I'm back on Blackberry using a Q10 which is a fantastic device. I'm just wondering how bad the Z10 battery actually is.. Can you make it through a full day with moderate usage? The battery was the main reason I skipped it in favor of the Q10. I really love BBOS and the hub and just think a little larger screen could be really nice! I have a chance to buy one locally new for 140$. I really don't want to carry spare batteries and chargers etc. Thanks for any input.

Ryan

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 08:14 PM
    I have both, a Q10 and a Z10, but the Q10 is my daily driver. I don't know what your usage patterns are but with me, my Z10's battery has drained down and has needed a recharge long before I'm done using it for the day. I have to be more vigilant with the battery levels and use accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 09:12 PM
    The Z10 battery is not bad at all. With the latest software updates I was routinely getting 14-16 hours/day with moderate usage. The phone is a great phone. I'm now using a Z30 because of the increased screen size and USBOTG.

You do have to be more settings conscious though.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 10:06 PM
    I have both the Q10 and Z10 as well. With moderate use, I find I can make it through the whole day without switching the battery on the Z10. I have a n 1800 mAh battery case attached to it in case I end up having an "unusual" day. I have found that the battery drain has gotten less of a problem with the latest OS update. Although I love my Q10 as a pocket rocket of a device, it's nice to have the additional real estate of the Z10 for video viewing and web browsing.

Posted via Q10 SQN100-2/Z10 STL 100-3
    08-17-15 10:06 PM
    Battery in the Z10 is absolutely horrendous.
    But if you take up wall hugging then it's OK. Carry 4 extra batteries with you.

I'm on my Z10 because my Z30's screen is blown. For the 3rd time. So I'm noticing how bad the battery is a lot more intensely. But also noticing how I've never had a screen problem with the Z10 in 2.5 years.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    08-18-15 01:40 AM
    I'm back on Blackberry using a Q10 which is a fantastic device. I'm just wondering how bad the Z10 battery actually is.. Can you make it through a full day with moderate usage? The battery was the main reason I skipped it in favor of the Q10. I really love BBOS and the hub and just think a little larger screen could be really nice! I have a chance to buy one locally new for 140$. I really don't want to carry spare batteries and chargers etc. Thanks for any input.

Ryan

Posted via CB10
    Go for it. You will make it easily a day with moderate usage. 24h+ on light usage.
    08-18-15 03:34 AM
    I am a BlackBerry Z10 business user and my battery always lasts me the whole working day N.B. I do not use my phone to play games I use it for all work applications

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:42 AM
    Z10 feels like 60% of q10. Sold it while a go but now I miss my z10. I heard it's better on 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:01 AM
    Some people here have said the latest OS updates improved Z10 battery life. I can't comment on the latest OS updates because I switched to a Q10 before the updates were available.

When my Z10 was my daily driver, I found I always needed to be at the pump. I think the issue was the battery was disproportionately small for the phone. Perhaps an extended life battery would be useful for it?

In contrast, my Q10 has been much more reliable with regard to battery life. It also has that sweet, carbon fiber weave back piece. That is a nice plus.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-18-15 08:21 AM

Ryan

Posted via CB10
    For a battery life that will compare to the Q10, you should buy the Z30, or be disappointed :-)
    08-18-15 08:31 AM
    I am on 10.3.1 with my z10 and the battery will get you through the day if you are on wifi or 2g, 3g-4g will drain about 5% to 8% for 10min browsing the Web! I tested it myself.
    For that price it's a great phone and you could at least buy external battery, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:00 AM
    If you do not mind a larger phone with an AMOLED screen (like the Q10) go for the Z30. I prefer a smaller phone with LCD. I use my phone 95% of the time for calls, emails and texts, and I easily get through the day on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:26 AM
    It defeats the purpose of having a modern smartphone if you cannot take advantage of modern technology. If you want to use your bb10 device without 4g or WiFi. If you can live with that then a legacy bbos phone it'll last much longer than any bb10 device. On 2g the browser is slower than my 9900 was on 2g. Also none of native apps seem to be able to operate on 2g constant "connection error" and crashing in the case of cb10 and bbw.
    Unless you are willing to charge up 1-2x before he end of the day or get a spare battery avoid the z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:31 AM
    I found that I was not able to get a full day's usage out of my Z10 without charging. Eventually had to get a spare battery and charger pack. As always, your mileage may vary, but I didn't consider myself a heavy user. Very little web surfing, no streaming. Mostly IMs (BBM and whatsapp), messages (texts and emails) and Facebook via the Facebook app as opposed to the web. I will also add that the additional battery pack and charger were very small and easy to carry around so having to get them wasn't a huge pain.
    08-18-15 09:37 AM
    I typically keep my Z10 on the charger at home, work or in the car. I got my reality check on Saturday. I was out socially with my Z10 unplugged in my purse. It was dead with moderate usage (a few check ins, pics, texts and calls) in 4 hours.
    08-18-15 01:08 PM
    Never did understand what moderate usage means. "Hello can't talk now goodbye ".

If I last half a work day without needing to plug it in I feel like I conquered the world.

What's this 16 + hours mean? Ohhh and the fun part as well sometimes before even reaching 20% (battery saving mode) you see the black bold text. "Device is shutting down ".

Cheers folks

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 01:16 PM
    The battery life of the Z10 really depends on your mobile network (and perhaps which device variant). If you're limited to EDGE/3G/4G, then the Z10 has pretty good battery life. If you have LTE, then the Z10 has horrible battery life. I also get the feeling that the STL100-1 may last longer in general than the STL100-3, but no idea about other variants.
    08-18-15 03:28 PM
    If you watch your settings I think you can get 1 day's use out of it (moderate usage). People that report huge drains I think sometimes just forgot to charge it and assume the phone is the problem. Or maybe leave the WiFi on when they shouldn't.
    08-18-15 03:29 PM
    I wouldn't recomend z10 in terms of battery

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:07 PM
    I typically keep my Z10 on the charger at home, work or in the car. I got my reality check on Saturday. I was out socially with my Z10 unplugged in my purse. It was dead with moderate usage (a few check ins, pics, texts and calls) in 4 hours.
    You have a REAL problem then

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:26 PM
    We have z10, q10, and z30 in our family.

I think the network connection is the biggest factor with the z10. I would be on WiFi at work or at home and the battery would generally last from 6 AM to 10 PM. This includes a couple hours of Bluetooth calls, exchange email and calendar, personal emails, BBM texts, Web browsing, and playing music through headphones.

Games would kill the battery quickly (some about 20% per hour) and traveling without WiFi would cut a few hours off when browsing.

As others have stated, the battery life, especially standby, has significantly improved with each software update.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:39 PM