I have O2 business SIM contract (~10 SIMs on one contract) but we dont get Email provided by O2.

If your email is company owned then you can decide if the Z10 will work, not O2. Go buy that phone!
    Yes, similar situation. We have one contract with 7 handsets. I currently have a spare sim from one chap that recently left.. would love to try it and find out if BB suits us...
    02-05-13 05:45 AM
    Is your activesync available directly by DNS name over the internet? If so, then yes, it'll work.

Thanks for the information
    We use outlook as our desktop email client and exchange 2010 with activesync on the back end.

Will the z10 be able to sync contacts, email, calendar and tasks as my android phone does at present?
    uktivo likes this.
    02-05-13 05:53 AM
    Thanks for the information
    We use outlook as our desktop email client and exchange 2010 with activesync on the back end.

Will the z10 be able to sync contacts, email, calendar and tasks as my android phone does at present?
    If Android works then the Z10 should also work. That is how it is for me at least.
    02-05-13 06:03 AM
    What a shame... this is a robbery...
    02-05-13 06:08 AM
    I think the situation here is quite clear, there is a greater demand for the handset than supply.

CPW and P4U make a lot more money off signing you into O2/EE/Vodafone etc than from a SIM-Free Z10. They have hiked the price in order to reduce demand for SIM-Free and increase available stock to contract sales. This is simple retail economics.

Althought it is a shame for those without the handset, all that can be said is to wait until the price is back to �479.99 or buy on contract... sorry people
    02-05-13 06:14 AM
    -captura-de-pantalla-2013-02-05-las-20.22.43.jpg
    White Z10 back to 479,95
    02-05-13 01:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2013-02-05 a las 20.22.43.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	134161
    White Z10 back to 479,95
    Yep had a look this morning and it seems that the white Z10 is back to �479 but the black one is still �549.

Saying that i went to Westfield shepherd bush last night, went into the phones 4 u store and asked the guy if he has any Z10s to sell sim free. Said yes he does but its �549, good thing they still had the old sign there saying �479 so when i queried it, the guy asked his manager and he said that he would do it for �479. Was about to pull the trigger, only to find out that they only had white Z10s in stock and i wanted a black one rather than a white one.

Left him my name and number and said that if he gets a black z10 then to give me a call and ill pop down and buy one, he did say that he will do it for �479.
    02-06-13 06:31 AM
    Why don't you try O2?
    02-06-13 06:45 AM
    Does anyone know if Verizon will let you activate a z10 bought in Canada?
    02-06-13 06:50 AM
    Why don't you try O2?
    Problem with O2 is that the handset is locked to their network which is of no use to me. Havent been able to find out if there are any unlock codes for locked Z10s, if there are then id definitely have a look at getting the O2 and unlocking it for use on my network.
    02-06-13 06:55 AM
    Hmm but if you get pay as you go won't they give you unlock code?
    02-06-13 06:57 AM
    Hmm but if you get pay as you go won't they give you unlock code?
    I dont know as i didnt bother asking, they didnt have any in stock to sell regardless.
    02-06-13 07:07 AM
    Actually sorry my bad they won't let you unlock it before 12 months, sad!
    02-06-13 07:08 AM
    Actually sorry my bad they won't let you unlock it before 12 months, sad!
    Wont really matter though if you can find someone or a place to unlock it for you. But yes just having a look around the net and it does seem that they wont give an unlock code for at least 12 mths.
    02-06-13 07:10 AM
    Guys this is a mistake on their website!!! The Black Z10 is listed as �549.95, and the White Z10 is listed as �479.95 ......just to confirm this I went back into the Phones 4 u store I bought my Z10 in and even asked the assistant and they confirmed it is �479.95 sim free/off contract.
    #BB10BELIEVE
    02-06-13 07:24 AM
    Yep had a look this morning and it seems that the white Z10 is back to �479 but the black one is still �549.

Saying that i went to Westfield shepherd bush last night, went into the phones 4 u store and asked the guy if he has any Z10s to sell sim free. Said yes he does but its �549, good thing they still had the old sign there saying �479 so when i queried it, the guy asked his manager and he said that he would do it for �479. Was about to pull the trigger, only to find out that they only had white Z10s in stock and i wanted a black one rather than a white one
    Left him my name and number and said that if he gets a black z10 then to give me a call and ill pop down and buy one, he did say that he will do it for �479.
    By law if the price in store is advertised as �479, by law they have to sell it to you at that price. Failure to do so is a breach of the trade descriptions act. He is not doing you a favour. Phones4u have previous in raising the price when items are in high demand. I would suggest sticking with Carphone Warehouse.
    02-06-13 07:30 AM
    By law if the price in store is advertised as �479, by law they have to sell it to you at that price. Failure to do so is a breach of the trade descriptions act. He is not doing you a favour. Phones4u have previous in raising the price when items are in high demand. I would suggest sticking with Carphone Warehouse.
    That's total crap! Are you a lawyer?

