And thats why I filled the two rows with contact information on the lock screen!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-21-14 01:17 PM
    Based on my personal experience who have found and returned at least a dozen phone, I would suggest you take out the sim card and put it in your own phone and hopefully it is not password protected.

And if you are lucky enough there are some contact numbers that you could make use of.

Good luck
    05-21-14 01:49 PM
    If you can gain access after switching cards check email for their email address and send message

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:08 PM
    And thats why I filled the two rows with contact information on the lock screen!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    This is what I've done since my Bold 9000 I have my name and an email address listed that I can access from anywhere. Haven't needed it yet, thankfully.
    RyanGermann and bruce73 like this.
    05-21-14 02:19 PM
    You found a Z10 in the wild? Quick! Play the lottery! The odds of even seeing one besides your own have to be astronomical.
    05-21-14 02:34 PM
    IDEA - I brainstromed this:

Make an emergency call!!!!
    It is possible without unlocking...
    Excuse yourself, give your identity to show that you're honest, ask them politely to read the number you called from, then contact the carrier so that they contact the person on an other way, even per mail!!!

If I'd found the phone, I would have made it so!!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    Your "brainstrom" is a breeze at best. I dont know what the situation is like in Germany, but here in the US, the 911 system is needlessly clogged with ridiculous, non-emergency calls. I don't think it would be appreciated too much.

Z10 - 10.2.1.2941 (3175/3140)
    Last edited by bruce73; 05-22-14 at 04:07 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    05-21-14 02:35 PM
    As already mentioned, just remove the SIM card and put it in another phone. The phone number should then be displayed on the phone, and you could try to call it to reach the voice mail and know the person's name, or just call the carrier to see the owner associated with this phone, or just search through contacts for friends.

Plenty of choices.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    DYLANHABKIRK and blackmoe like this.
    05-21-14 04:17 PM
    The carrier isn't going to tell you a thing about the owners phone if you call them.

With privacy the way it is, good luck with that.
    05-21-14 04:50 PM
    I found a Z10 laying somewhere out in the open and I would like to return it to the owner.

When I turn on the lockscreen, I can only see her wallpaper, time, and email icon and swiping to unlock requests a device password.

How do I go about figuring out how to contact the owner by finding her contact information in phone?

Thanks, I appreciate it
    you could open it and reply back to this forum with the PIN (This is found under the battery).
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-21-14 05:07 PM
    you could open it and reply back to this forum with the PIN (This is found under the battery).
    ^^Cool didnt know and now I do and boy is that tiny writing.
    You could go on bbm on your phone and use the pin to contact said owner. bet they would be super happy!! Guy or Girl. A phone is your life nowadays. Your Everything. Your Precious.

That right there is a commercial waiting to happen...
    05-21-14 05:19 PM
    This isn't around Baltimore, MD is it? My sister lost her Z10 a few weeks ago. I tried to help her with protect, but it was either turned off and wiped immediately or protect just didn't work at locating the device.

Had to lend (will probably turn into give) her my Z10.

Good luck and glad see there are some decent people still out there.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 05:23 PM
    The carrier isn't going to tell you a thing about the owners phone if you call them.

Exactly, but the carrier could contact the owner and let them know its been found.
    05-21-14 06:16 PM
    Find out who the carrier is and either go to their corporate store (if you're in the US, I would only trust an actual corporate store as opposed to a dealer) or, even easier, call the carrier's customer service line, advise them that you found one of their customers' phones, give them the SIM card number and ask them to note the customer's account that you have found their phone and have them note a contact number or email address for yourself. This way, when the customer calls in, the rep can give them that info. The rep may also have an alternate reach number (or number of an additional line on the account) and can call and let them know. This way, the carrier isn't giving out any information to you.
    05-21-14 06:53 PM
    Perhaps open it and look for IMEI #? Then figure out which carrier it belongs to. Contact them and see if they'll give it to the person. If they've got a SIM card, it'll say the carrier too.

A lot of people recommend giving it to the police but my guy is an officer. He says that most of those items get thrown in a box and no leg work is ever done.

Thank you for trying to do the right thing and good luck!

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    Not true. I am a Police Property Officer and we have tools that enable us to gather cellphone data from the phone that we use to find the owner.
    05-21-14 06:58 PM
    That's why I always place a(note it) small paper with my adress and home phone number on the battery. In case it is found and someone wants to change the sim card or opens the battery door he can see who is the owner and might give it back. At least there is a way higher chance to get it back.

