I'm very happy to report that I just ordered myself a Z10!! As much as I love my Bold 9930, I couldn't resist jumping to BB10 NOW!!

I actually switched from VZW to AT&T because VZW wouldn't sell it to me at $199. Instead...since I'm such a valued customer...I get the pleasure of purchasing it from VZW at full price...$600!!!

I know that my 9930 was subsidized, but my average bill is $500-$600/month (highest was $2K) because of pretty frequent International travels. I have nearly every add-on that they sell...and unlimited everything! I know that they've made their money back on me 10x over since I made the original purchase. Shouldn't they take customer profitability into consideration when they make these stupid decisions and drive customers to their competitors?

AT&T will now happily get my business & I'll get the pone that I want for $199. I really didn't want to wait until August for VZW to decide that I was finally worthy of an upgrade.

Anyway...I just had to vent for a minute. I can't wait to get my hands on my brand new Z10!!!

Keith
    R Field likes this.
    04-18-13 04:01 PM
    Hope you enjoy your new geniusphone, and that you'll be happier with your new provider

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 04:03 PM
    That's ridiculous!! It really makes me wonder how these companies survive. Here ya have a client who is obviously a good client and they lose you for a few hundred bucks. Stupid. They stick by the books, don't bend and they lose. They deserve to lose you...good for you for switching!!! Good luck with the Z. I had it and returned it for now awaiting a new release....but I truly do miss it and can't wait to go back!
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 04:04 PM
    Congrats!! Remember you can unlock your AT&T phone for international travel now. That way you aren't overpaying!!! That's way too much money!!!

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 04:04 PM
    600 a month...
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 04:05 PM
    The Verizon Retention Department would have given you what you want but why should you work hard because of their silliness? I'm on AT&T with a Z10 and all is well for me.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 04:17 PM
    Congrats! Hope you love it
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 04:49 PM
    I did the same thing...I was ready to give them a new two year commitment and they wouldn't do it so I left went to att and I've been rocking my Z10 ever since.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-18-13 07:27 PM
    That's ridiculous!! It really makes me wonder how these companies survive. Here ya have a client who is obviously a good client and they lose you for a few hundred bucks. Stupid. They stick by the books, don't bend and they lose. They deserve to lose you...good for you for switching!!! Good luck with the Z. I had it and returned it for now awaiting a new release....but I truly do miss it and can't wait to go back!
    I thought it was totally ridiculous! Thanks for the support & I hope to see you back with a Z10 soon!!
    04-18-13 09:03 PM
    I did the same thing...I was ready to give them a new two year commitment and they wouldn't do it so I left went to att and I've been rocking my Z10 ever since.

Posted via CB10
    Unbelievable...And they wonder why they can't keep customers...
    04-18-13 09:04 PM
    Congrats!! Remember you can unlock your AT&T phone for international travel now. That way you aren't overpaying!!! That's way too much money!!!

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    @kb1234 - That's a good idea! Would I get a prepaid SIM card when I arrive at my destination? I think what they charge for international voice, and especially data, is ridiculous...

Keith
    04-18-13 09:07 PM
    The Verizon Retention Department would have given you what you want but why should you work hard because of their silliness? I'm on AT&T with a Z10 and all is well for me.
    Believe me, it was much easier to switch & port my number over. I was too annoyed to work to get the same deal that they were offering brand new customers...
    04-18-13 09:09 PM
    @kb1234 - That's a good idea! Would I get a prepaid SIM card when I arrive at my destination? I think what they charge for international voice, and especially data, is ridiculous...

Keith
    Yes, you would get a micro SIM from wherever you are traveling to. Tons of CB users do this and it works like a charm for them. If you do a forum search im sure you can find some examples of the better companies being used by those who travel internationally...goodluck mate!

feel free to ask more questions!
    04-18-13 09:49 PM