I found a Z10 laying somewhere out in the open and I would like to return it to the owner.

When I turn on the lockscreen, I can only see her wallpaper, time, and email icon and swiping to unlock requests a device password.

How do I go about figuring out how to contact the owner by finding her contact information in phone?

Thanks, I appreciate it
    05-21-14 10:40 AM
    I guess you could leave it on and wait to see if she calls it?
    diegonei likes this.
    05-21-14 10:41 AM
    Perhaps open it and look for IMEI #? Then figure out which carrier it belongs to. Contact them and see if they'll give it to the person. If they've got a SIM card, it'll say the carrier too.

A lot of people recommend giving it to the police but my guy is an officer. He says that most of those items get thrown in a box and no leg work is ever done.

Thank you for trying to do the right thing and good luck!

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    05-21-14 10:42 AM
    She'll definitely try to call back once she realised it's missing

Encrypted on my Z10
    DYLANHABKIRK and diegonei like this.
    05-21-14 10:44 AM
    first, how do you know its a her?

second, it isn't a red limited edition z10 by any chance, is it?
    pttptppt likes this.
    05-21-14 10:45 AM
    Wait until someone calls. It's the best thing. And if that person is on Crackberry we shall know soon.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    05-21-14 10:45 AM
    Thanks everyone.

It has been a couple of days since it's been found and no calls. I think I will just return it to the carrier in hopes they will contact her/return it to her since I have no other choice.

Oh and I know it's a "her" because her wallpaper is her picture.. lol
    05-21-14 10:48 AM
    Look at the sim card, what carrier is it, contact the carrier, with the imei, they should be able to contact the owner for you..

Hope so anyway lol

Posted via CB10/O.S.10.2.1.2228
    05-21-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks everyone.

It has been a couple of days since it's been found and no calls. I think I will just return it to the carrier in hopes they will contact her/return it to her since I have no other choice.

It could be a guy with a picture of their girlfriend on their wallpaper

Posted via CB10
    KDB84, Nemzy, serbanescu and 6 others like this.
    05-21-14 11:06 AM
    If the simcard not passworded you can put in another phone and see any contacts there?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 11:07 AM
    Thanks everyone.

The world needs more people like you - an honest person!

Now I just hope she's not one of those who never remembers their own phone number.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 11:09 AM
    I found a Z10 laying somewhere out in the open and I would like to return it to the owner.

When I turn on the lockscreen, I can only see her wallpaper, time, and email icon and swiping to unlock requests a device password.

How do I go about figuring out how to contact the owner by finding her contact information in phone?

Thanks, I appreciate it
    Faith in humanity restored

Apart from that try to swap sim it may be possible some contacts may be on her/his sim if its not password protected

Also if there is no contacts try to call your no from the sim..Once you get the contact no.Call the service provider of the no & ask them about the identity of the Person of the sim
    diegonei likes this.
    05-21-14 11:11 AM
    I can almost guaranty you the carrier will not return it to the person who lost it. Hopefully the person reads Crackberry. In my limited experience, carriers are not interested in returning lost phones.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-21-14 11:24 AM
    If you found it in the Barcelona airport it is mine. Of course by now the battery would be long dead since I lost it last July.
    05-21-14 11:43 AM
    It could be a guy with a picture of their girlfriend on their wallpaper

Posted via CB10
    That would have been my guess as well lol I certainly don't have my pic as my wallpaper lol I have however, had my fianc�e's pic as my wallpaper.

Not sure why you would automatically assume its a her because of a female picture set as the wallpaper. If I have Brittney Palmer as my wallpaper, does that mean its now her phone?
    Nemzy likes this.
    05-21-14 11:50 AM
    Where was it found?
    05-21-14 11:55 AM
    That would have been my guess as well lol I certainly don't have my pic as my wallpaper lol I have however, had my fianc�e's pic as my wallpaper.

Not sure why you would automatically assume its a her because of a female picture set as the wallpaper. If I have Brittney Palmer as my wallpaper, does that mean its now her phone?
    OP is probably from my neck of the woods where girls put their duck face selfies as their wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-21-14 11:58 AM
    OP, you're good.
    If you go this far to return this phone to its owner may as well go a bit extra and call the carrier.

? CB10 ?
    05-21-14 12:01 PM
    OP is probably from my neck of the woods where girls put their duck face selfies as their wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    You mean the 21st Century? I think most of us are here...
    wdls2323 likes this.
    05-21-14 12:01 PM
    Is the phone wallpaper a picture of two girls in black and white (if you are located in Toronto). It was lost on Sunday night.
    05-21-14 12:07 PM
    Why not contact a local tv station via twitter and have her pic and say you have the phone. Be surprised what their social media accounts can do..

Used in Vancouver all the time to return things to owners. Usually within a day.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    05-21-14 12:31 PM
    Take the SIM out, go to the carrier's bureau/representant, make them look to the number written on the sim card and contact the customer that is paying the bill of that sim card.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    serbanescu and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-21-14 12:57 PM
    Thanks everyone.

Or she's a girlfreiend of a "his" who made her his Wallpaper... I always had my (now wife) girlfreind as my wp... now, it's her and my son!

tfp likes this.
    05-21-14 01:00 PM
    Oh, don't wipe, continue to charge it... If ever you did not turn it off to extract the sim...
    Any anouncement in Media, there where you found it, some prospects! Police?

05-21-14 01:06 PM
    IDEA - I brainstromed this:

Make an emergency call!!!!
    It is possible without unlocking...
    Excuse yourself, give your identity to show that you're honest, ask them politely to read the number you called from, then contact the carrier so that they contact the person on an other way, even per mail!!!

If I'd found the phone, I would have made it so!!

05-21-14 01:09 PM
101 123 ...