RedBerry Z10 #00167 OS10.2.1.2947 /2235
    MichealBerry and anischab like this.
    05-21-14 08:12 PM
    That would have been my guess as well lol I certainly don't have my pic as my wallpaper lol I have however, had my fianc�e's pic as my wallpaper.

Not sure why you would automatically assume its a her because of a female picture set as the wallpaper. If I have Brittney Palmer as my wallpaper, does that mean its now her phone?
    Guys don't, but girls do. You'd be surprised. I see A LOT of girls with their own picture as their wall paper... To me, that's a bit too narcissistic, but apparently that's "normal" now...
    05-21-14 10:10 PM
    My experience from working for most carriers in Canada:

Pop the SIM card out and identify the carrier (usually a logo or name). Call them and tell them you've located a lost device, give them the SIM number and they'll be able to match it up with a customer's account and reach out to them. They'll need your contact information as they more than likely won't give you the info to contact them, but they'll get in touch with them and connect the two of you.
    DYLANHABKIRK, Superfly_FR and Uzi like this.
    05-21-14 10:16 PM
    Kudos to the OP for the honesty. The world needs more people like you

All the best in finding the owner. I'm sure they will be eternally grateful for the gesture.
    05-21-14 10:26 PM

But THEY can do it!

05-21-14 11:06 PM
    ^^Cool didnt know and now I do and boy is that tiny writing.
    You could go on bbm on your phone and use the pin to contact said owner. bet they would be super happy!! Guy or Girl. A phone is your life nowadays. Your Everything. Your Precious.

That right there is a commercial waiting to happen...
    The PIN is phone related... sadly they can only BBM with that pin on that precise phone!

05-21-14 11:08 PM
    Find out who the carrier is and either go to their corporate store (if you're in the US, I would only trust an actual corporate store as opposed to a dealer) or, even easier, call the carrier's customer service line, advise them that you found one of their customers' phones, give them the SIM card number and ask them to note the customer's account that you have found their phone and have them note a contact number or email address for yourself. This way, when the customer calls in, the rep can give them that info. The rep may also have an alternate reach number (or number of an additional line on the account) and can call and let them know. This way, the carrier isn't giving out any information to you.
    Best

Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-21-14 11:10 PM
    That's why I always place a(note it) small paper with my adress and home phone number on the battery. In case it is found and someone wants to change the sim card or opens the battery door he can see who is the owner and might give it back. At least there is a way higher chance to get it back.

RedBerry Z10 #00167 OS10.2.1.2947 /2235
    Good Idea! I'll do it too!! The Lock-screen doesn't show if the phone goes off... and any "honest" finder would open the battery door to see what SIM is in, so he finds the note!! Thanks! I've got Adress-stickers!

05-21-14 11:14 PM
    Just do the sim card thing, call anyone on the contact list, that person will see the phone's phone number as their caller id, explain to that person you found the phone and if they could contact that individual by some other number or method and leave your phone number to give to the owner. Wait for him/her to call...

Edit: I actually did this when a classmate left her phone in my car. I didn't know her well enough to know her home number or anything, so I just called a friend on her contact list and simply asked that friend to inform her that I have her phone and gave my phone number to her friend to give to her to call me... Pretty simple, had it back to her within the day.
    05-21-14 11:14 PM
    My experience from working for most carriers in Canada:

Pop the SIM card out and identify the carrier (usually a logo or name). Call them and tell them you've located a lost device, give them the SIM number and they'll be able to match it up with a customer's account and reach out to them. They'll need your contact information as they more than likely won't give you the info to contact them, but they'll get in touch with them and connect the two of you.
    ^^^----OK... What are you waiting for? (@OP)

05-21-14 11:17 PM
    Just do the sim card thing, call anyone on the contact list, that person will see the phone's phone number as their caller id, explain to that person you found the phone and if they could contact that individual by some other number or method and leave your phone number to give to the owner. Wait for him/her to call...

Edit: I actually did this when a classmate left her phone in my car. I didn't know her well enough to know her home number or anything, so I just called a friend on her contact list and simply asked that friend to inform her that I have her phone and gave my phone number to her friend to give to her to call me... Pretty simple, had it back to her within the day.
    When the SIM is locked, you can't. Besides, BB owners save contacts on the phone.

05-21-14 11:18 PM
101 1234 ...