I got a Z10 over the weekend and am impressed so far, it's a really smooth, fast running phone and I like the BlackBerry hub, it feells much easier to navigate than how I would check for mail/messages on my Galaxy S II which it has replaced.
    I have previously had a Curve 9300 which was a good phone at the time but the Z10 has moved things on a long way.

A couple of bugs though-which I'm willing to forgive, being a new system and everything.

1. BlackBerry Link is hopeless, my phone managed to sync with my computer the first time I tried, then it couldn't communicate with device, I don't know if this is a Mac issue but Desktop Manager for my old Curve always worked fine.
    Luckily I transferred my contacts through syncing with Gmail and managed to put all my Music on an SD card which I plugged into my Galaxy S II so it isn't a major issue for me at the moment but something I hope gets sorted out soon.

2. Battery Life+phone never seems to fully charge, The battery is only on its second cycle and I've done some software updates so I assume the battery life will be getting better over this week, no major issue there, but the other thing I notice is the phone doesn't seem to want to fully charge up ,the lightning symbol will still be on even if the battery percentage is at 100% in the settings, if I reboot the phone it does usually indicate it's fully charged though.
    Has anyone else had this issue?.

Overall it's a faster and more pleasant experience than my Galaxy S II, certainly less buggy, I have had a look at an iPhone 5 that a friend has and would say it performs better overall than one too.
    03-11-13 03:22 PM
    i would say the link is growing pains and i probably has a conflict somewhere i imagine it will be resolved.... the battery gets better over time.. which is the case of all batteries.. make sure you kill it the first couple of uses before you charge it.. in normally wait till under 10 % then charge fully.. and do it 2 or 3 times.. after the update the battery life was improved..
    03-11-13 03:41 PM
    Yeah the battery life seems to be getting better on even its second cycle and I had a 3mb software update through today too.
    With Link it's something I hope they get working right soon but it hasn't affected me in a major way and I found an easy work around by using the SD card and the Galaxy S II.
    The charging issue is something that concerns me a little more, although I'm hoping it's a software issue and the battery isn't actually overcharging, I've heard this doesn't happen if you charge the phone when it's switched off so I will try and do that next time instead.

I was initially thinking of waiting for the Galaxy S 4 but I've found Android to be quite buggy at times and I liked my old BB Curve and a decent number of friends have BBs so it's good to have BBM back, I love the Hub and email intergration too, very impressed with the phone so far.
    03-11-13 03:56 PM
    i would say the link is growing pains and i probably has a conflict somewhere i imagine it will be resolved.... the battery gets better over time.. which is the case of all batteries.. make sure you kill it the first couple of uses before you charge it.. in normally wait till under 10 % then charge fully.. and do it 2 or 3 times.. after the update the battery life was improved..
    You never, NEVER want to kill a lithium ion battery completely. Everytime you do you cause damage to the battery that shortens its life span. Lithium ion batteries need to be charged fully first time and that is it. They like to have juice running though them.
    03-11-13 03:58 PM
    I've had my Z10 for about a month now. Charged it overnight and after nine hours at work using the device continously for email and some Crackberrin' I still have 72% battery.

I have Bluetooth on, turned off NFC and my external emails are set to check mail every few hours.

My phone is connected on LTE and internal company WiFi.

Since the update my battery lasts considerably longer.

Via my Z10
    03-11-13 04:08 PM
    I'm not certain what you problems are with BlackBerry link on a mac. I'm on mountain lion and it works absolutely perfectly with both my z10 and PlayBook. Very impressed with great iTunes two way sync.

What is the problem you are experiencing?

Battery life is great as well, even better after the software update. I've got mine just over three weeks now so a few cycles. But with 15 accounts in the hub pushing it lasts me easy a day if not two.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 04:18 PM
    The lightning bolt does go eventually... it's still trickle charging at that point even tho the phone says 100%. You will notice it goes up in 5% increments so 100% could reli be 98%.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 04:22 PM
    Congrats on getting the Z10! With regards to the battery...it will get better! after a week or so it will stabilize. Once you update to 10.85 it will get better.
    03-11-13 04:22 PM
    The lightning bolt does go eventually... it's still trickle charging at that point even tho the phone says 100%. You will notice it goes up in 5% increments so 100% could reli be 98%.

Posted via CB10
    Yea it does go in 5% increments but i've seen it at 99%! Will check to see if the 5% increments stop at 95% and continue 1% from there... (Can't remember exactly, was too excited!)
    03-11-13 04:24 PM
    My battery has been draining quickly even after the update. I'll fully charge my phone and have to charge it again within six hours of moderate use; my wifi and bluetooth are off and my screen brightness is less than half. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 04:51 PM
    You never, NEVER want to kill a lithium ion battery completely. Everytime you do you cause damage to the battery that shortens its life span. Lithium ion batteries need to be charged fully first time and that is it. They like to have juice running though them.
    to fully drain a battery is very very hard you need to short it out really and then when shorting any other battery if causes seriouss damage. for a smartphone you let the battery die so the phoen shuts off and then you can charge it, but this doesn't mean that the battery is fully drained tehre is still some charge and voltage. the best way to break i na battery is to drain it and fully charge it 2-4 times
    03-11-13 05:06 PM
    My battery has been draining quickly even after the update. I'll fully charge my phone and have to charge it again within six hours of moderate use; my wifi and bluetooth are off and my screen brightness is less than half. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you.

