Installed 1925 today....it's wonderful. How unfortunate I can't put leaks on my work Q10.
    01-12-14 07:18 PM
    Just helping a buddy down in Windsor load 1925 now (over the phone). He's in for a treat.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-13-14 09:14 PM
    I finally took the plunge and decided to try it. By the way i know nothing about computers lol Manage to do it the first time no problem !! Didn't have the guts to try it with my white Z30 but did it on the white Z10. Once i was done i research a bit about Android apps so i downloaded 1 mobile market and so far only downloaded 1 app instagram and working Just can't believe how easy it is !!!
    Seriously 10.2.1.1925 is awesome. This is such a big step ahead I'm really hoping that bb10 phones will start to sell with all these apps!!

Sry about the 100 thread about this but I'm feeling like a little kid lol. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    side load snap! much better then mobile 1 and the other ****ty android apps. snap is the whole google play store and 1 click installs.

DRUNKINNNNN LOVEEEEE

WE BE ALL NIGHT!!!
    01-13-14 10:04 PM
    Just helping a buddy down in Windsor load 1925 now (over the phone). He's in for a treat.

Posted via CB10
    He sure is !!! can't put the phone down ever since lol

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-13-14 10:08 PM
    side load snap! much better then mobile 1 and the other ****ty android apps. snap is the whole google play store and 1 click installs.

DRUNKINNNNN LOVEEEEE

WE BE ALL NIGHT!!!
    I did after everybody told me !!! Way better !! thx!!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:09 PM
    Finally got my Z10 a day ago and am rocking it with OS 10.2.1.1925! The jump from 10 to 10.2 was evident and suddenly am convinced that my Z runs on steroids!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 11:02 PM
    Finally got my Z10 a day ago and am rocking it with OS 10.2.1.1925! The jump from 10 to 10.2 was evident and suddenly am convinced that my Z runs on steroids!

Posted via CB10
    Glad you got a Z and already running the leak, !!! Wish i would of use leaks earlier lol

Cheers !!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 11:35 PM
    For the past two evenings I have been helping a friend in another country via BBM setup her new Z10. I knew which model she was getting and when so I wrote up a set of instructions with various Web links and copied the instruction doc file, 10.2.1.1925 loader and Snap...bar on to a memory stick which I mailed to her. Unfortunately, the 1926 radio loader was not leaked until after I sent it.

She was able to install 1925 just following my instructions, so that saved us time. Getting the radio update on was challenging. She is smart but not technical. After she got the basic setup done, I walked her through sideloading Snap. That went smoothly. Her reaction upon seeing what Snap made available was, and I quote "Ssssshut the f*#k up!!!! I have alllll these apps that I couldn't get before!!!!!!". I explained that not all Android apps will work, but many will. I also suggested she check BlackBerry World first when seeking apps.

She is coming from a Curve (I think). I had her do a backup using BlackBerry Protect on her old phone and restore it in Protect on the Z10 to transfer what it could. Tonight we will get her media card content moved since she got a new class 10 SD card for the Z10. And then start setting up accounts. It is fun to see her discover BB10.
    I'm glad you went out of your way to help her out. It's so worth it. You definitely sold her on the phone and hopefully she sells it to another friend !! This site keeps amazing me with how many people are trying to help friends or strangers for a better bb10 experience !! Cheers !!

Sent from white Z30!!
    01-14-14 04:06 AM
    Well I took the plunge yesterday and installed not only 10.2.1.1925 but Snap and the porsche design clock again!

I haven't fully discovered all the goodies yet but I'm pumped about SNAP and my phone seems to be a bit more responsive now. So far I've installed Shazam, WD MyCloud for my NAS, Kijiji, Netflix and Instagram (I had most of these side loaded before but updated version are better). I'm not a big app guy so these are fine for now.

Any other goodies within the OS I can look forward too? I'm coming from 10.2 already, so I can't imagine there are to many.

Posted via CB10
    justkonyen and Carjackd like this.
    01-16-14 07:18 AM
    2nd day in and I'm noticing my battery life has suffered. Took the phone off the charger at 8:05 am and it's now 8:54 am and I'm already dropped to 85%

I've made 1 call, 1 text and sent a few emails and BBMs. Nothing taxing and I've already lost 15% of my battery life. Not looking good!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:57 AM
    2nd day in and I'm noticing my battery life has suffered. Took the phone off the charger at 8:05 am and it's now 8:54 am and I'm already dropped to 85%

I've made 1 call, 1 text and sent a few emails and BBMs. Nothing taxing and I've already lost 15% of my battery life. Not looking good!

