I'm a High School tennis coach and a USTA tournament umpire, and spend 10/12 hrs outside, in the sun (usually) at one time. I realized yesterday that I could actually see my phone....outside, in the sun!!!
    On my GS3, with the screen brightness set to 100%, I had to shield the phone to see it. And even then it was tough. The Z10, screen at about 50% I could see perfectly. No shielding required. HUGE plus for me!!!!

I was talking to a player ( a 17y/o, probably) and noticed a torch in her hand. I said "alright, a BB girl". She said "yeah, I hate it". Of course, I took that opportunity to show her my Z10. Her next question was "why would I get this over an iPhone".... I showed her the browser, keyboard, the hub and how you can peek at things in the hub, and reply to stuff from the hub w/out going to the program. She was blown away. She said "this is too cool, all my social stuff in one place" I told her "you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. Use it for 14 days. Return it on the 15th day if you don't like it"
    I think she'll at least give it a go.

I've said before, the Z10 & BB10 will be a hit with socially connected kids if sales people would actually show them how it works. My 18 & 22 y/o daughters will be looking at the Z10 when their upgrades roll around...
    04-21-13 10:02 AM
    My boss asked me today how the screen is outdoors specifically with plenty of sunshine. I told him it was perfect.

He went on to tell me that he cannot see a single thing on his Note when there is the slightest bit of light.

Funny enough, all the demos I've shown to people in our office have been in my boss's office

Posted via CB10
    Drayk likes this.
    04-21-13 10:28 AM
    My z10 is typically at 40 percent or so. It's a real struggle to see in the sun. Guess i'll have to add that extra 10 percent,lol.
    04-21-13 10:32 AM
    My boss asked me today how the screen is outdoors specifically with plenty of sunshine. I told him it was perfect.

He went on to tell me that he cannot see a single thing on his Note when there is the slightest bit of light.

Funny enough, all the demos I've shown to people in our office have been in my boss's office

Posted via CB10
    It's really striking. I needed to quickly txt another coach at a different venue. I the middle of a court, sun beating down, I cracked off a txt, read the reply 30 sec. later then thought...." WOW, I could actually see my freakin screen. What a concept"
    04-21-13 10:35 AM
    My z10 is typically at 40 percent or so. It's a real struggle to see in the sun. Guess i'll have to add that extra 10 percent,lol.
    I use an Invisible Shield screen protector. Not sure what to tell ya, man. This is the first time I could see my phone outside in 8 months, without contorting my body to shade the screen.
    04-21-13 11:00 AM
    Yes on that. With my previous Android phone it was virtually useless out doors. BTW, I know there is the brightness slider under "display", but someone mentioned it could be set to "auto"; don't see that. Thanks
    04-21-13 11:13 AM
    I bet the q10 screen won't be as visible due to the screen technology.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:17 AM
    My z10 is around 50 per cent can see perfectly in sun light I just imagine how it would be on full blast such a great screen the z10 has so vibrant and crisp love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:52 PM
    These are the screen tests these so called reviewers should be doing instead of picking on brightness and other silly stuff. I guess seeing what's on your screen (outside) is irrelevant in today's world :/

My boss admitted his phone is virtually useless when he's outside in the daytime, and guess what? We enjoy more than 300 sunny days a year!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:47 PM
    Yes on that. With my previous Android phone it was virtually useless out doors. BTW, I know there is the brightness slider under "display", but someone mentioned it could be set to "auto"; don't see that. Thanks
    The auto setting is "on" by default. It apparently uses some complicated algorithm (has a term) to adjust the display brightness according to lighting.

As of now, it cannot be turned off.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:51 PM
    Good post OP,.. I love the Z10 outside. It rocks in good sunny weather.
    04-21-13 01:57 PM
    I noticed this the other day as well, the screen performs very well in sunlight, much better than I could have hopped. I'm also only at 50% brightness. A big plus now that we are entering summer and it wont be raining here 24/7
    04-21-13 02:02 PM
    These are the screen tests these so called reviewers should be doing instead of picking on brightness and other silly stuff. I guess seeing what's on your screen (outside) is irrelevant in today's world :/

My boss admitted his phone is virtually useless when he's outside in the daytime, and guess what? We enjoy more than 300 sunny days a year!

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha.... exactly. I'm close to Denver, CO.... we are 2nd in the country for most days of sunshine per year.... this is definitely relevant to me.

24F3ED2F - posted via CB 10
    04-21-13 02:03 PM
    Something as striking to me as the great visibility in sunlight was the teen agers reaction to the Z10. Kids rockin this device in school will go a long way to enhance popularity

24F3ED2F - posted via CB 10
    04-21-13 02:44 PM
    Absolutely, I was out to supper with my 21 year old nephew and he noticed my Zed10, he asked to see it and first was blown away by the screen, how crisp it was and I keep mine at 50 as well, he them pulled out his 4s and the screen at the same brightness was dull fuzzy and harder to read by quire a margin. He played with it a bit and really liked it

He works at a lumber yard and said he has to go back to the shop or use his body to shield the phone to see it, might have a convert

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-21-13 02:52 PM
    I don't see an "auto" setting either. Anyone know about this?
    04-21-13 03:13 PM
    See my post above

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:32 PM
    Auto is built into the settings so there isn't a way change it.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:36 PM
    It is semi-auto. The brightness will adjust up and down relative to your manual brightness setting. So best of both worlds. Best I have used!
    04-22-13 12:49 PM