So I just got my z10 and I am LOVING it. The keyboard is awesome, the phone is super fast and the browser is wayyyyy better than my old 9810 or 9700 or 8300. Lol. I was worried I would miss the classic BlackBerry from factor but the z10 is just that good. Even my wife, a die hard iPhone fan was hollering our "wow this keyboard rocks. It knows what I'm thinking "

I am noticing that I miss one or two of the keyboard shortcuts, specifically in the browser and messages. None of them however is as missed as the dedicated delete key.

On the torch, I always hit the delete button on the keyboard rather than using the touchscreen soft buttons, because those made me give an extra confirmation tap.

Now on the new z10, I feel like the same thing exists, but of course now I don't have a hard delete key. I think it wouldn't be a problem if there was a delete key on the bottom of the screen, but it's only on the side menu. In addition to having to hit that, you have to confirm deletion too. I get that, I guess, since they don't want to annoy people with fat thumbs, but I also don't like three key presses to delete. It seems like they could a)have a delete key on the bottom, readily accessible and b)not ask for the confirmations. They could instead do the pop up like with adding browser bookmarks, offering the option to undo.

Now, I'm sure some of you will say "just don't delete email"but I really like to.

So is there any trick I'm missing to delete an email with just one touch or gesture?

Thanks in advance. LOVE THAT BB10!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:20 AM
    You can turn off the "delete confirmation box" if you want. that will speed the process
    08-11-13 10:28 AM
    You can turn off the "delete confirmation box" if you want. that will speed the process
    With that off, just long press the email you wish to delete, then drag thumb over the trash bin icon. That will give you the one motion delete.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 10:31 AM
    if I understand your question........to delete an email....2 ways I know. from hub press and hold the email you want to delete then from the right side of the phone a slide with pop up then there is a trash can at the bottom.....second way there is three dots at the bottom right from hub...press on that then select more then delete
    Rohit_K likes this.
    08-11-13 10:31 AM
    Thanks for this suggestion. That did help. Efficiency is improved thirty three percent!

I still feel like two presses is more than I want though

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:38 AM
    With that off, just long press the email you wish to delete, then drag thumb over the trash bin icon. That will give you the one motion delete.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I follow. I get the pop up on the side but I can't drag over.

I also think there should be a delete key when the message is open. That seems almost obligatory. Reply, reply all, and forward are there but delete is in an overflow menu? Is it just me or is deletion much more common that the BlackBerry 10 ui assumes

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:42 AM

I also think there should be a delete key when the message is open. That seems almost obligatory. Reply, reply all, and forward are there but delete is in an overflow menu? Is it just me or is deletion much more common that the BlackBerry 10 ui assumes

Posted via CB10
    I think it is a safety factor. With delete confirmation off, you run the risk of hitting delete on accident and not being able to get the message back (text, gone forever while email has to be dug out of the trash to restore).

I'm hoping for multi-select with having to turn on the option in the overflow first. Not sure how that would work though...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:53 AM
    From the hub you can select multiple emails to delete at one time.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:08 PM
    i wish you could just tap, hold and swipe away. Love this on my android
    08-11-13 12:08 PM
    i wish you could just tap, hold and swipe away. Love this on my android
    You can....i mentioned it earlier

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    On the email you want to delete, long press and without taking your finger off the screen, slide over to the trash can. The trashcan slides to the left when you do this, apparently so you can change your mind. Just continue to slide your finger to the can. When you get there, just let go. Message deleted. I just tried this. Works with or without confirm delete active. Just one step if confirm delete is deactivated.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:18 PM
    You can....i mentioned it earlier

Posted via CB10
    its not the same
    08-11-13 12:32 PM
    I don't think I follow. I get the pop up on the side but I can't drag over

Posted via CB10
    Yes. So drag your thumb over the delete key.

You can even go to reply or whatever.

- Tap
    - hold
    (overflow menu) will pop up.
    - drag your thumb to whatever
    - it will execute that command

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:49 PM
    He is right. I didn't know this either. Just tap and hold on the message, drag your thumb to the trash and release. Message deleted.

I think the confusion you are having OP is that it seems like you aren't moving the message. In fact you are. Give it a try!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 01:06 PM
    Yes. So drag your thumb over the delete key.

You can even go to reply or whatever.

- Tap
    - hold
    (overflow menu) will pop up.
    - drag your thumb to whatever
    - it will execute that command

Posted via CB10
    Ahh I did it. It is a tad difficult though. For one, the ability wasn't readily apparent ie I had to ask here. For two, I still can't always pull it off. It seems I "let go"off the item pretty easily.

Still though, these suggestions have Al helped. With delete confirm off, deleting a message when it's open is just a fast double tap, since the trash icon is right there where the overflow was.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you have turned off delete confirmation, I know it's two taps but the delete is right there when in an email, if you get the timing down tap the three dots then tap again for delete. If it's junk you know you just want to delete from the main screen (showing subjects) tap the three dots then select more, select all the junk and delete at once.
    08-11-13 06:45 PM