Posted via CB10
    Give it two to three days for the os to settle it should get better

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-17-14 09:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm experiencing the same problem with my Z30.

I bought the Z10 about a month ago. After installing 1925, my battery life was terrible. Most people said all you have to do is wait a few days to let it settle in. Well, I waited for weeks and it didn't get any better.

So I ordered the Z30 on eBay. And for the whole week it took for the Z30 to get delivered, the battery life on my Z10 magically got better. Oh well. Now I have two BlackBerries
    01-17-14 04:49 PM
    Bought my Z10 about a month and a half ago, my LS1 battery brand new of course thought it had great battery life just to find out that I was loosing battery power way too fast for approximately 1hr of use went from 100% to 65% in nearly 6hrs. So I ordered a new battery thinking it's just a defective battery, to my surprise it's not. This Z10 just sucks battery like I never imagined. Someone has to have a fix for this thing, or send a new phone? If anyone has the Z30 let me know if the battery life is better on that cause you barely get a full day out this Z10.
    01-17-14 06:00 PM
    Bought my Z10 about a month and a half ago, my LS1 battery brand new of course thought it had great battery life just to find out that I was loosing battery power way too fast for approximately 1hr of use went from 100% to 65% in nearly 6hrs. So I ordered a new battery thinking it's just a defective battery, to my surprise it's not. This Z10 just sucks battery like I never imagined. Someone has to have a fix for this thing, or send a new phone? If anyone has the Z30 let me know if the battery life is better on that cause you barely get a full day out this Z10.
    What OS and radio are you using?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 08:58 PM
    OS 10.2.0.429 STL100-3 Z10 what other info do you need, I'm constantly checking for new updates I'm just not a hacker on blackberries so doing tweaks on this phone I'm sure. Radio Version 10.2.0.1804

What OS and radio are you using?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:03 PM
    Radio Version 10.2.0.1804

OS 10.2.0.429 STL100-3 Z10 what other info do you need, I'm constantly checking for new updates I'm just not a hacker on blackberries so doing tweaks on this phone I'm sure.
    01-17-14 10:06 PM
    You don't need to be a hacker. It's pretty easy to installed a leaked OS just follow the bouncing ball in the forums. I'm using the leaked OS. 1925 and the battery life is pretty good. Certainly it's a lot better than the last official release by Rogers. Nevertheless I've only ever installed 3 leaks on my phone the first was back in July. After I installed the first i thought "what the hell was I waiting on?" 1925 will give you access to snap which will get you into the Google Play store and open a whole new world for apps on tour device.

If you need any help, hit the forums. We are all here to help.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:53 PM
    Where ya from Christian?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:56 PM
    I thought by updating to 10.2.1.x you'll be able to download the Apps directly from the play store... now I read that there is a downloader/chrome installer as an in-between-step... Really???

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    01-17-14 11:16 PM
    I thought by updating to 10.2.1.x you'll be able to download the Apps directly from the play store... now I read that there is a downloader/chrome installer as an in-between-step... Really???

10.2.1..... sideload snap, and you have access to Google Play store.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:44 PM
    Your experience of the Z10 battery is accurate. I bought the Z10 battery charger bundle and have to swap out the battery after 8-10hrs. Its an inexpensive solution. The Z30 battery should easily give you a day and a half. It is certainly much much better than the Z10. My brother in law has the Z30 and on his usage pattern, gets 3 days.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-18-14 12:27 AM

You can download Android apk files directly & install them with no side loading required. There are various ways to get apk files, including directly online by downloading them, from various Android app stores (Amazon app store works well), and from a native BB10 store called Snap. Snap needs to be side loaded as its not available in BlackBerry World, but that's only one route. It provides access to the Google Play stores free apps.

Here's a list of stores, most of which requires no side loading:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...stores-873637/

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    01-18-14 02:45 AM

It's like 2 more steps to side load SNAP onto the phone and then that app gives you the access to the Google Play store. Don't be so lazy or one of those people whining about they shouldn't have sideload bla bla bla.

You want the goods on a BB10 phone, this is how to do it!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 07:18 AM
    Niagara Falls Ontario Canada Carjackd. How about you

Where ya from Christian?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 02:14 PM
    Niagara Falls Ontario Canada Carjackd. How about you
    Burlington, On....you need any help at all loading a leak I have no problem helping you out, even over the phone. Fixed up my buddy down in Windsor on Tuesday took about 50 minutes to load 1925 and snap.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:59 PM
82 1234