top and shortcut threads here as well. There are a lot of shortcuts.

It didn't take me two weeks but it is different and will take at least a few days. Get used to the keyboard. Every word in this paragraph was flicked up from the keyboard.

Have fun. Soon you'll be twitchy when it's not in your hands

Posted via CB10
    andre3030 likes this.
    01-23-14 08:08 AM
    1) unbox and play. 15-30 minutes
    2)familiarize yourself with the gesture. - 15 minutes
    3) load 10.2.1.1925 - really enjoy your phone and all that it is supposed to have been.
    enjoy till the next good leak comes out but as of right now no need to do anything till 10.3 is stable otherwise it is not worth updating. Benefits of new features to issues / bug is not worth it.
    01-23-14 08:14 AM
    The Z10 is fresh out the box!!

Played with it for a couple of hours now and I'm loving it so far.
    The gestures, feel and look.
    Just Amazing!!

I think the size and grip is so much better than the iPhone 5, and still it has the solid Blackberry feel to it.

Installed the latest official OS update 10.2.0.429. I installed over Wi-Fi so I guess we're not Carrier dependent regarding updates? I think I'm going to wait for the official 10.2.1 though.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:51 PM
    Just do t cry at battery life. I'm sure BlackBerry will have an update to help tweak thing a bit.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 06:50 PM
    Buy the Charging Bundle. It is really nice to have a few extra batteries when you're in front of Apple users, lol.

Posted Via Z10
    andre3030 likes this.
    01-24-14 08:22 PM
    T torrent works great. Sideload using Snap and enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    andre3030 likes this.
    01-25-14 01:23 AM
    This is horrible advice! You're telling someone who hasn't used a BB10 device to install a beta OS right away. If this person does that and has issues after, he/she has no ability to make comparisons too. They would never have been familiarized with 10.1 or 10.2 and therefore, wouldn't know what was an OS function or legitimate issue.

OP as others have suggested, use the phone as is with an official OS update until you're familiar with BB10 as an OS. Then once you're comfortable, move to 10.2.1.1926 as its a stable beta OS version. I suspect by the time you get used to using BB10, 10.2.1 might become official.

Posted via CB10
    DO NOT LOAD 1926!!! IT IS A DEV OS!!! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE CALLS!!! Verizon has officially released 10.2.1.1925. Yes 1925 not 1926. If you load a leaked os, load the correct one for your version phone. IE: STL100-4 Or STL100-1 depending on the carrier you are on...

Trusted Member Genius
    andre3030 likes this.
    01-25-14 09:13 AM
    OP; hows your experience. I believe you're already an expert of your phone. Probably lots of imported apps from android as well eh?

Once you opened the box may I know at what percentage your battery is? Do you resist the temptation and charge it to max before even turn it on?

I will receive mine in two days and as far as I'm concerned the latest update is yet to kick off here ...but rest assured it will not be 10.0 ...probably 10.1 or something.

Do share.
    02-05-14 07:51 PM
    OP; hows your experience. I believe you're already an expert of your phone. Probably lots of imported apps from android as well eh?

Once you opened the box may I know at what percentage your battery is? Do you resist the temptation and charge it to max before even turn it on?

I will receive mine in two days and as far as I'm concerned the latest update is yet to kick off here ...but rest assured it will not be 10.0 ...probably 10.1 or something.

Do share.
    I really love my phone!
    I have bought a spare battery and a transform case. I find the latest OS to drain quite a bit if battery, but after a week or so this is not that much of an issue.

I have side loaded Snap, I find this the best Android app market so far. Most of the Android apps runs smooth, but some are slow and games with Obb files won't install. I think I its possible though.

I can't remember the exact percentage, but I believe it was about 50% and I played with the phone when charging. I was too hyped to charge it full before turning it on.

Yeah, mine was loaded with 10.1
    But the 10.2 was available OTA and I installed 10.2.1 with the Autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:05 AM
    Install BlackBerry Virtual Expert and test your phone screen, ports, speaker, sensor etc.

Posted via CB10 || BlackBerry Z10 10.2.1.537
    02-08-14 08:24 AM
    This is horrible advice! You're telling someone who hasn't used a BB10 device to install a beta OS right away. If this person does that and has issues after, he/she has no ability to make comparisons too. They would never have been familiarized with 10.1 or 10.2 and therefore, wouldn't know what was an OS function or legitimate issue.

OP as others have suggested, use the phone as is with an official OS update until you're familiar with BB10 as an OS. Then once you're comfortable, move to 10.2.1.1926 as its a stable beta OS version. I suspect by the time you get used to using BB10, 10.2.1 might become official.

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1 is NOT a beta OS. It has been released by over 600 carriers globally :

http://crackberry.com/full-list-carr...ry-1021-so-far

Leaked OS's often end up deployed by carriers. Those who install the leak have the advantage of new functionality & fixes ahead of others who wait for the carriers to release.

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    02-08-14 08:43 AM
    If you're not on a carrier that's rolling out 10.2.1 (like the suckey AT&T), install the leaked 10.2.1.1925. It's an awesome OS & has a tin of features that you'll love, including the ability download and install Android apps directly to the phone! It'll really help to close the app gap for you.

The hub, once you start using it, is great! I can see notifications for all of my email accounts (I gave 5 setup) plus:

Facebook
    Four Square
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    BBM
    WhatsApp
    Text messages
    Visual voicemail
    Call log

Without the hub, that's a hell of a lot of apps to open to stay up to date! Give it a chance & you'll love it. But it is something that non BlackBerry enthusiasts criticize often, based on 1 minute of use.

My final suggestion is to check out JC's video series on why he hates his Z10. He cleverly outlines a log of the key features & functionality. Watch all 3 or 4 of them: http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3IhIgEAP4Qo6aKSJWbVWYA

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    02-08-14 08:57 AM
39 12