I'm sorry to hear, I hope you can find another position in BlackBerry=(
    05-08-13 01:32 AM
    Funny so many commend his class when he ended his post with a potshot. I'm sure there was a good reason he was sent walking.
    True that.. didn't quite realize it at the time. Good on ya.
    05-08-13 02:57 AM
    Please be more specific. This is a great window into your thought process.
    I can't speak to Loucifer75's thought processes but I can speak to mine. The potshot he/she refers to is really just "I got walked out, my computer, VPN access and <corporate issued> BlackBerry was confiscated, so really I can't recall what the policy was; I remember reading it... and signing a form saying that I've read it and agree to it and adhere to it, but geez, that was 6 months ago, I can't remember the details. I was serious in my msg to OD (BlackBerry's HR): If I'm breaking the Corporate Social Networking policy, let me know. Or at least send me a copy so I can review.
    05-08-13 03:13 AM
    Many readers of this thread have never been laid off or terminated---not yet, anyway---and you did a great service to them by so beautifully illustrating the right way to act under such difficult circumstances. Congratulations on taking the high road---you will go far.
    This comment - and a few others on this thread - got me thinking... "I've been through this a few times already. How terrifying must it be to some of the new grads working in engineering or SW... the whole 'I could be turfed at any time' thing.".
    To that end I've put down a few thoughts here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...c-poll-804321/
    In short: Don't Panic.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-08-13 03:22 AM
    Funny so many commend his class when he ended his post with a potshot. I'm sure there was a good reason he was sent walking.
    It wasn't any particularly mean shot. Maybe a little irony. I'm sorry, I have trouble seeing why I should discredit what seemed a sincere attempt to take the high road for the sake of a comment that at worst betrayed a little unintentional bitterness.

Posted via CB10
    semperfi45, seacan2 and 00stryder like this.
    05-08-13 03:49 AM
    I've always been amazed ,at how ,all you laid off workers agree with the company's decision, to let you go.You seem sincere and I hope one day, they will call you back.
    05-08-13 04:51 AM
    You're in Canada, I am in Canada, I have great app ideas, You have internal Coding experience. Let's get together and chat or collaborate. I have an app idea that will revolutionize Shopping. Get at me. Kudos for being such a great sport.
    05-08-13 05:28 AM
    Sorry to hear of your job loss OP but its nice to see that you arent *too* bitter about it. Kudos to you for making the post and giving us your thoughts, of course being made redundant isnt a nice thing but im sure you will be on your feet in no time.

Good luck
    Lawrie Sherratt likes this.
    05-08-13 12:48 PM
    Now that's showing a lot of class!
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-08-13 01:15 PM
    You're in Canada, I am in Canada, I have great app ideas, You have internal Coding experience. Let's get together and chat or collaborate. I have an app idea that will revolutionize Shopping. Get at me. Kudos for being such a great sport.
    Go for it...
    05-08-13 02:06 PM
    having said that...
    (yes I know BBRy PR peeps monitor our usage** on this forum)

My first stop on my way home was to pick up a new Z10 at the Rogers store; having had the hardware and been using it as my daily device for almost a year, its hard to let go. Its still an excellent device. yeah I've used a Q10 but strangely the virtual keyboard has grown on me (my previous device being a 9790).

The reasons for my dismissal are officially "your position has been determined .. 'redundant'", and yet I can think nothing bad about my former employer. The cost reductions, headcount reduction put in place etc. are what is driving the shareholder improvements that you all have been seeing. All of my colleagues still there are working incredibly hard to put out the latest software and coolest devices to you guys.

While I could give some juicy details, I won't. Suffice to say there's some exciting stuff coming down the pipes to you guys.
    Griping about your carrier not having some update? This is entirely your carrier. Some take our updates as "well, if they've tested, we're good with that" and others need to put the updates through the normal gauntlet; literally some guy on a street corner going "can you hear me now?" >> all directed at ensuring that your experience with <device> is good. So be patient.

There's some really awesome stuff coming your way. Think of Thorsten's comments around BB10 being "a mobile computing platform". just be patient.

** I would have reviewed our corporate Social Media Policy (covering things such as posting to crackberry,com) but sadly that went by the way-side when you took my VPN token and walked me out. Feel free to DM me OD.
    Imagine that these days a person with honor. You must have been a Marine. Just kidding, I respect you.
    05-08-13 02:13 PM
    I can't speak to Loucifer75's thought processes but I can speak to mine. The potshot he/she refers to is really just "I got walked out, my computer, VPN access and <corporate issued> BlackBerry was confiscated, so really I can't recall what the policy was; I remember reading it... and signing a form saying that I've read it and agree to it and adhere to it, but geez, that was 6 months ago, I can't remember the details. I was serious in my msg to OD (BlackBerry's HR): If I'm breaking the Corporate Social Networking policy, let me know. Or at least send me a copy so I can review.
    I don't see any pot shots in there.
    seacan2, Thunderbuck and 00stryder like this.
    05-08-13 02:29 PM
    I was gonna try my luck until I noticed the word "off" in the title of the topic

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-08-13 03:04 PM
    Imagine that these days a person with honor. You must have been a Marine. Just kidding, I respect you.
    marines are american more like canadian special forces, and hey the canadians made improvments over the british SAS training
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-08-13 03:11 PM
    I've used a Q10 but strangely the virtual keyboard has grown on me

With that, I'll try not to get hold of Q10 then, I still and I will continue to love my Z.

To know more of my love of ZZZZ
    05-08-13 04:00 PM
    I hope the success of the Q10 will drive a turn around. I get the impression BlackBerry is a company
    with tons if good people and hope the bb10 gambit pays off

Lays offs suck but in our world they seem like part of life.

I have a Z10, once I have a usable app suite, I'll be happy. I love the actual hardware, love
    The industrial design, love the Hub....

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:09 PM
    I am sorry for you losing your job.

Consider coming to New York City.Here there are hundreds of start-up companies in internet/programing related businesses.
    They are looking for new staff all the time and have limited supply.
    05-08-13 05:56 PM
    Great attitude to have my man. Can't say I would be as cool and calm in the same situation. Best of luck in the future!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:18 PM
    Hey sweet, what experiance do you have? I know of a company looking for devs. Also, make sure you take advantage of the resources tbrough Communitech. Best of luck to you. Karma will reward you for being so stand up!
    05-11-13 08:25 AM
    Great attitude to have my man. Can't say I would be as cool and calm in the same situation. Best of luck in the future!

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting where you got that handle from. What can you tell me about picking up women?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:48 AM
220 ... 789