My Q5 has an issue with the camera, similar to the issue some of you appear to be having since the firmware update. So I sent it in to get re-flashed.

While she was looking for a demo phone for me the worker pulled out A Z10, and I told her I wanted to try one so it's perfect. So it's the demo phone koodo has set me up with.

I am right at home with the bb10 if course, although blackberry bridge is missing from this phone so I can't link my playbook.

I sure miss the keyboard, however I see that Typo has ripped off BlackBerry and is manufacturing keyboards for the iPhone. I think this keyboard option would be perfect for these Z phones, giving you the best of both worlds.

For the most part I like the phone. The only thing I hate is the spell correction. For some reason it changes the word for to fit from time to time along with other words. I am wondering if the last user was an even worst speller than me, and messed it up.

If this keyboard starts acting better I am thinking of seeing if koodo will sell it to me for a reasonable price, just to have as a spare phone.

On a side note, it sounds like Koodo may not sell any more BlackBerry phones after the q5 is sold out. It sounds like they just don't sell enough. Which is a shame considering that both companies are Canadian owned.

Just a quick edit. Back to the camera issue. They are hoping on having my q5 back in around 10 days. If it's a firmware issue they will know and hopefully get a revised version done up quickly.
    If it's something else they'll hopefully figure it out and come up with a solution soon.

Either way I'll let you know what is wrong with my phone. Hoping that it'll help you all out too.
    04-14-14 07:23 PM
    Very cool!
    04-14-14 07:29 PM
    Why not clear learned words from the keyboard settings? Start fresh and let it get used to your own typing. Maybe you'll love it then.

Z10 leaked
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-14-14 07:34 PM
    Thanks I never knew I could. I'll do that right now.
    04-14-14 07:40 PM
    Hope it helps =)

Z10 leaked
    04-14-14 08:14 PM
    Thanks, much better.

I would love to update the OS on here, but am afraid that if I do the camera will stop working.
    I don't know if they will sell it to me afterwards, but there is no harm in asking them. I see the odd z10 for sale used here, but rarely and they often want more than the present new prices.
    04-14-14 08:33 PM
    Thanks, much better.

I would love to update the OS on here, but am afraid that if I do the camera will stop working.
    I don't know if they will sell it to me afterwards, but there is no harm in asking them. I see the odd z10 for sale used here, but rarely and they often want more than the present new prices.
    Just hook it up to BlackBerry Link, back it up and load 10.2.1. You shouldn't have any issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:29 PM
    Just hook it up to BlackBerry Link, back it up and load 10.2.1. You shouldn't have any issues.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks,
    Any ideas who's only computer is in the shop getting a bunch of spywear removed. I should have it back in 2 days, do I'll try it then.
    04-14-14 09:38 PM
    I am sure you all know this already, but I discovered while in a coffee shop that just lying the phone on your power smart (or whatever they call it) holster puts your phone into sleep mode. It doesn't matter which side you have up.

The q5 does go into sleep mode too, but you need to leave it facing down, and the sensor must be right on top of the magnet.
    Just so you know, BlackBerry doesn't make a holster got the w5, and the z10 is the best fit. So I own a z10 holster already.
    04-15-14 12:24 AM
    So you now own the Z10 holster , do you think you might buy the phone in the next few days? *grins*. I'm starting to think you do like the phone yeah

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 03:35 AM
    Once you move to full touch, you never want to go back to physical keyboards!

The screen real estate is just much more useful a service to have in my opinion. I'm an IT professional, I have to write complex technical communications all day long and I haven't found writing them on the Z10 any different or difficult then writing them on my 9900.

I'm a proof reader regardless the device I'm using, so I almost always catch my mistakes. Key word there is "almost" .

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 07:13 AM

The screen real estate is just much more useful a service to have in my opinion. I'm an IT professional, I have to write complex technical communications all day long and I haven't found writing them on the Z10 any different or difficult then writing them on my 9900.

I'm a proof reader regardless the device I'm using, so I almost always catch my mistakes. Key word there is "almost" .

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on this one. The screen real estate and the quality of the virtual keyboard is what sells the phone. I see no need to go back to a physical keyboard. I have always been a good at spelling as well as syntax and grammar. Like you, a quick proof read can eliminate most errors and is a good practice to adopt. I wish the some of the bloggers here at CrackBerry would do this. A number of them make silly mistakes that a quick proof read would catch. In my anal retentive opinion, it takes away from the professionalism of the article.

Play with the Z10 a few more days after clearing the predictive word suggestions and the OP will probably be hooked. Upgrade that OS to 10.2.1 and then you, the OP, will really begin to experience the goodness of BB10 on a full touch device.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-15-14 08:03 AM
    I do love the look, the quality, And the feel of the Z10. In so many ways it is a superior phone over the q5, and it blows away every Android phone I've owned.

Posted via CB10
    I came over from the android world, and after I got used to the physical keyboard I preferred it and still do. I will occasionally use it while on my PlayBook too. The problem is my fingers seem to brush the wrong key just hard enough to trigger that letter instead. I don't have this problem with the physical keyboard.
    I guess that Crackberry is the only company catering to people from both worlds.

I was thinking last night, the best for me would be a design like those old slide out keyboards, with bb10 of course and a full sized touch screen. Then we would have our choice built right in.
    04-15-14 11:01 AM