A shown price is merely an invitation to do business. They can charge what they like. There is no contact in place until you exchange money!
    02-06-13 08:37 AM
    That's total crap! Are you a lawyer?

A shown price is merely an invitation to do business. They can charge what they like. There is no contact in place until you exchange money!
    I think you mistaken. You don't need to be a barrister to understand the Trade Descriptions Act 1968. If the price of goods are clearly marked, the retailer cannot simply hike the price when it reaches the till. You may be in your rights to argue for a discount, but that's a discount on ADVERTISED price.
    02-06-13 10:03 AM
    I think you mistaken. You don't need to be a barrister to understand the Sales of Goods Act. If the price of goods are clearly marked, the retailer cannot simply hike the price when it reaches the till. You may be in your rights to argue for a discount, but that's a discount on ADVERTISED price.
    Your totally incorrect! As a lawyer I can tell you that's simply not true. A price is an invitation to trade. It does not form a contact. Even if you buy a product online at a mistakenly low price until you receive the actual product in your hand the retailer can change or cancel your order.

You have no legal right to force a phone shop to sell you the phone cheaper!
    02-06-13 10:09 AM
    Your totally incorrect! As a lawyer I can tell you that's simply not true. A price is an invitation to trade. It does not form a contact. Even if you buy a product online at a mistakenly low price until you receive the actual product in your hand the retailer can change or cancel your order.

You have no legal right to force a phone shop to sell you the phone cheaper!
    OK I accept that one cannot force tHe retailer to sell at the advertised price unless he has accepted payment at that price. My knowledge of law is limited to Torts and negligence that apply in my field of practice.
    My argument was based on the premise of Consumer protection. Doesn't that mean that a retailer should not provide misleading advertising. I bow to your superior knowledge.
    02-06-13 11:11 AM
    OK I accept that one cannot force tHe retailer to sell at the advertised price unless he has accepted payment at that price. My knowledge of law is limited to Torts and negligence that apply in my field of practice.
    My argument was based on the premise of Consumer protection. Doesn't that mean that a retailer should not provide misleading advertising. I bow to your superior knowledge.
    If only. It's the moral thing to do but most business don't care about that.
    02-06-13 12:38 PM
    Bought mine sim free from Phones 4 U at �479.95 so glad I didn't wait a week! Maybe they were waiting for Canada launch to hike up the prices!! Not good at all.
    02-06-13 12:46 PM
    So been doing my usual early morning/afternoon browse to see if the prices of the Z10 have gone down and whether or not CPW have them in stock to sell sim free. No such luck but i did come across a site that ive never heard of before and seems like they are doing the z10 black the cheapest sim free in the UK...with shipping �420.

Only thing is the site looks fake and doing some research, it seems like im not the only one who thinks that. They have a contact number, which i tried to call a couple of times but i get a message saying please ring back during opening hrs BUT they dont sy nor does it say on the website what their opening hrs are???

Anyhow heres a link to the website with the Z10...anyone want to take a gamble??
    Blackberry Z10 Black 16GB 4G LTE Sim Free Factory Unlocked [blackberry z10 black] - �409.99 : Discount Emporium Ltd

Seems like even their apple iphone4s are pretty damn cheap....
    02-08-13 08:39 AM
    White one is still 480 and i thought that was in demand

-capture.jpg
    02-08-13 09:21 AM
    So been doing my usual early morning/afternoon browse to see if the prices of the Z10 have gone down and whether or not CPW have them in stock to sell sim free. No such luck but i did come across a site that ive never heard of before and seems like they are doing the z10 black the cheapest sim free in the UK...with shipping �420.

Only thing is the site looks fake and doing some research, it seems like im not the only one who thinks that. They have a contact number, which i tried to call a couple of times but i get a message saying please ring back during opening hrs BUT they dont sy nor does it say on the website what their opening hrs are???

Anyhow heres a link to the website with the Z10...anyone want to take a gamble??
    Blackberry Z10 Black 16GB 4G LTE Sim Free Factory Unlocked [blackberry z10 black] - �409.99 : Discount Emporium Ltd

Seems like even their apple iphone4s are pretty damn cheap....
    Having looked at the Discount Emporium site it seems Kosher. Don't forget if you use your credit card you will be protected against fraud. Remember online retailers don't have high street overheads. The only real worry is if the products are counterfeit.BTW their opening hours are between 10:00am and 3:00pm
    I suspect the price of the Z10 will drop once it's released in the US. I would say if the price drops to �370 that is a must buy price.
    02-08-13 11:20 AM
61 123