Posted via CB10
    try a reboot, one thing i would like to see with a BB10 update or a third party app is the ability to do a memory sweep and clean up un used stored memory, i've noticed the Z10 tends to store alot of unused memory from clsed apps, this mainly happens wit hthe browser and could cause battery drains. i can get alteast 24 hours from my Z10 unless i'm playign games or watchign videos then the battery does drain quickly, this is likely goign to happen on any device, its what you get when you have a dual core CPU and a larger HD screen
    03-11-13 05:10 PM
    Whenever I plug in my Z10 to my Mac via USB it says "cannot communicate with device", I charged the battery up earlier, have used BBM, email and made about 20 mins worth of calls and it's still on 90% so it looks like it's getting better already .
    No option for LTE in the UK yet, well there is but not on the Network I'm on, I'm looking forward to it becoming available soon though, I'm stuck on HSPA+ at the moment, it's still pretty fast though.
    My software has updated to 10.90 today.
    03-11-13 05:18 PM
    I've done the reset thing actually. I've started doing it because bed now; that's when I charge it fully. The same issue still occurs. This is without watching video also.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:28 PM
    Stop spreading FUD. Every new Lithium Ion Battery needs to be fully discharged to the point that the smartphone automatically shuts itself down, followed by a full recharge. Repeat this process a few times and there after once each month. Between the monthly cycles recharge the battery when it gets to 10%.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-11-13 05:35 PM
    The 95% charging thing only lasts the first few cycles - after that, it will go to 100%. Once you upgrade to .85, battery life will get better and after 5-6 charge cycles better yet again.

There are many things you can do to get to 24-48 hours on a single charge...and none have any impact on me.

I don't use social media, I run 100% screen brightness, I don't allow gestures when locked - and I only run in H+/ 3G...as I don't see much impact on the browser speeds in any case, but that change alone is good for another 50-60% battery life. 4G LTE coverage is so poor in Quebec that the phone is busy looking for more signal all the time anyway.

I run gmail/ hotmail and Active Sync for 3 accounts, do a lot of texting/ BBM and a good 100 e-mails per day, with a few hours on the phone. Then there's some browsing as well.
    03-11-13 05:39 PM
    Stop spreading FUD. Every new Lithium Ion Battery needs to be fully discharged to the point that the smartphone automatically shuts itself down, followed by a full recharge. Repeat this process a few times and there after once each month. Between the monthly cycles recharge the battery when it gets to 10%.

Not true - that's what kills them. Discharging under 20-25% are not good for them at all. Don't know where you get your info from, but you're wrong. These are Li-on batteries, not NiCad or NIMH.

The best method for these batteries are to NOT fully charge them and not fully discharge them. Run them between 25%-85%, always. Do some research and you'll see. The only FUD here is what you just said.
    03-11-13 05:41 PM
    Whenever I plug in my Z10 to my Mac via USB it says "cannot communicate with device", I charged the battery up earlier, have used BBM, email and made about 20 mins worth of calls and it's still on 90% so it looks like it's getting better already .
    No option for LTE in the UK yet, well there is but not on the Network I'm on, I'm looking forward to it becoming available soon though, I'm stuck on HSPA+ at the moment, it's still pretty fast though.
    My software has updated to 10.90 today.
    Did you restart your Mac after installing BlackBerry link? Did you verify and repair permissions via disk utility? Have you tried a different cable?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:53 PM
    Not true - that's what kills them. Discharging under 20-25% are not good for them at all. Don't know where you get your info from, but you're wrong. These are Li-on batteries, not NiCad or NIMH.

The best method for these batteries are to NOT fully charge them and not fully discharge them. Run them between 25%-85%, always. Do some research and you'll see. The only FUD here is what you just said.
    If this were the case Lenovo batteries would die in a months time and people would be getting them replaced under warranty a lot as most people have their machines plugged into 95% of the time. So I think your numbers are little off or that you don't fully understand battery technology from today's standards.
    03-11-13 08:39 PM

Do a google search on how to get the most out of your Lithium Ion battery. It will explain that if you kill it completely you damage the cells. You can charge them to 100%, you just don't want to leave them plugged in for 24-48 hours with a full charge as this will damage them as well. A quick google search will confirm this.

http://www.bluebugle.org/2012/10/Lit....99O4dglW.dpbs

I have been following this practice for over 4 years now. My Torch 9800 was 3 yrs old, battery would last at least 2 days being turned on at 5am and off around 11pm. End of first day I would usually be no less than 70% and day 2 maybe 30%. Only did this a couple of time as my routine was always to plug phone in when I went to sleep and unplugged in the morning.
    Last edited by kbalaz; 03-12-13 at 06:09 AM.
    03-11-13 09:02 PM