having owned a bold 9000 for quite some time and being totally in love with it - so much so i havent even bothered with upgrading to OS7, ive been playing with the idea of getting the z10 or the Q10.

now ive done some research and basically i wont be losing many apps when i upgrade, i dont use anything google besides maps so i wont have difficulties there, blah blah etc etc.

basically im on my last little point on my own little list of what the phone needs for me to switch; customisation:
    -the 9000 as you all know has themes that allow you to customise thee layout and design of the os, so does OS7 to an extent.
    -i know the z 10 doesnt have themes no need to tell me that
    -so what exactly can you customise to make the phone more your own besides wallpaper and grouping apps into folders?

(im not asking about settings customisation just the design and layout stuff)
    03-29-13 10:12 AM
    Absolutely none. Wallpaper and thats about it. Coming from android, it makes me a little sad but the phone is beautiful to begin with so I think i will manage.
    Acidwire likes this.
    03-29-13 11:32 AM
    ^ what he said.
    Acidwire likes this.
    03-29-13 11:34 AM
    There's an app called "Z Theme" in the market for $1.99. Let's you customize the status bar, wallpaper, and dock. I bought it, it's not that bad. Better than nothing I guess :-/

Posted from my Z10
    Acidwire likes this.
    03-29-13 11:38 AM
    ^what they said
    Acidwire likes this.
    03-29-13 01:20 PM
    ah so its really bare bones when it comes to customisation :/ does it have a home screen by the way or does the lockscreen essentially function as the home screen? the closest ive seen so far is the active frames panel with just one frame open or a one folder/app page acting as a home screen.

thanks for the honest answers guys id rather be told how it really is than someone over glam it and id be disappointed when buying it. i may still buy it yet customisation isnt the end of the world but it is pretty important to me
    03-29-13 02:05 PM
    It has a lock screen that is separate from the home screen. It has the Hub where all your messages are. Then it has pages for your apps.
    03-29-13 02:07 PM
    You can customize it about as much as iOS (or a little less). Coming from a bunch of Android phones and iOS devices, I really find BB10 refreshing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:13 PM
    You can customize it about as much as iOS (or a little less). Coming from a bunch of Android phones and iOS devices, I really find BB10 refreshing.

Posted via CB10
    Way more customizing options with iOS and Android, epically if it's jail broken or rooted. BlackBerry 10 should get there eventually.

Posted from my Z10
    03-29-13 02:26 PM
    Sigh. As a previous theme junkie I really do miss that.
    Right now I would even settle for having my weather sets (made BW) on the home screen.

But, I'm getting used to not having it, and maybe one fine day something will be available to allow for more customization.
    In the mean time, just getting to know the phone and everything else is keeping me happy.
    Oh and Wallpaper Changer HD and Z Theme, and now Vital Signs (battery app - you can customize the active frame with different batteries, backgrounds etc) are about it for the moment
    03-29-13 02:35 PM
    As an ex-Android user, much of my customizing was to optimize the use of Android. The Z10 is already very will optimized and the need for customizing is less.
    Don't under utilize the active frame in the Z10. You can treat they like widgets. In addition, you can use them as quick accesses to system settings or apps.
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-29-13 02:41 PM
    Absolutely none. Wallpaper and thats about it. Coming from android, it makes me a little sad but the phone is beautiful to begin with so I think i will manage.
    Ya, all those 3rd party apps you need on Android are not needed. The z10 does everything out of box that an s3 does with plug ins. I love it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:03 PM
    I want to add that I can get anywhere on a z10 in about two seconds. It's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:06 PM