Plus 1

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    Don't call B'S. Call EE!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-09-14 08:26 PM
    planning to buy z10 next week.now I'm thinking twice whether to buy it or not. Howeve with the continuous software update I don't think they will stop handset business...

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Before your purchase, research Customer Support. Many folks are having issues, myself included.
    02-10-14 12:10 AM
    Good grief, she sounds like she is just making it up as she goes. I'd want to definitely talk to a supervisor to see if they even know what crap she's telling people.
    That's nothing, my AT&T store reps told me BB went out of business 2 years ago.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-10-14 12:11 AM
    Sounds like another paid troll thread to me.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    02-10-14 12:19 AM
    I have Virgin Mobile Canada. I have gotten some of the dumbest people on the phone. Despite my attempts to communicate politely, I am often told I cannot be helped and they won't even transfer my call to another department. I hang up, call back, get someone different who tells me completely different things and forwards me to another department.

I recommend calling back 4 or 5 times and asking the same questions. I guarantee you will get a different answer every time.

I stick with them, but only cause they're cheap and give good concert codes and coupons.

Posted via CB10
    planning to buy z10 next week.now I'm thinking twice whether to buy it or not. Howeve with the continuous software update I don't think they will stop handset business...

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Don't even think twice. You will love the Z10 more than one might think.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    BlackBerry isn't going anywhere. Seriously. BlackBerry has a 5 year deal with Foxconn to build handsets, they have had 3 OS Updates in the last year and has one of the smoothest OS' in the business.

-New CEO that continues to just speak the truth and make smart decisions.
    -New OS10.2.1 gives you the ability to load Android apps directory.
    - QNX deals with Porsche and Mercedes, the future looks bright.
    -BES 10 also has been the go to for many of the world's most important businesses.

BlackBerry seems to be moving up once again. How far up? We'll have to see. If one thing is true, BB is dedicated to build this once again!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    pvphooman likes this.
    02-10-14 12:53 AM
    Before your purchase, research Customer Support. Many folks are having issues, myself included.
    I have a Z10 and a Q10 - no problems/issues. For the record.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:03 AM
    That's nothing, my AT&T store reps told me BB went out of business 2 years ago.
    Lol - no way !

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 01:07 AM
    Another sadly misinformed carrier employee...
    02-10-14 01:31 AM
    They have been saying that since the Bold 9900, and then we got BB10! I would say it's just a rep who doesn't really know what she is talking about, and doesn't care to find out either.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 06:57 AM
    Well, I just got off the phone with Virgin Mobile a few minutes ago, talking about an early upgrade to a Z30 from my Z10. I couldn't believe what I was just told.....

I asked her why at Bell, they offer the Z30 hardware for free and at Virgin, they don't even offer the Z30. She told me that quote "You know the BBM thing for IPhone and Android? It's to commemorate BlackBerry being phased out of the hand set market. They are being phased out. "

I asked her what she meant. I asked her if BlackBerry is going bankrupt, and she said no, but they are phasing out the Hand sets. That's why we aren't seeing them being carried at Costco anymore, for example.
    Apparently that is why there are only about three models of BlackBerry phones to choose from at Virgin. I said, well, you better do some more research, because they are coming out with a few more hand sets this year alone. She said that's not necessary.....she didn't need to research anything further. Apparently, BlackBerry told them this.

Are we doomed with the BlackBerry phones we currently have and with the services provided?

Someone. Please fill me in why she said this.

Posted Via Z10
    this rep has a very nice imagination...gotta give them that...
    02-10-14 07:30 AM
    I went into a Verizon store yesterday to buy my wife a Z10. They had a floor model for the Z10, Z30 & Q10 - only had the Q10 in stock and it's "not on their order list" to get the others in. Very sad...
    02-10-14 07:49 AM
    To the main question: Reuter's reported a couple months ago that BlackBerry was considering refocusing their production to business. For instance (unless this has changed) if you went on T-Mo's consumer site and wanted to upgrade and get, for example, a Z10, it wouldn't let you. (If you called, however, you could do it). But, if you went on the T-Mo business site, Z10 and Q10 were both available. And, according to that article, business demand is still "strong". The other part of bi-polar Blackberry, has been trying to decide if they should just focus on their non-handset side. But, then we have this (which of course, strongly suggests they are not going away as a handset maker):

"Indonesia will be a top priority this year as a potential production base with attractive costs and skills. That would tie in with Foxconn's deal to design and market phones in the country with BlackBerry Ltd as the Canadian company seeks to reverse its decline in the smartphone business"

"Best known for putting together iPhones, Foxconn honed its skills by meeting Apple's exacting standards and supply chain rigor. It boasts a workforce of more than 1 million, and the scale to negotiate cheaper component prices than BlackBerry could obtain on its own."

This from here:Foxconn eyes factories in U.S., Indonesia as China's luster fades | Reuters

Date was Jan 27 2014.
    02-10-14 11:01 AM
    Yeah... probably not working on any more phones.
    02-10-14 12:22 PM
    Yeah... probably not working on any more phones.
    Of course, people are now not going to check your links and take what you said at face value. It's pretty clear from your links and mine that BBerry's desire is to continue making phones.
    Last edited by scrannel; 02-10-14 at 03:45 PM.
    02-10-14 03:14 PM
    Large wireless provider makes stock purchases months in advance - its a calculated guess what the market will want 6mo down the road. Decisions are based upon: how much $$ they want to spend on new inventory, best seller, which provider offers the best terms, product with best margins, etc.

And what if those Head Office purchasing guys guess wrong, or the stock they WANT can't arrive in time ...

So 6mo later � you walk into the store, and can't find the new Z/Q phone on their shelves. Sales rep likely doesn't realize the whole backstory. And a business is never going to admit "we messed up, we didn't order it because we didn't think it would be popular enough". Instead she's been told a weird excuse or half-truth about BlackBerry having "troubles" and their store didn't get inventory. Soon she blurs the two tangents together � and spins it so you wouldn't want that product anyhow, "Blackberry didn't have the inventory, they're in THAT MUCH trouble".

SALES 101: sell what is available NOW. We want to start collecting your monthly phone payments.
    02-10-14 10:56 PM
67 123